ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Reddish Nearing a Decision

This is why I'm not sure why Cal hasn't offered Louis King. There is no doubt this will entice Cam to play for UK even more. Plus, King won't scare anyone off, he will contribute and be a multi year player. It's not like this kid sucks and we are just using him to get Reddish. The kid can play.

I'll get clubbed over the head for saying it but I still think the 30 for 30 did Cal no favors.

I'll get clubbed over the head for saying it but I still think the 30 for 30 did Cal no favors.
In what way? I doubt recruits are saying to themselves before they decide, "remember that 30 for 30 Cal did... yeah I didn't like the editing. No UK for me." Not sure how much more complimentary his former players could have been during the 30 for 30 with their statements.

Which would mean Barrett would be pushed our way. I'm fine with that trade off as he murdered Reddish during the USA U19 games.
Barrett becomes key for both teams. Great points and SFs for both teams (assuming UK gets Williamson). Barrett as SG will be way better than whoever is playing for the other team.

Reactions: Col. Angus
In what way? I doubt recruits are saying to themselves before they decide, "remember that 30 for 30 Cal did... yeah I didn't like the editing. No UK for me." Not sure how much more complimentary his former players could have been during the 30 for 30 with their statements.

I don't think it will matter with most recruits but one or two may may decide they don't want to work that hard for a year, he's too hard on them, the incident with the reporter, etc. Not worth worrying about and we dont want players that don't want to work hard anyway.

Based on his little summary of each team, I feel like Duke will be hard to beat out, sadly.
He may well go to Duke, but his statements were very basic general words about everyone designed to give nothing away.

And like others, I think if we don't get Reddish, we'll get Barrett and I think we get Williamson either way. I feel very good about next year's class.

Reactions: Mr_GG
I won't be surprised if he picks duke, but how anyone can glean anything significant from his comments in that article is beyond me. Classic recruit-speak.

Reactions: jrpross
Hope you guys are right re Reddish to us but do not see anything in that article which indicates he is favoring us

That's it guys. Barrett is friends with Jones. Everyone knows that players NEVER go to other schools besides where their friends go

Reddish I feel will be at duke. Coach k is sticking it to cal since 2015. Rsci rankings only 1 top 5 player since then and it was skal. I think duke has had 5 or 6. Grabbing the last 2 #1 ranked players. Duke will need a monster class in 18. Cause they will loose there're entire starting 5. They get Jones and reddish and selling rj Barrett on playing the 3. If they pull it off I will puke.

Reddish is rooming with trae Jones at the Nike camp which trevon duvuall will be at as well as marques bolden. Go figure.

He needs to go ahead & pick Duke, reclassify & play this season at Duke. The fact that he doesn't have a high school diploma doesn't mean anything as long as he picks Duke. I mean Marvin Bagley has no more got a high school diploma than my 4 year niece does. But he'll be eligible at Duke this year.

Reactions: Cawood86
I just find it amazing that puke/splinter can bounce back after the shit show of last year and do what he is doing.
Throw in how transparent Cal is with one and done, support and development of players, success in the NBA and it just doesn't make sense.

I think he goes to Duke which is fine if it means we get Barrett. I'll take RJB over Cam every day. The thought of K selling both of them to play the 2/3 at Duke scares the crap out of me though.

What are you hearing on Jamal Murray?
Same thing everyone else heard and that was Oregon. You obviously don't know anything about how recruiting works. Just like Kevin Knox showed us kids can be good at poker faces and sending people in opposite directions. Happens all the time.

Reactions: Stonewall12
I doubt Jones going to Duke was a big surprise to him, so I don't see why his sudden commitment would put Duke out in front.

IMO when reddish picks duke UK will land quickly , Barrett and zion. Those 3 I feel really really good about us getting

Uh...pretty obvious it's Duke. Look at how many Duke players have surrounded him at there & one in His room. :flushed:

Right now it's momentum. K is pissed about Knox. If I'm Cal I'd take Reddish as a personal battle with K & pull out ALL the stops to get him...just to piss on K

Uh...pretty obvious it's Duke. Look at how many Duke players have surrounded him at there & one in His room. :flushed:

Right now it's momentum. K is pissed about Knox. If I'm Cal I'd take Reddish as a personal battle with K & pull out ALL the stops to get him...just to piss on K
He's trying. He just got time coaching him that the other coaches didn't and still gonna loose him. It's not momentum cal hasn't landed a top 5 player since skal and we all know how that turned out. K and Capel is just out recruiting us right now plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT