ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's Tenure = Pitino's (8 years)

Oh please with the nonsense that Rick couldn't have won with 5 NBA players that were HIS recruits at UK in 98. That crap was started by Rick himself pumping Tubby at UK and some of you buy it. In what world could Tubby Smith win a title with a team Pitino couldn't? Wake up.
Just because he could possibly win doesn't mean he would win. Quit acting like you're psychic. You can yell all day about how Pitino would have did this or that with those guys but you don't. No one thought Pitino would lose to Zona in 97 with 5 NBA players but we did. Then we won the next year with 3 NBA guys in Padgett, Magloire, & Mohammed after losing Anderson & Mercer. Ridiculous for you to guarantee those guys win a championship if Rick's coaching them.

If Pitino had stayed at Kentucky, he would have won several more Championships. When he left for the NBA he had restored Kentucky back to the national spotlight. I think that when commentators talk about Duke's run in that time frame, Kentucky would have been mentioned right along side them.

Here's a question I would throw out there. How many championships do you think Pitino would have won in the last 8 years with Calipari's players.As my Louisville friends like to say, how many Mcdonald All-Americans does it take for Kentucky to come up empty every year? So the question is, who is the better bench coach?
I don't know but i do know Cal is 8-2 head to head with pitino. But I'm not a dumbass ul fan.

I guess you are serious about that.

Do you realize how good Derek Anderson was? Consider that Ron Mercer was 3rd in voting for national player of the year. But Derek was the best player on the team.

But most knowledgeable Kentucky fans know that the most catastrophic injury in UK history was the Mike Casey's car crash broken leg prior to the 1970 season.

Casey was more outstanding than DAN ISSEL in their sophomore season.

In 1970 we went 25-1 before entering the NCAA tournament as #1 in the country -- without the injured Mike Casey.

• Said Issel: "I'm convinced in my mind that if Mike had been able to play his senior year and been the player he was his sophomore and junior years, we would have had a great opportunity to add another championship banner to Kentucky's total."
Amen Mike was my roommate and teammate May he Rest In Peace Coach Rupp called him "my money player"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT