ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's deafening silence on Higginsgate

Cal loves this. Don't think for one second Cal wouldnt say something, he would. Higgins is a CRIMINAL. Some of you don't seem to get that. Cal watched that mf'r steal an entire season from his boys who worked their asses off. He's watched him steal seasons right out from under UK. Higgins is a bum POS. Let him suffer. And that's what Cal is doing.

Aside from that, with all due respect, I don't personally give a damn if Cal does call the dogs off. These Pit Bulls called UK fans are deathly loyal and that means the program, not just Cal.

If Barnhart won't fight back, the fans are left to their devices, literally. It's his fault for being such a sell out POS hatchet man for the establishment. He's worse than a banker.

If some of you can't deal with that, you're more than allowed to create a "good UK" fan Facebook page and spend the next year bumping up his businesses rating. But get out of the way or get that ass ran over.

Higgins opened the opera and BBN just joined in. There are some things Cal just can't participate in Higgins has a License to steal (that whistle and striped shirt) he needs to suffer for what he has done. There was thread prior to the game saying Higgins was calling this game and showing our record when he calls a game we are involved in. The NCAA knows this to and they know that UNC is the bastion of cheating and yet they allow him to be in this game that tells you a lot, sometimes you just have to read the sign. We live in a politically correct climate which I detest, Higgins is extremely fortunate that some BBN fan hasn't carried him out behind the barn and gave him a old fashioned course in reality like he gave us.

Cal hasn't acknowledged this because if he does, it will keep this in the spotlight even longer.

I'm sure the big shots at UK are hoping this goes away quickly and quietly.

Reactions: crpoore
I'm more surprised MB hasn't said something or "asked" Cal to say something.

Because he is a small feline that chases strings. I hope MB is doing or at least making our displeasure front and center. If not we have a feline for a AD.

Coach Cal is 26 - 6 in NCAA tournament.

Higgins has Cal at 0 - 3.

Without Higgin's game, Cal is 26 - 3. (90% winning)

Oh, and it's not like he has played bunch of scrubs and Higgins were the hardest, either. Let's remove first round.

19 - 3 (86%).

It's hard for me to believe that our coach who is winning NCAA at such a high rate (btw, beating OTHER #1 seeds while being a 4 seed and 8 seed). can be 0 - 3 with any ref.

EDIT: I actually had one extra loss. whoops

Last edited:
Coach Cal is 26 - 7 in NCAA tournament.

Higgins has Cal at 0 - 3.

Without Higgin's game, Cal is 26 - 4. (87% winning)

Oh, and it's not like he has played bunch of scrubs and Higgins were the hardest, either. Let's remove first round.

19 - 4 (83%).

It's hard for me to believe that our coach who is winning NCAA at such a high rate (btw, beating OTHER #1 seeds while being a 4 seed and 8 seed). can be 0 - 3 with any ref.

Harumph.

Media needs to do more digging than this one game one call BS.

Cal needs to use the video of higgins jobbing us as a motivating tool for our players to
take free throws a little more seriously. He has little control over who refs games, but he can emphasize the importance of free throws a bit more.

Reactions: KYHomeBoyinNC
if there are death threats (effing stupid) he may be forced to say something eventually. but his silence initially is telling.

Reactions: Bardstown
On this, Cal is like the guy who has been sitting in his easy chair in his house everyday while his Rottweiler runs to the back door barking at the punk kids who keep cutting through his yard. Until one day he's had enough and he "accidentally" leaves the screen door ajar and then sits there with the TV turned up loud so he can't hear the carnage going on back there. . . smiling with satisfaction.

Reactions: dezyDeco
I think the facebook reviews are fair game...... and informative

Wouldnt you want to know if the guy working on your roof is a sleaze bag with a history of screwing people over? Thats the type of person you cant trust to give you a fair shake. If he's willing to screw over teenagers and a whole fan base........ whats he going to do to you if you forget to offer him a coffee while he's repairing your roof?

I'm not surprised. Possibly losing a few titles reaffirms my belief.

Cal's had enough, finally. Cal is a nice guy, he really is. But he sees what that is getting him... from the NCAA, anyway.

Listening to his last radio show on Monday, going on and on being friendly about ol' Roy... Roy who should be kicked out of college basketball for fake classes, by now... and you just know Roy is telling recruits that "Cal cheats and had that Rose kid who cheated on that one test and got his FF and season of wins vacated."

I sure hope Cal has had enough.

I actually think he is taking the right tact. I am not sure it is his place to govern the behavior of adults outside the game environment. This is different from his imploring respect during the UL game, imo because of the forum. This is not taking place at a game, or on campus.
I think his silence is the right approach.

This guy, of course, disagrees.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...ce-alleged-threats-made-ref-article-1.3012619

Cal loves this. Don't think for one second Cal wouldnt say something, he would. Higgins is a CRIMINAL. Some of you don't seem to get that. Cal watched that mf'r steal an entire season from his boys who worked their asses off. He's watched him steal seasons right out from under UK. Higgins is a bum POS. Let him suffer. And that's what Cal is doing.

Aside from that, with all due respect, I don't personally give a damn if Cal does call the dogs off. These Pit Bulls called UK fans are deathly loyal and that means the program, not just Cal.

If Barnhart won't fight back, the fans are left to their devices, literally. It's his fault for being such a sell out POS hatchet man for the establishment. He's worse than a banker.

If some of you can't deal with that, you're more than allowed to create a "good UK" fan Facebook page and spend the next year bumping up his businesses rating. But get out of the way or get that ass ran over.

Agree totally. The fans are creating a manufactured accountability for a corrupt employee that wouldn't have to be if the NCAA would simply do it themselves, but they choose not to.

The same would happen in any other avenue of life when obvious injustices occur.

The whole old school approach of officials being above reproach went out the door after Donaghy. They should be examined with a fine tooth comb like all the rest of us are at our jobs each and every day.

Any fan that has threatened Higgins with physical violence or over the top moronic behavior has gone to far. I myself went to his website and left an email message to him in The "Contact Us" area and in a very professional manner careful to use tact and being to the point. I also sent emails to the National Director of Collegiate Basketball by the name of J.D. Collins and sent it to the NCAA office in Indianapolis marked to his attention.
I for one have no problem with the comical emails demeaning him and his business. When he chose to act in a corrupt and unfair manner, as to not give our players the opportunity to compete fairly, he crossed the line. When you screw with The BBN you deserve to suffer the consequences.

Still pathetic.

Kansas fans on the national board said the same thing.

I think many fans of different schools agree with the belief that the officiating was bad. You were hosed. However, I am not sure they, nor I, would agree with the on-line lynching tactics of using Yelp, Facebook and posting the ref's unlisted home phone number. That is over the line.

I'm more surprised MB hasn't said something or "asked" Cal to say something.
This is more telling than Cal not saying anything IMO. You typically wouldn't hear MB say anything but at the least you would get a nice little blurb on it. I believe the entire staff and admin are taking a stance that they won't let this disrupt the actual problem, so they aren't saying anything. Don't make a martyr out of a crook just because he got punished.

What a smug and immature assessment...People that disagree with bombing his roofing business are somehow supporters of Higgins. The fact that you have to build a strawman to defend yourself speaks volumes.

"or get that ass ran over"

What are you suggesting? You going to dox & destroy everyone that disagrees with you?

The posts get sillier and sillier.

Cal's had enough, finally. Cal is a nice guy, he really is. But he sees what that is getting him... from the NCAA, anyway.

Listening to his last radio show on Monday, going on and on being friendly about ol' Roy... Roy who should be kicked out of college basketball for fake classes, by now... and you just know Roy is telling recruits that "Cal cheats and had that Rose kid who cheated on that one test and got his FF and season of wins vacated."

I sure hope Cal has had enough.

UNC should be on probation, but instead will probably be going to back to back title games with 1 championship. UK would have been given the death penalty, Cal would have been banned for life from coaching D1 basketball, and we wouldn't have seen post season play for years. And the national media wonders why some of our fans have finally lost the their last nut over this officiating. We are sick of the double standard with the NCAA, and we are sick of dealing with these idiots they imploy that continue to try and screw us.

And for these national writers that want to come here to this board for material to make a story. Why the hell do you all not talk about that?

Silence is consent.

Your Fallacy is: Argument From Silence
An argument from silence is an informal fallacy that occurs when someone interprets someone's or something's silence as anything other than silence, typically claiming that the silence was in fact communicating agreement or disagreement. The fallacy is an argument from ignorance and an informal fallacy.

Cal has never denied that aliens in a giant mother ship behind the moon control the NCAA...therefore it must be true.

Your Fallacy is: Argument From Silence
An argument from silence is an informal fallacy that occurs when someone interprets someone's or something's silence as anything other than silence, typically claiming that the silence was in fact communicating agreement or disagreement. The fallacy is an argument from ignorance and an informal fallacy.

Cal has never denied that aliens in a giant mother ship behind the moon control the NCAA...therefore it must be true.
This far along in the matter, I'll have to respectfully disagree with this sentiment.

This far along in the matter, I'll have to respectfully disagree with this sentiment.

So, you believe Cal follows the dozens if not hundreds of UK fan sites and social media groups, monitors the thousands of threads and decides which topics to secretly convey approval of by saying nothing.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a character in a Twilight Zone episode...a person that understands logic in a universe where logic doesn't exist.

So, you believe Cal follows the dozens if not hundreds of UK fan sites and social media groups, monitors the thousands of threads and decides which topics to secretly convey approval of by saying nothing.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a character in a Twilight Zone episode...a person that understands logic in a universe where logic doesn't exist.
Personally, I don't put all that much thought into it. I'm sure if they wanted to say something they would. Who knows. They might still. They probably don't care one way or the other truthfully.

Maybe you're just not very smart. This is a big deal. It has been picked up by ESPN, Sporting News, Deadspin, etc. Matt Jones from KSR has talked about it for 3 days. You think Cal needs to follow hundreds of sites and message boards to know what's going on?

Maybe you're just not very smart. This is a big deal. It has been picked up by ESPN, Sporting News, Deadspin, etc. Matt Jones from KSR has talked about it for 3 days. You think Cal needs to follow hundreds of sites and message boards to know what's going on?

You think a coach of a top BB program communicates with fans by saying nothing...and I'm the one that's not very smart?

99.999% of all topics, which BTW include topics such as OAD sucks, Fire Cal, etc, which BTW also number in the tens of thousands....Cal says nothing. Are we to assume Cal wants Cal fired, Cal wants Cal to recruit 3* projects and said as much by saying nothing.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
You think a coach of a top BB program communicates with fans by saying nothing...and I'm the one that's not very smart?

99.999% of all topics, which BTW include topics such as OAD sucks, Fire Cal, etc, which BTW also number in the tens of thousands....Cal says nothing. Are we to assume Cal wants Cal fired, Cal wants Cal to recruit 3* projects and said as much by saying nothing.
Yes, hence the expression, silence speaks volumes.

The rest of your post is complete trash. Try harder, or just read more, post less.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
There's no way Calipari isn't aware of this situation at this point

I'm sure he's aware of it....the premise is that his silence on the personal FB attacks is approval.

In a few days...maybe weeks, some reporter will ask him. I'm sure when he disapproves, some will claim it's fake disapproval just for the media.

In other words....the approval is a creation of the mind to justify it to ones self.

cal's probably talking to recruits like "see how much the our fan bases will love you, they will call out a sleazy ref on his roofing business facebook page"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT