ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's deafening silence on Higginsgate

jarms24

All-American
Mar 31, 2010
In the past, Coach Cal has taken to twitter to calm folks down or to politely ask BBN to show respect. I remember him basically asking fans not to bring signs to the UL game and not to yell stuff at Pitino.

With that said, nary a peep on twitter. Wonder what he's thinking or how he's feeling about the treatment Higgins has gotten from BBN? I'm guessing his silence is an affirmation of sorts.

To be honest he is more than likely trying to distance himself and the program from the morons that took it too far. Did we get screwed in the first half, yes. Should it have gone to this extreme, no.
I disagree. I believe if he felt that way, he'd tweet out something to calm the fans down. If for nothing else, PR. He could at least say, "I tried". I think he's enjoying it as much as most of us are.

Cal might not agree with some of the methods being used to voice our displeasure with Higgins. But I would guess that he probably overall agrees with the fans in regards to the bad calls and our history with Higgins. So yeah, I think you are probably right. I don't think Cal has any problem with the fans having his (and the players) back when the criticisms being leveled at Higgins are legit.

I was just about to post something about this....I find it odd to that he hasnt asked UK fans to stop.

Reactions: Bardstown
I disagree. I believe if he felt that way, he'd tweet out something to calm the fans down. If for nothing else, PR. He could at least say, "I tried". I think he's enjoying it as much as most of us are.
I thought it was hysterical at first, but with everything there is a line to be drawn and not crossed. I do hope in some way this limits his ability to be placed in big games with us due to conflict of interest but some of the UK fans have gone too far and made the entire fan base look bad.

I was just about to post something about this....I find it odd to that he hasnt asked UK fans to stop.
Right!!! I mean, this has become a huge deal. It's all over the place. It's not like he hasn't heard about it. I truly believe if he disagreed with the actions, he'd discourage it. But nope. Nothing.

And honestly, I love that swaggy bastard for it!

I thought it was hysterical at first, but with everything there is a line to be drawn and not crossed. I do hope in some way this limits his ability to be placed in big games with us due to conflict of interest but some of the UK fans have gone too far and made the entire fan base look bad.
I agree, to an extent. I'm cool with hounding him, but threatening bodily harm or even death is crossing the line. I'd never do that to anyone.

And me personally, I haven't submitted a single review on his business or called him or anything. I'm living vicariously through the crazy sumbitches who have the brass to do that stuff.

Perhaps he doesn't think it's his responsibility to tell other grown adults to not harass others on Facebook because we didn't get our way.
But that's just it. He felt it was his responsibility to ask BBN to treat Rick and UL with respect when they visited Rupp. He's done that on more than one occasion. Strangely, not this time.

It's been like 12 hours.. I'd rather him be on the phone with Knox or visiting Bamba than trying to talk to the 4 Kentucky fans who made empty threats to an official.

As far as doing something bad, save from half a dozen fans, this is such a non-factor. Some of you just don't get it.

Any fan that has threatened Higgins with physical violence or over the top moronic behavior has gone to far. I myself went to his website and left an email message to him in The "Contact Us" area and in a very professional manner careful to use tact and being to the point. I also sent emails to the National Director of Collegiate Basketball by the name of J.D. Collins and sent it to the NCAA office in Indianapolis marked to his attention.
I for one have no problem with the comical emails demeaning him and his business. When he chose to act in a corrupt and unfair manner, as to not give our players the opportunity to compete fairly, he crossed the line. When you screw with The BBN you deserve to suffer the consequences.

It's been like 12 hours.. I'd rather him be on the phone with Knox or visiting Bamba than trying to talk to the 4 Kentucky fans who made empty threats to an official.

As far as doing something bad, save from half a dozen fans, this is such a non-factor. Some of you just don't get it.
He has contacted 2 players we have never even heard of before today,probably working the McDonalds game as well.Higgins isn't on his list of things to do

How do you think it would look if Cal goes on Twitter and says "hey BBN, I know you're upset about the loss but stop harassing John Higgins on Facebook. It's time to move on." That's a terrible look for UK and Cal.

How do you think it would look if Cal goes on Twitter and says "hey BBN, I know you're upset about the loss but stop harassing John Higgins on Facebook. It's time to move on." That's a terrible look for UK and Cal.
Well, I'm sure he would be a little more cryptic than that.

He'd probably say something like, "BBN we are the gold standard. Be classy". That gets the point across without specifically naming any certain individuals.

also, what about the players silence?
I can understand their silence. Even Fox said after the game that he wasn't going to criticize the refs. He said he felt like he beat White to the spot on that blocking foul, and that his other foul, he felt like he got all ball. Plus, if they were to speak out, it would probably be frowned on by NBA scouts.

He would say. Know you are upset BBN, please don't let the guy spoil your happiness, don't let the fact he has cost us maybe 3 NC's, BBN please don't let it get to you. Let me handle it, the guy doesn't have a beef with you but with me. Stand tall and let it go.

Well, I'm sure he would be a little more cryptic than that.

He'd probably say something like, "BBN we are the gold standard. Be classy". That gets the point across without specifically naming any certain individuals.
I like this look too .

"Hey BBN, lets not harass the inept. Just because the guy had our entire starting lineup on the bench by the middle of the first half doesn't mean we have to anger him as he has us. Lets be bigger than this, regardless of how big of a dork this clown is. Even if he is exposed as having an agenda, we can't get those costly calls back against UConn, Wisconsin or UNC. It's only a game. :pimp:

Off to the McDonald's game! - Cal"

Or the school hasn't decided on the wording of the statement yet. If it gets major coverage and/or the NCAA starts issuing correspondence, believe me, they'll say something.

Here's Cal's response on all of this, it should help to soothe the easily triggered emotions of the national sports commentators, rival fans, and all of the self-loathing UK fans:

giphy.gif

If Cal says anything the haters like Forde and Thamel will label him a whiner, sore loser, and a complainer. How he's using the fans to do his dirty work for him. They'll say he's not a good enough coach to get his players to execute better.

The players, Coaches, the Athletic Department, the University, recruits, future recruits..all of them know that we got their backs. Well, most of us. Some posters/"fans" have done and said everything but have their backs the last couple of days.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
ADVERTISEMENT