ADVERTISEMENT

Calls tech

I watched the game again today (I always tape them) and he was mad at the ref because one of UNC players stepped out of bounds right in front of the ref and he did not call it. All UK coaches jumped up and pointed it out but Cal got on the floor. You could see Cal saying " Just call the game".

A few minutes before the technical, UNC was called for a foul which Hubert didn't like. The camera was on him as he looked at the ref and said "9 to 4" which was the foul disparity in UK's favor at that time. Over the remaining few minutes of the half fouls evened out including the cheap technical on Cal.

Last edited:
A few minutes before that UNC was called for a foul which Hubert didn't like. The camera was on him as he looked at the ref and said "9 to 4" which was the foul disparity in UK's favor at that time. Over the remaining few minutes of the half fouls evened out including the cheap technical on Cal.
I hate the notion that a well-officiated game means that fouls and free throws should be close to even. Some teams just foul more than others. Just make the calls consistently is all I want to see.

OIP.TXPEtahChjA9PJaE7f6BHwHaEK

Yes, that's true about the officials basically admitting they hate Cal. It's also true that UK has been getting dicked over on calls for a long time. Hell, UK lost because of one of the biggest travesties of injustice the game has ever seen. Christian Laettner stomped on guy's chest/midsection and should have been tossed out of the game. His shot would have never happened.

Cal has brought a lot of lack of calls on himself. He consistently yells at the players and officials. We don’t get a favorable whistle at Rupp.
That just doesn't wash. Coach K was beyond abusive with the ref's with non stop F bombs and they still kissed his ass.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Bad timing because UNC shot an airball basically as Cal was getting the tech, but you have to argue that missed call if you're a coach. He probably shouldn't have ran all the way down to the baseline though.
I'm not sure when this rule changed, because it did used to be 2 shots and the ball. I believe we got to retain the ball after their technical free throws though so the timing did not matter really, unless you were saying it stopped a fast break.

I'm not sure when this rule changed, because it did used to be 2 shots and the ball. I believe we got to retain the ball after their technical free throws though so the timing did not matter really, unless you were saying it stopped a fast break.
No free throws but it did take the ball out of our hands with a 10 point lead, the ball ( fast break or not) and momentum. They hit both free throws to cut lead to 8. We led 37-27 at the time the T was call with just over 4:00 to go in half. It was 40-38 at half so the T did us no favors at all. Luckily we won so it’s a non issue but still a mistake cal can’t make in the future. Demands better from players so he should demand better from himself.

No free throws but it did take the ball out of our hands with a 10 point lead, the ball ( fast break or not) and momentum. They hit both free throws to cut lead to 8. We led 37-27 at the time the T was call with just over 4:00 to go in half. It was 40-38 at half so the T did us no favors at all. Luckily we won so it’s a non issue but still a mistake cal can’t make in the future. Demands better from players so he should demand better from himself.
Foul on UNC, Foul on UK, miss shot by UNC, miss shot by UK, miss shot by UNC, play stopped during fast break with 3 minutes left for UNC injury with UK up 39-30. That was the segment immediately after the technical. You cannot attribute that technical to the change in momentum that caused that point swing to halftime, to do so would seem to be an agenda other than analysis of what happened.

Foul on UNC, Foul on UK, miss shot by UNC, miss shot by UK, miss shot by UNC, play stopped during fast break with 3 minutes left for UNC injury with UK up 39-30. That was the segment immediately after the technical. You cannot attribute that technical to the change in momentum that caused that point swing to halftime, to do so would seem to be an agenda other than analysis of what happened.
You dont understand momentum apparently? What we don’t know is what would have happened had play not been stopped because of the T? We were coming off back to back possession's with made 3’s by Wagner and Reed which Reeds made 3 pushed the lead to 10 and got the crowd to its feet, then the airball took place and we were looking to run on the rebound. Then all momentum stopped with the T. Nothing really good happened after that. We didn’t even make another basket the remainder of the half. I never said momentum swung the other direction but it did in fact stop ours.

Bad timing because UNC shot an airball basically as Cal was getting the tech, but you have to argue that missed call if you're a coach. He probably shouldn't have ran all the way down to the baseline though.

He was out on the court. Easy call.

Reactions: ktbug
A few minutes before the technical, UNC was called for a foul which Hubert didn't like. The camera was on him as he looked at the ref and said "9 to 4" which was the foul disparity in UK's favor at that time. Over the remaining few minutes of the half fouls evened out including the cheap technical on Cal.
I mentioned the same thing in some other threads. I thought UNC got a pretty good whistle from that point on. That's how it goes though.

Reactions: grevey35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT