ADVERTISEMENT

Calling it now

Looking at the schedule, I am calling 9 wins.....a decent bowl and a victory ending up with a 10 win season
It's there for the taking

3 cupcake non-conference....3
Louisville is butt....4
Vanderbilt and Arkansas aren't great...6

So now?
We've beaten USCjr. 5 straight
We've beaten Mizzou 4 straight and we are at home
We've beaten MSU 2 of 3
Tennessee isn't great and it's at home
Florida we beat last year and it's at home

Can we go 3-3 in those games? Sure seems that way based on the past 3-5 years. Never easy in the SEC...but I trust our guys.

I agree. We lost a lot of talent but we trade Arkansas for aTm. That should be a plus one versus results last year.

The UT game should be a plus 2 versus results last year.

That makes a 9 win prediction reasonable.

This year will prove that Coach Stoops and his staff have built a program that has staying power. I look for a good year. GO CATS!!

I agree. 10 wins is there for the taking. Down side might be that if we do, Stoops will probably be sought after for vacancies. I’d like to think he wants to stay with what he’s built. But money and program prestige means more sometimes.

I've been predicting 8-4, and I ponied up on the over 6.5 wins for us to put my money where my mouth is.

I think we are being severely underrated. I also believe our fans forgot how close a few of our wins were last year.

The thing for me is I dont see a single game on our schedule besides Georgia where I dont think its being realistic to expect a win. And if this team gels, and uses last year's UGA game as motivation, whos to say how that game will go?

A lot changes throughout the season. Every week the dynamic and perception of teams change. I still think we are a heavy run team. Perhaps a bit more open and dynamic than last year, but not as much as some folks seem to expect. I think AJ and Smoke are gonna be a filthy tag team. Just like Benny and Boom were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT