ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari's Era is FINISHED: A sad end to a great era

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
I'm not mad at Cal anymore, but the man is done. You all noticed....I was quiet this season....

I believe that past success like Cal had does buy you some good will...but now it's to the point where it's not going to get better. THis isn't the same guy that arrived 15 years ago. His teams aren't hungry anymore....his teams aren't innovative anymore. We don't WIN anything. We don't even dominate draft day like we did...

Calipari is a HOF coach. I really appreciate what he did and provided me the best memories. But apart of us all died in 2015....we had a pulse that UNC kicked us to the curb in 2017.

He's older. He's well paid. He's cranky. He's not getting better.

So tell me this??

-"Well COVID was a weird year, give us a real year"
-"They're FRESHMAN!"
-"Give CAL talented freshman and it's right back"

We had the best transfer duo maybe ever in Oscar and Grady....lost to St. Peters.
We returned a NPOY and plenty of talent to paid with 2 great freshman last year....2nd round loss
We had elite freshman and 2 5th year seniors who were great....1st round loss
No SEC Titles. 1 SEC tournament Win. 1 NCAA tournament win.

What makes you believe it will get better? I don't see elite recruiting the next few years....it's going to be worse next year. I just don't believe. Cal knows it too....will he want to be an average team next year with all this pressure? I think he knows it....

It's time to embrace something new. Give me a coach that will die for this school and kill someone to win a title or someone that just gets it done no matter the year.....Drew, Pearl, Oats, and heck call Billy Donovan.

I do not care what you believe, there's no hope this is going to get better. The game has changed....Cal has remained stagnant. We aren't winning a national title again with him as coach in my mind. I've moved to this camp slowly....I tried to give him 1 last year to get it right. Cal is done. I love the guy....he was just what we needed....but that was 15 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News