ADVERTISEMENT

David Pierce out @ UT-Austin

Apr 12, 2024
Initial candidate list being rumored by Hook 'Em posters includes Jay Johnson (LSU), Scott Forbes (UNC), Link Jarrett (FSU), and Jim Schlossnagle (A&M). Texas will pay and provide resources, but I cant imagine Jarrett or Schloss will move over unless they would simply prefer to live in Austin. I do not think they will come after Ming, but a Texas hire could set events in motion that force someone to come knocking (see Andy Enfield setting into action moves by Musselman, Cal, Pope, Young and the raises several others received to stay put). Mitch might want to wrap up that expected amended contact posthaste!

Tony V at ut is gonna get a new gig or at min a new contract.
Burnt Orange will knock, but Awful Orange will pay up. Of the top three major men’s sports he’s UT-knoxville’s only chance to compete year in and year out for NCAA titles. He’d do well at UT-Austin though.

D1 is reporting that TAMU’s Schlossnagle is headed to Austin. Let the fireworks begin early.
WOW! He did work for Del Conte at TCU, so it does make sense. Plus, Austin is a better place to live/work/play than Bryan-College Station. I’m sure the bag he got is a heavy one too.

Imagine A&M might at least consider handing over the reign to Max Weiner after what he did with their staff in one year and with his pro experience. Young, but a little bit of a Tony V. starter kit.

Aggies need to stay away from Ming (who on this short list: https://www.lonestarlive.com/aggies...ll-following-jim-schlossnagles-departure.html). If they knock, hopefully he’s offended by the male cheerleaders more than Stoops was.

Got say though, that A&M 12th Man crowd is awesome (except for the stupid bubbles).

WOW! He did work for Del Conte at TCU, so it does make sense. Plus, Austin is a better place to live/work/play than Bryan-College Station. I’m sure the bag he got is a heavy one too.

Imagine A&M might at least consider handing over the reign to Max Weiner after what he did with their staff in one year and with his pro experience. Young, but a little bit of a Tony V. starter kit.

Aggies need to stay away from Ming (who on this short list: https://www.lonestarlive.com/aggies...ll-following-jim-schlossnagles-departure.html). If they knock, hopefully he’s offended by the male cheerleaders more than Stoops was.

Got say though, that A&M 12th Man crowd is awesome (except for the stupid bubbles).
Joke at one time was: "A hurricane blew thru College Station and did $10M worth of improvements."

Crazy times. It's not as shocking when you look at the details (i.e. Austin is a better place to live, now working for his good friend and former boss from TCU, etc), but this took some balls on Schlossnagle's part (especially when you consider his dressing down of the reporter who asked him about it).

Reactions: TX-Wildcat

I may be wrong, but I would doubt CNM would want to go anywhere else. I hope Barnhart works on his contract to entice that(no lifetime).

From what I am hearing, this was a major slimeball move by both the coach and Texas. Now I can hate both UT's in the SEC.

I may be wrong, but I would doubt CNM would want to go anywhere else. I hope Barnhart works on his contract to entice that(no lifetime).

From what I am hearing, this was a major slimeball move by both the coach and Texas. Now I can hate both UT's in the SEC.
Only reason it was a slimeball move is what he said during the presser after the Natty loss to UT-knoxville. Of course, A&M fans had no problem poaching him from TCU after he spent 18 years in Fort Worth. Turnabout is fair play. He should have just kept his mouth shut when asked about the rival job in Austin.

I could care less though so long as Ming stays in LEX.

Reactions: K86
Only reason it was a slimeball move is what he said during the presser after the Natty loss to UT-knoxville. Of course, A&M fans had no problem poaching him from TCU after he spent 18 years in Fort Worth. Turnabout is fair play. He should have just kept his mouth shut when asked about the rival job in Austin.

I could care less though so long as Ming stays in LEX.
His players found out about him leaving through social media. It also is starting to sound like he was recruiting for UT the weekend of the CWS.

His players found out about him leaving through social media. It also is starting to sound like he was recruiting for UT the weekend of the CWS.
Well, that is slimy! I did see where All-American outfielder Jace LaViolette, SEC Freshman of the Year Gavin Grahovac, infielder Kaeden Kent, infielder Jack Bell, designated hitter Hayden Schott, outfielder Caden Sorrell, and catcher Max Kaufer have all entered the transfer portal.

Awfully "sus" as the kids say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT