ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari speaks

Cal is right it’s time for a new voice. This year was it for me and most people and we knew it was time. I have no ill towards Cal. He generally seems like a very, very nice person. There’s a reason why players and families love for their kids to play for him. I wish him the best, I just wished it would’ve ended a different way.

Cal is right it’s time for a new voice. This year was it for me and most people and we knew it was time. I have no ill towards Cal. He generally seems like a very, very nice person. There’s a reason why players and families love for their kids to play for him. I wish him the best, I just wished it would’ve ended a different way.
He is not a very, very nice person. I assure you of that. He's also unprofessional and dishonest. Pretty much the only players with any publicly nice things to say about him are the ones who financially benefited from playing for him.

He is not a very, very nice person. I assure you of that. He's also unprofessional and dishonest. Pretty much the only players with any publicly nice things to say about him are the ones who financially benefited from playing for him.
Well, I know several people that know him personally. They all rave about his character and the type of person he is. What you see in front of you is not always the truth.

Wow... He really looked downtrodden and sad at the start. I really really wish he would have just adapted and changed his approach.. But I really belive he still thinks his style will produce the results. He just was not going to get that chance here. That speech took alittle of the hate I had towards him away... Dammit, I wanted to hate him as he left.

a46065c2a64c099c0dfd84943cbfa17d.gif

AND NOW

200w.gif

Last edited:
Love you Cal. Sucks you couldn’t lay down on the stubbornness as we’d have at least one or two more titles, but you brought way more positives to this program than I could have imagined. Thanks for walking away from the buyout too.

Retirement is the best option if he doesn't want the NBA. Don't tarnish your legacy by going to freaking Arkansas. Use your damn head

Reactions: Blueaz
Wow... He really looked downtrodden and sad at the start. I really really wish he would have just adapted and changed his approach.. But I really belive he still thinks his style will produce the results. He just was not going to get that chance here. That speech took alittle of the hate I had towards him away... Dammit, I wanted to hate him as he left.
He did us a solid by winning in 2012, and leaving now. He and we will be happier in this next phase. I wish him all the best.

Seems like Cal got choked up a few times in that video. Weird to hear him say his goodbyes. But it’s time for both parties to move on.

He looks defeated, truly. It’s sad to see and I do sympathize to a certain extent. But if he had listened to the “Bennie’s” long ago this could’ve played out a lot differently. Roster management is a prime example.

His pride ultimately led to his demise here, because he always thought he was doing things right and anyone who disagreed was wrong. But the lack of tournament success proved that his formula for success was broken and he’s the ONLY one who didn’t understand that until now.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT