ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari post game comments on Jarred Vanderbilt

I think you are one of about 3 posters that can actually understand coach speak.

The thing that is most comical about these situations are the reporters and fans that think they actually deserve an explanation.

Ok. Not being combative but you act like a lot of fans , who are naturally curious and questioning wtf is going on , are being selfish or incredibly rude to/ about Vanderbilt. Obviously no, the fans don’t “deserve” much... but we support our team and a mighty support we give (truck loads of $$$$)
So I mean... why is it so hard to give ... or at least throw out an even somewhat clear answer ? Fans can’t question why a player who is medically cleared to play hasn’t even stepped on the court of a game ? If we question then we are “selfish?” We can’t question why cal said he FORGOT HIS NAME? Can’t question why it seems like Cal doesn’t even have a speaking relationship with Vanderbilt ? When reports from Mike Pratt (whom I 100% trust ) make it seem as if Vanderbilt has people in his ear/ is only concerned about the NBA draft?
Just because some fans are intrigued/ question what exactly is going on doesn’t mean we’re selfish or don’t want the best for Vanderbilt or any other kid at UK who has the potential to play in the NBA

I absolutely support any guy that we get , who actually plays for us, to go to the nba if they are projected 1st round. Go make that money! We’re talking millions !
But don’t act like people (who may be slightly confused as to what exactly Vanderbilt’s prerogative is while coasting on a UK basketball scholarship) are selfish or ridiculous

This is troubling, but if he never plays a minute and bolts it's just like losing something you never had in the first place. I won't wish him ill, but won't think of him as a Cat.
Couldn’t we have gotten a player that would have contributed had we never had him or was that scholarship specifically for Vanderbilt? I had no idea it worked like that.

Ok. Not being combative but you act like a lot of fans , who are naturally curious and questioning wtf is going on , are being selfish or incredibly rude to/ about Vanderbilt. Obviously no, the fans don’t “deserve” much... but we support our team and a mighty support we give (truck loads of $$$$)
So I mean... why is it so hard to give ... or at least throw out an even somewhat clear answer ? Fans can’t question why a player who is medically cleared to play hasn’t even stepped on the court of a game ? If we question then we are “selfish?” We can’t question why cal said he FORGOT HIS NAME? Can’t question why it seems like Cal doesn’t even have a speaking relationship with Vanderbilt ? When reports from Mike Pratt (whom I 100% trust ) make it seem as if Vanderbilt has people in his ear/ is only concerned about the NBA draft?
Just because some fans are intrigued/ question what exactly is going on doesn’t mean we’re selfish or don’t want the best for Vanderbilt or any other kid at UK who has the potential to play in the NBA

I absolutely support any guy that we get , who actually plays for us, to go to the nba if they are projected 1st round. Go make that money! We’re talking millions !
But don’t act like people (who may be slightly confused as to what exactly Vanderbilt’s prerogative is while coasting on a UK basketball scholarship) are selfish or ridiculous

Frank, I learned a few decades ago that almost nobody really understands what's going on inside the team. When it comes right down to it, the money we pay earns us the right to sit in the seat and cheer. More you pay, the lower the seat. KY is no different than most major universities in maintaining silence about the team, players, etc. They have to be that way. You let boosters, fans, etc too close and the NCAA will be crawling up your ass. As we know, our ass is pretty popular with the NCAA so KY has to run a tighter ship than most.

I'm not saying wanting to know more is selfish or ridiculous. I am saying we have no right to information. We aren't getting information other than exactly what they want us to know. Its a bit foolish to expect more than that. Vanderbilt will do exactly what he and Cal agree to. We'll know the outcome when we know it. I've been watching this stuff play out for so long it does become a bit comical to me to watch folks clamor, whine, beg and plead for info about whatever the mystery du jour happens to be. All that angst comes to nothing because the info and action will happen as they see fit. I've learned to get over it.

No he isn't . It seems like he is going to play next Saturday . So anyone who gets annoyed when he doesn't play on tuesday just get it out of your system. I will say you don't want a players first game to be super preassure packed on the road so I get why he didn't play . Luckily we have decent refs today so only having 2 guards didn't kill us. I expect in month this will all see silly as it was obvious he was much closer to playing today then he has been and a week ago he was much closer then before that so the situation is progressing.
'
So there’s less pressure playing at home when Gameday comes against Florida who is battling you for the SEC than on the road against a 6-10 Vandy team? Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
While I wholeheartedly admit that I am not "in the loop" as compared to some posters, I find it odd that none of this teammates ever speak regarding Vanderbilt, his injury, or his return. When Calipari stated that he forgot Vanderbilt's name, especially given the fact that he is not playing, it makes me wonder what his teammates take away from the situation. Furthermore, what's it matter if he plays in a game if he is already practicing full-speed and with contact against UK's frontline? How are those two things any different physically? If, and that's a big if, Vanderbilt simply does not want to play despite being prepared physically, then wouldn't he be better served not to travel and instead focus on his academics?

Reactions: EliteBlue
To me it's getting stranger and stranger where this program is headed under Cal.

Maybe Cal knows what's going on with Vanderbilt and has just given up. Seems a meeting with Vanderbilt would get this cleared up immediately.

Reactions: Fox2monk
To me it's getting stranger and stranger where this program is headed under Cal.

Maybe Cal knows what's going on with Vanderbilt and has just given up. Seems a meeting with Vanderbilt would get this cleared up immediately.
Well this has been the top program the past 8 years, so that's a good direction..... :)

But I think I get what you're saying since Diallo and now Vanderbilt are the only two players I've ever heard of being (supposedly) healthy and yet not being anxious to get on the court.

To me, Cal's focus on what's best for the player is being taken advantage of a little bit, and it sounds like he's frustrated by that. Can't blame him one bit.

I really want him too, he could take us to another level. These remarks don't seem like Cal comments. It was almost the exact opposite of how he usually is. He is very protective of his guys and this seemed like hey I won't protect you because of the way this is playing out.
I didn't hear anything other than what I've heard from other coaches in basketball or in other sports. Taken out of context, it's always more critical than it might normally be.

Over the course of years in the business, you can certainly look at a roster like it's almost 2 teams. One that practices regularly and one that gets rehab in the training rooms. When you get a certain age, names sometimes get confusing also so I can relate somewhat. Vandy would not be the first player with family members in his ear as well. Cal can manage all of it and succeed because he's seen it all before and knows where the focus belongs. Fans don't have that experience or commitment.

Reactions: da CATS rocks
Have not read the thread. I'm sure it's lovely. I'll backtrack later.

I read the article, Cal is telling the fans it's on Vanderbilt at this point. Vanderbilt has not requested to play. Cal is done worrying about it. That's the story here, and it's easy to see. He also seems frustrated because the things he said are vintage calipari. If you can't read his speak then that's on you.

I was worried during the Diallo situation that it could prompt more kids to decide to stay on the bench for varying reasons. College basketball recruits and families are playing the system, some of them legitimately don't care about Kentucky basketball. Is Vanderbilt One? I don't know. He's had an injury so I'll chill on it, but Cals comments are clear.

I don't care what someone stands to earn, or individual motives, if it spills into our program and on the court, they don't need to come to UK. If you don't plan on playing for UK when able, don't come to UK. Stay out and train for the draft, enter the G league, play in Europe. This is a message that needs to be crystal clear.

Well as I said in another thread, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEAR THE FIRST TIME AND LEFT NO DOUBT! Instead hes gone back and forth saying hes doing good then he doesn' know...he' doing good then he doesn't know....he' doing good then he doesn' know....he' doing good then he doesn' know, hes doing good then he doesn' know...
I trust the process so it really doesn't matter afaic.

That's what Cal was doing. Telling the fans that he isn't responsible for the decision to play and He's obviously ready. Cal doesn't handle the players like most coaches. It's business.

And if cal forces Vando to play and he gets injured...... welcome to all kinds of hell recruiting players.... we’d start having trouble signing 10-25 ranked players along with top 5 guys

10-25 guys is what we got this year

Cal is saying to show him that he wants to be in this team. To cone up to Cal and say he is ready to play. That he wants to be a teammate. Maybe it's a liability thing. That is what I got from his facial expressions.

Vanderbilt has been able to start practicing and playing since late November and has chosen not to.

Cal has let him take his time and decide on his own when he was ready and that's still the case, although Cal is getting fed up with the whole thing.

Cal said he preferred JV start out playing at home. Jarred is adhering to what his coach wants. Jan 20 you will see him play for us

Honestly, I didn't like the Diallo deal last year either.

Once you get in that locker room, those guys are your teammates, your brothers.

To sit there on the bench while your brothers are fighting like hell, and not want to go in there and be a part of that? Sorry, that's bull sh!t.

It was reported by a couple of insiders that Calipari approached Diallo about playing, and he declined.

I'm thrilled that Diallo returned, as he is a huge part of this team.

I had hoped after that, there would be no more of that shat.

Guess I was wrong.

Diallo stated several times that he and the coaching staff both knew he wasn't going to play. That he came early to get his body into shape, he didn't play organized ball in the fall of last year. It has been discussed ad nauseum. As to Vanderbilt, coach speak for come and talk to me, show that you are ready to play. Don't participate in shoot around and expect to come into the game later. Tell me you are ready, sign all the necessary waivers so UK won't be held for damages if you reinjure yourself. Remember, Vanderbilt had an option for surgery he opted not to,
Someone said it's similar to the injury that Joel Embiid suffered from, and the one that ended Greg Oden career because he didn't address correctly. Now all of this is conjecture no evidence, it's I heard this ..

My main question at this point is, why all of the promotion from the school for the kid, like he's going to play the last 3 games?

Then when Cal is asked about it, he goes all "I have no idea, don't even remember the kids name".

On Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets, UK Basketball has been teasing the fans with video's of him practicing, going through warmups and even a picture today of his locker with his gear like he is playing.

It's that crap, more than anything that's causing Cal to be barraged with questions about him.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Ok, so I typically agree with MANY of your posts but I never understood this particular line of thinking. Why is it funny or “hypocritical “ for him to post his feelings/ opinion in the thread? We’re all (most of us ) UK fans and it’s a popular topic at the moment. What i took from his post is basically “it’s been such a cluster all season with Vanderbilt I’m exhausted and tired of hearing the conflicting reports “

It’s like... if someone were to make a thread about LaVar Ball. Most of us absolutely detest LaVar... but it’s a discussion and we will all most likely post/ comment our opinions on said thread ... ya know?
I was mainly just joking with that post, but in all honesty, if someone truly doesn't care about a particular subject, would tgat person take the time to open the thread and read it?
There are too many on here that claim that they don't care, yet they will post in every thread about the topic they said they didn't care about.

To my knowledge I do not believe the kid has ever had surgery on his foot. If he broke the same bone again then surgery would be indicated. So it is sure strange that he has been out since the late summer. Fractures of the foot just do not take that long to heal and if they do then surgery is almost always the cure! Logic tells me he has been well enough to play for a while.

Reactions: yoshukai
This is bizarre. Cal says he sometimes “fogets Vanderbilt’s name”?...”he didn’t see Vanderbilt all day?....So, the doctors have cleared him to play and he opts to sit on the bench? Vanderbilt thinks this will impress NBA scouts? I don’t understand this at all. This is making Vanderbilt look bad.

I also sense Cal’s frustrations.

I love Cal but hes gonna have to take his medicine on this one. He set the standard for allowing this with Diallo from last year. No reason Diallo couldn't play then. No reason Vanderbilt cant be playing now.

I love Cal but hes gonna have to take his medicine on this one. He set the standard for allowing this with Diallo from last year. No reason Diallo couldn't play then. No reason Vanderbilt cant be playing now.

I said last year, and was taken to task for it by several friends here, that the Diallo situation could easily start a trend and I didn't like it. Even in Cals era, we saw the OAD go from a fringe, one player at a time system, turned to a free fall of OAD players on multiple teams. Some as many as 3- 5 or more. Things change, and if otherbsee that UK will allow played to sit until a draft? I knew they would IF it proved beneficial. Didn't like the image it portrayed.

You can't just allow inmates to run the asylum. There has to be a line or people will abuse it for personal gain.

Some fans simply don't care. They want the game moved toward professionalism and only care about earning potential for "the abused players". This is helping their ultimate goal, to see it fall.

Others ride Cal too much and are totally blinded by these possibilities.

We don't fully know yet, and I'm waiting, but I just don't personally care for the sound of it all.

I said last year, and was taken to task for it by several friends here, that the Diallo situation could easily start a trend and I didn't like it. Even in Cals era, we saw the OAD go from a fringe, one player at a time system, turned to a free fall of OAD players on multiple teams. Some as many as 3- 5 or more. Things change, and if otherbsee that UK will allow played to sit until a draft? I knew they would IF it proved beneficial. Didn't like the image it portrayed.

You can't just allow inmates to run the asylum. There has to be a line or people will abuse it for personal gain.

Some fans simply don't care. They want the game moved toward professionalism and only care about earning potential for "the abused players". This is helping their ultimate goal, to see it fall.

Others ride Cal too much and are totally blinded by these possibilities.

We don't fully know yet, and I'm waiting, but I just don't personally care for the sound of it all.

Yeah I remember. I got torched over similar comments as well. I like Diallo, I root my ass for him and the team, but reality is if he wouldve gotten the info he wanted he would not have come back. Thats why he sat imo. Had nothing to do with not being "ready." Starting to think Vanderbilt is following suit. If he doesnt play Saturday at home, its likely imo.

Reactions: morgousky
Yeah I remember. I got torched over similar comments as well. I like Diallo, I root my ass for him and the team, but reality is if he wouldve gotten the info he wanted he would not have come back. Thats why he sat imo. Had nothing to do with not being "ready." Starting to think Vanderbilt is following suit. If he doesnt play Saturday at home, its likely imo.

The Diallo situation worked out, he might not have even been ready. And I love him as a player, huge upgrade from Briscoe. But the issue still remained as you said, he was gone depending on feedback.

Allowing players to sit without contributing is simply unacceptable. If it were a one time thing that happens, or here and there, and it helped recruiting, fine. But don't allow something like this to actually become an option.

If he doesn't play at home it's going to become a mob.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Frank, I learned a few decades ago that almost nobody really understands what's going on inside the team. When it comes right down to it, the money we pay earns us the right to sit in the seat and cheer. More you pay, the lower the seat. KY is no different than most major universities in maintaining silence about the team, players, etc. They have to be that way. You let boosters, fans, etc too close and the NCAA will be crawling up your ass. As we know, our ass is pretty popular with the NCAA so KY has to run a tighter ship than most.

I'm not saying wanting to know more is selfish or ridiculous. I am saying we have no right to information. We aren't getting information other than exactly what they want us to know. Its a bit foolish to expect more than that. Vanderbilt will do exactly what he and Cal agree to. We'll know the outcome when we know it. I've been watching this stuff play out for so long it does become a bit comical to me to watch folks clamor, whine, beg and plead for info about whatever the mystery du jour happens to be. All that angst comes to nothing because the info and action will happen as they see fit. I've learned to get over it.

Ok, let me ask you this? You say you’ve been well “watching this stuff play out” for 30 some odd years. What other situations have you seen that are similar to this ?
Of course there’s always some level of “secrecy “ around the (all) highly successful basketball programs but the way Cal has Spoke and how this thing has played out is NOT typical .

I was on board (but wavering) with just thinking Vanderbilt was still healing physically (but mostly mentally) to prepare to come back at full speed. Until tonight and Cal’s comments.

It’s about being observant . Anyone who hears what Cal said can comprehend that something is amiss...something is not as it’s seems. Cal awkwardly “rambled” and not in a weak way or a pedestrian way. But in a way that seemed almost frustrated and wanted to get his point across that he thinks Vanderbilt should be playing , but without saying it.
He forgot his name/ who he is?? There is obviously a level of frustration. I can’t say i blame Cal ether .

At the end of the day i fully support Cal, UK and our players. And by players i mean guys we give basketball athletic scholarships to play basketball. Acting as if those of us who want know what the hell is going on are selfish is asinine.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility to assume Vanderbilt is a top 15-20 high school ranked guy who thinks he’s sure fire one n done if he plays his cards right. That’s perfectly fine. Totally. But don’t get mad at UK fans who expect a player, who CAN play, who we spend $/ resources/ time recruiting etc... , to actually play.
It’s not “selfish” to want the best for the Kentucky program.

Last edited:
Ok, let me ask you this? You say you’ve been well “watching this stuff play out” for 30 some odd years. What other situations have you seen that are similar to this ?
Of course there’s always some level of “secrecy “ around the (all) highly successful basketball programs but the way Cal has Spoke and how this thing has played out is NOT typical .

I was on board (but wavering) with just thinking Vanderbilt was still healing physically (but mostly mentally) to prepare to come back at full speed. Until tonight and Cal’s comments.

It’s about being observant . Anyone who hears what Cal said can comprehend that something is amiss...something is not as it’s seems. Cal awkwardly “rambled” and not in a weak way or a pedestrian way. But in a way that seemed almost frustrated and wanted to get his point across that he thinks Vanderbilt should be playing , but without saying it.
He forgot his name/ who he is?? There is obviously a level of frustration. I can’t say i blame Cal ether .

At the end of the day i fully support Cal, UK and our players. And by players i mean guys we give basketball athletic scholarships to playe basketball. Acting as if those of us who want know what the hell is going on are selfish is asinine.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility to assume Vanderbilt is a top 15-20 high school ranked guy who thinks he’s sure fire one n done if he plays his cards right. That’s perfectly fine. Totally. But don’t get mad at UK fans who expect a player, who CAN play, who we spend $/ resources/ time recruiting etc... , to actually play.

You are wasting your time going down this road with some.

I’m sure this is against conventional wisdom but I’m not sure I’m a fan of how Cal is handling this. Keep your issues internal. You want the kid to hear you? Talk to him, not the media. You don’t want the kid to hear you? Don’t talk to the kid and don’t talk to the media. I know Cal is an attention hound - and justifiably so and it accrues to kentucky’s Advantage more often than not. But there are times I think it’s his only instinct and the only way he knows how to address things. I could be wrong. I often am.

I'd also remind everyone of what Cal said.

"We do right by them, they do right by us"

Choosing to sit out for self gain and never contributng is not doing right by us, if that is indeed happening. We shall see. Cal always put the programs needs in consideration, we have far too many that seem to forget that, regardless of what Vanderbilt is doing.

I’m sure this is against conventional wisdom but I’m not sure I’m a fan of how Cal is handling this. Keep your issues internal. You want the kid to hear you? Talk to him, not the media. You don’t want the kid to hear you? Don’t talk to the kid and don’t talk to the media. I know Cal is an attention hound - and justifiably so and it accrues to kentucky’s Advantage more often than not. But there are times I think it’s his only instinct and the only way he knows how to address things. I could be wrong. I often am.

Cal is an expert in these types of things. If he's talking through the media, he's talking directly to Vanderbilt in ways he wants to. He's driving a point home.

Here it is. Not reading this whole thread so if someone else has already said it, fine. This JV kid - great initials, btw - is completely fit to play a small number of minutes, as Cal has described, as necessary to coax back into playing routine, competitive basketball.

But JV ain't gonna. Instead, he's gonna avoid that service like a Vietnam era draft dodger, simply because he's okay with his predicted draft status, his belief that he can sustain that status in pre-draft work outs / mini-camps, and also because he is afraid if he actually does perform it will demonstrate a number of deficiencies / inadequacies that would only push his draft status down.

I think i May agree. We will have to wait and see, hope I’m wrong but nobody can fault someone who thinks this way (in a professional and non bashing manner) And no that doesn’t mean I hate Vanderbilt or want him to fail or do i think i own him nor do I think he “owes me something”
Now that , that’s out of the way...

For those who DO think those of us who seem troubled by all this, answer this question ?

Should we just be ok with setting a precedent that we will recruit guys who come to UK but reserve the right to NOT PLAY (for whatever reason ) if they think it’ll just their draft status ? Or hell, maybe we these guys can pick and choose which games they wanna play? Maybe only the “big time” games where the audience is big and lots of media will be there.
Obviously I’m exaggerating with the latter scenario but it does create a potential slippery slope.

I am a 100% supporter of Cal and our basketball program. I hope Cal stays 10 more years. There is no other coach I’d rather have. Our success the last 9 years has been fun and amazing. Debbie downers will wish they had enjoyed this ride when Cal leaves, BUT the Vanderbilt scenario just seems weird. I very well may be wrong ... but i dunno. If he plays Saturday then fantastic but I still wouldn’t be entirely convinced the NBA mock drafts wasn’t the root of all this uncertainty.

I don't believe Jared intended to sit out the entire year. However, I do believe his "entourage" is encouraging him to hold off on playing until they feel it is necessary.

If he doesn't play this year, it is highly unlikely that he will be drafted in the 1st round. A big NCAA Tournament could go a long way in improving his draft stock. Those around him have to know that.

Cal needs him NOW. If Jared doesn't start playing soon, IMHO, Cal will not allow him to come back. So there in lies the rub. From here on out, it's going to get even more interesting.

At the end of the day i fully support Cal, UK and our players. And by players i mean guys we give basketball athletic scholarships to play basketball. Acting as if those of us who want know what the hell is going on are selfish is asinine.

Mad? Certainly not me. I’m laughing at the reaction but I feel sorry for Vanderbilt. In many respects it’s the Diallo situation all over again. Let me give you a really simple analogy for the conundrum facing Vanderbilt. You got at least a million dollar check in one of two boxes, you think. You have two hints. One says pick the box on the right. The other says pick the box on the left. People you really care about depend on you opening the right box. Then you have rough 4 million people demanding you make a decision right now.

The funny part of that analogy is the 4 million people. They are screaming over something they cannot control, about a situation they have little to no understanding and at a kid that is probably going crazy about what to do. Now those screaming masses are funny in a rather pathetic sort of way.

Here are a couple of things I’d say we suspect strongly. Vanderbilt did not plan this and would have much rather have played basketball. Vanderbilt is trying to make a VERY complicated decision based on conflicting data. NASA struggles doing that with legions of scientists, I’m sure a kid is quite beside himself and alone, he thinks. Cal, who probably has the best advice, is upset having to watch a kid wrestle with this sort of thing two years in a row. The last thing, I don’t think Diallo gave two whoops in hell about the 4 million people. I hope Vanderbilt has the same opinion.

Now Frank, that may piss you off, but we simply are irrelevant to this bit of drama. Self righteous indignity accomplishes nothing for you, Vanderbilt, Cal, Kentucky or anyone else. After finally figuring this out years ago, I’ve learned the best course is laugh at the hand wringing outside the bubble and wait for the answer.

One thing I know FOR CERTAIN is that you can have no influence on that poor kid making huge decision. If you can’t help, I say leave him alone.

Reactions: da CATS rocks
Mad? Certainly not me. I’m laughing at the reaction but I feel sorry for Vanderbilt. In many respects it’s the Diallo situation all over again. Let me give you a really simple analogy for the conundrum facing Vanderbilt. You got at least a million dollar check in one of two boxes, you think. You have two hints. One says pick the box on the right. The other says pick the box on the left. People you really care about depend on you opening the right box. Then you have rough 4 million people demanding you make a decision right now.

The funny part of that analogy is the 4 million people. They are screaming over something they cannot control, about a situation they have little to no understanding and at a kid that is probably going crazy about what to do. Now those screaming masses are funny in a rather pathetic sort of way.

Here are a couple of things I’d say we suspect strongly. Vanderbilt did not plan this and would have much rather have played basketball. Vanderbilt is trying to make a VERY complicated decision based on conflicting data. NASA struggles doing that with legions of scientists, I’m sure a kid is quite beside himself and alone, he thonks. Cal, who probably has the best advice, is upset having to watch the kid wrestle with this sort of thing two years in a row. The last thing, I don’t think Diallo gave two whoops in hell about the 4 million. I hope Vanderbilt has the same opinion.

Now Frank, that may piss you off, but we simply are irrelevant to this bit of drama. Self righteous indignity accomplishes nothing for you, Vanderbilt, Cal, Kentucky or anyone else. After finally figuring this out years ago, I’ve learned the best course is laugh at the hand wringing outside the bubble and wait for the answer.

One thing I know FOR CERTAIN is that you can have no influence on that poor kid making huge decision. If you can’t help, I say leave him alone.

Leave him alone? What does that even mean? How are we ... not leaving him alone? Because we’re questioning things on a message board ? You all always make it so dramatic and personal. You act like those of us who question some things are ignorant stalkers who are bashing the ever living hell out of this kid. That’s simply not true. Nobody ever said we “have influence “ on a “poor kid making a huge decision “ You’re being very dramatic. This isn’t some espn 30 for 30 or cliche sports movie where a “kid is up against all odds to live his dream of playing in the NBA!”

Grow up

Leave him alone? What does that even mean? How are we ... not leaving him alone? Because we’re questioning things on a message board ? You all always make it so dramatic and personal. You act like those of us who question some things are ignorant stalkers who are bashing the ever living hell out of this kid. That’s simply not true. Nobody ever said we “have influence “ on a “poor kid making a huge decision “ You’re being very dramatic. This isn’t some espn 30 for 30 or cliche sports movie where a “kid is up against all odds to live his dream of playing in the NBA!”

Grow up

No, I’m saying the board, or some of it is acting like a crowd in a Jerry Springer show.

Told you it’d piss you off, but you asked.

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT