ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari post game comments on Jarred Vanderbilt

A whole lot of “Hmm” after this quote when asked what Jarred has to do to let Cal know he’s ready: “I hope he would give me more than I got today because I didn’t see him all day."

Seems pretty obvious to me. This along with Cal's previous comments and Mike Pratt's comments this week tell the tale for me.
Some people refuse to hear what's being said.
Sure didn't sound like " I have been talking to
Jarred and he will play our next home game. Because it's difficult to play your first game on the road".

Cal's bad at incorporating guys mid season, he's not lying
No he isn't . It seems like he is going to play next Saturday . So anyone who gets annoyed when he doesn't play on tuesday just get it out of your system. I will say you don't want a players first game to be super preassure packed on the road so I get why he didn't play . Luckily we have decent refs today so only having 2 guards didn't kill us. I expect in month this will all see silly as it was obvious he was much closer to playing today then he has been and a week ago he was much closer then before that so the situation is progressing.
'

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Seems pretty obvious to me. This along with Cal's previous comments and Mike Pratt's comments this week tell the tale for me.
Some people refuse to hear what's being said.
Sure didn't sound like " I have been talking to
Jarred and he will play our next home game. Because it's difficult to play your first game on the road".
You worded this post oddly. But the last sentence is correct. JV is waiting til UF it seems.

No he isn't . It seems like he is going to play next Saturday . So anyone who gets annoyed when he doesn't play on tuesday just get it out of your system. I will say you don't want a players first game to be super preassure packed on the road so I get why he didn't play . Luckily we have decent refs today so only having 2 guards didn't kill us. I expect in month this will all see silly as it was obvious he was much closer to playing today then he has been and a week ago he was much closer then before that so the situation is progressing.
'

How is a road game against 6-10 Vandy less pressure than a big rivalry game against UF at home?

People keep saying this, I don't understand.

It doesn’t make sense to me - he’s the coach and he should know. It seems to me that he’s settting up a future recruiting talking point - not going to risk his future NBA contract so if there’s any risk at all, he can sit out as long as he likes.

OK, I'm gonna get blasted, but I can't go through another year with a guy choosing not to play. If he's out of shape or not yet blended into the team chemistry yet, ok, I get it. But any player on the roster who doesn't go crazy when he's not playing is not ok. I'll trust that he's not ready to go and Cal is patient. We needed him today and I can only think Cal thinks he'd have done more harm than good if he'd played. Hopefully he'll get himself ready and play next time.

Talk about the pressure this kid is gonna have if/when he actually gets out there. I think People are expecting Jamal Mashburn.

No because I’m away games you are going against the team AND the crowd. You want to play where you have you’re team and crowd having you’re back. It’s not different than how kids play better at home than on the road. It’s really as simple as it sounds

Wouldn't there be less pressure on the road where no one knows who you are?

Reactions: da CATS rocks
The team isn’t distracted by this. Only some fans (and in reality they don’t matter). The team won’t play no worse with not knowain’t if Vanderbilt is going to play or not

This is becoming a distraction for a team that's young and inexperienced as it is. Even at 4-1 in the SEC, with the injuries and Vanderbilt situation, it feels like a very fragile 4-1.

It’s ok, Kentucky is still making Millions while he gets free meal and lodging. I’m orwtty sure Kentucky is still wayyyyy a head when it comes to who is getting more out of this college basketball thing

He might just be waiting on the NBA draft to roll around while he's getting pampered on UK's dime.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Wow, that was very disheartening. Sounds like the relationship between Cal and JV is very distant. After reading that, I don't expect JV to play. As I said in another thread, if he doesn't play and goes pro, it will be as if he was never here. Won't be a Cat in my book.
I agree. I will never associate him with Kentucky if he leaves and doesn't play.

Cal has stated numerous times that it's up to the PLAYER, when he SAYS he's ready. That didn't happen today.

Apparently, Cal does not understand WHY Jared CHOOSES not to play. However, Cal has also hinted around that there will be a point when it won't matter whether he is "ready" or not, we have to go with the rotation that Cal feels comfortable with.

So, if Jared keeps sending mixed messages to Cal, it may not be in his best interest or Cal's team's best interest, for him to play.JMHO

It’s ok, Kentucky is still making Millions while he gets free meal and lodging. I’m orwtty sure Kentucky is still wayyyyy a head when it comes to who is getting more out of this college basketball thing
I never said it was wrong, some may see it as selfish, if I were as injury prone as him I might do the same thing.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT