ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari Poll … Very Simple

Do you want Calipari as coach next year ??

• YES

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • NO

Votes: 271 90.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No absolutely no I don't care where the incoming recruits go too who cares calipari can't coach move on
Get Out Of Here GIF by filmeditor

I would rather he not be fired but I don’t think this can continue and I thought coming into this year it was a make or break season and feel the shortcomings of this season fall squarely on him. I don’t believe next year will be any better…more freshman, more of the same rhetoric and more letdown…it has to happen soon. Cal isn’t making that miraculous run. I kept the faith but can’t do it anymore. If he’s the coach next season, I’ll still pull for the team as that will NEVER change but I won’t have any expectations.

No one is saying "Yes" in their right mind. But I think there's more to it than just a simple yes or no. Do I want him as our coach next year? No. But do I want to do a buyout, and really struggle for a few years with a poor coaching interim hire, as opposed to giving Cal another year with the players we might have, and chip off more of his buyout for 2025? I'm not sure I want that either.

The best option, assuming no one hires him.. is to chip away at his buyout for one more year, and hope that we can return some guys like Reed and Adou, bring in a new class.. and I think this is another team that can get a 3-4 seed. Then fire him, and use the saved money from the buyout to actually hire a great coach.

No one is saying "Yes" in their right mind. But I think there's more to it than just a simple yes or no. Do I want him as our coach next year? No. But do I want to do a buyout, and really struggle for a few years with a poor coaching interim hire, as opposed to giving Cal another year with the players we might have, and chip off more of his buyout for 2025? I'm not sure I want that either.

The best option, assuming no one hires him.. is to chip away at his buyout for one more year, and hope that we can return some guys like Reed and Adou, bring in a new class.. and I think this is another team that can get a 3-4 seed. Then fire him, and use the saved money from the buyout to actually hire a great coach.
Ski, don't break. Hold the line! Don't give in. The right thing is to rip the bandaid off. Cal staying does nothing but perpetuate decline.

No, and I’m sick of the people saying, “but when he leaves the cupboard will be empty” as if we will cease to exist as a basketball program if John Calipari is not our head coach.

Tommy Lloyd was a 2 seed at a broken Arizona program in year one.
The right coach with the portal can make a contending team in 2 years now. You could even get lucky and do it the first year. Cal did it here. It can be done again. I’m sure some of their commits or current roster would come with them too.

Ski, don't break. Hold the line! Don't give in. The right thing is to rip the bandaid off. Cal staying does nothing but perpetuate decline.

We really need someone to hire him from us. I'm not sure we're going to do the buyout. Especially if we have some guys who would return. I don't love the idea.. but it might be all we have.

I really like my Final4 incentive idea.. but doubt it would ever happen.

Reactions: GoCats53
All models show the projected SEC revenue to reach somewhere around $1.1b for 2024-25, up $150m from the last cycle. Not including revenue from playoffs and bowl games, it looks like each schools payout will probably increase from $51m to somewhere around $61-65m. Someone mentioned a $29m surplus last night, if true then take part of that and get some donors onboard; the added revenue from this year will make up the loss. I’m obviously not an accountant and have no idea how this income is dispersed but I owned a contracting business where I understood you have to spend money to make money.

I woukd think with Cal’s situation someone should (probably already has) take a look at the potential revenue loss if we keep him rather than letting him go. Maybe we won’t lose money, I don’t know but if things don’t change I’d think we would lose money on ticket sales, concessions, etc. I’d assume if he was here over the remainder of his contract then buying him out now could save money over the long run. IDK, just thought I’d throw this out there.

You do know that the majority of the "Yes" will be opposing fans as this is a free forum and there are a LOT of them roaming around laughing at us right now.

This is about the equivalent of UL board posting "do you want Payne as our coach next year" and then a bunch of UK fans swarming and voting "YES" because they want to see the program stay sunken.

For the record, I voted NO here. I also think you can make the poll so it shows who voted yes or no, which would be very telling as I fully believe there really aren't as many nut huggers as people claim their are, at least not on this board.

93.1% want Cal gone.
Small sample size still. I know it will be high, but once the other fans that troll our board wake up and start tinkering on their phones in the church pews to see what's up with Cal today, they'll spike the "yes" column.

We really have to avoid thinking all the yesses are in fact Calipari supporters, for the reason I provided above.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I just want him gone, he has taken the program to depths I never thought possible. He truly bastardize the program for his own personal goals, we are no longer about winning. The longer he sticks around, the more we fall. He isn’t changing folks, get that shit out of your head.

The right coach with the portal can make a contending team in 2 years now. You could even get lucky and do it the first year. Cal did it here. It can be done again. I’m sure some of their commits or current roster would come with them too.
It would take a lot of luck.
Hard to imagine getting 3 out of the portal with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe impact.
Same with Pitino and Mashburn.
Both Pitino and Cal's quick turnarounds revolved around generational talents.
Portal classes are like recruiting classes and draft classes, some are strong some are weak.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It would take a lot of luck.
Hard to imagine getting 3 out of the portal with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe impact.
Same with Pitino and Mashburn.
Both Pitino and Cal's quick turnarounds revolved around generational talents.
Portal classes are like recruiting classes and draft classes, some are strong some are weak.
Pitino’s first year he had a rag tag team and at least it was fun to watch, even with the record. These last few years have been drudgery.

Pitino’s first year he had a rag tag team and at least it was fun to watch, even with the record. These last few years have been drudgery.
UK had a losing record the year before, didn't play an exciting style and was on probation.
Fans were just glad Pitino took the job.
It was also pre social media.
Can you imagine Rafters after the 150-95 ass kicking @Kansas.

Who the hell are the 3 current yes votes? Cal's kids maybe?
There are nine (9) yes votes and I am one of the nine. The logic is reduce his buyout and let Cal suffer through a "I hate you" season. After a year of boos and hatred from fans, I think he will leave on his own and avoid any buyout. His false pride will not allow him to stay the year after next. Cheapest way to run his sorry ass out of town without any cost to BBN.

God this is so freaking retarded. Yeah because everyone knows that Cal is the only coach who can have success at UK. If it’s not Cal then it’s going to be a Billy G-type. Give me a freaking break. You have Stockholm syndrome. There are 1000 high school coaches right now that can do better than Calipari.
Do these idiots think Cal is immortal?
I mean do they want him in a fetal position, bedridden, wearing a diaper coaching UK because they think no one else can do it?

It’s just stupidity!

There are nine (9) yes votes and I am one of the nine. The logic is reduce his buyout and let Cal suffer through a "I hate you" season. After a year of boos and hatred from fans, I think he will leave on his own and avoid any buyout. His false pride will not allow him to stay the year after next. Cheapest way to run his sorry ass out of town without any cost to BBN.
I have already suffered through 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024. Honestly, I suffered through a 34 point beat down by Duke. I suffered through K State with a far inferior team beating cal as he kept forcing a ball to someone who could not shoot free throws. So just because you just started suffering doesn't mean that a great deal of us haven't been suffering for a long time.

Cal hates Kentucky fans. He would embrace the hate.

There is no logic in that idea. The money is there now. The thought that he is here next year makes me want to vomit. That is a backward way of thinking. Yuck.

I would rather he not be fired but I don’t think this can continue and I thought coming into this year it was a make or break season and feel the shortcomings of this season fall squarely on him. I don’t believe next year will be any better…more freshman, more of the same rhetoric and more letdown…it has to happen soon. Cal isn’t making that miraculous run. I kept the faith but can’t do it anymore. If he’s the coach next season, I’ll still pull for the team as that will NEVER change but I won’t have any expectations.
It is obvious that CCC doesn't care about the university, fans, or the state, so why should we care about what happens to him. If he is too dishonest to admit that he has failed repeatedly for years and should step down, he deserves to be fired.

It is obvious that CCC doesn't care about the university, fans, or the state, so why should we care about what happens to him. If he is too dishonest to admit that he has failed repeatedly for years and should step down, he deserves to be fired.
I just would rather it not be a firing, but I agree that this relationship is broken beyond repair at this point. It’s more for long term.

Reactions: LmdCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT