ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari/Arkansas Press Conference

If you're going to steal a joke, at least cite your source.
not sure what you are talking about...It is entirely possible that 2 people came up with the same joke but I haven't seen it anywhere. If someone else said it, they obviously have a great sense of humor as well.

I wonder how long it's going to take for him to realize he doesn't want to do this anymore?
Yeah, that's a valid question, in my opinion. I would think it would be easy to get excited for the new job, building and arranging things as he wants them, getting recruiting done, and etc. But what happens when the first negative comment comes from somewhere? What happens when the team loses and the fans complain about some of Cal's ongoing issues? He's no spring chicken, as we all know, and he doesn't NEED a job. He's 65 and could walk away today. He could go into sports broadcasting for ESPN or CBS and would probably make a mint. Why continue with the hassle? My opinion, the only reason he's gone to Arkansas is for his own pride- to prove to himself and to his doubters and detractors that he can still do it, and to rub it in their faces. So if and when it becomes obvious that isn't gonna happen, he will retire. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I'll be surprised if he's at Arkansas for the 5 years of his contract.

Yeah, that's a valid question, in my opinion. I would think it would be easy to get excited for the new job, building and arranging things as he wants them, getting recruiting done, and etc. But what happens when the first negative comment comes from somewhere? What happens when the team loses and the fans complain about some of Cal's ongoing issues? He's no spring chicken, as we all know, and he doesn't NEED a job. He's 65 and could walk away today. He could go into sports broadcasting for ESPN or CBS and would probably make a mint. Why continue with the hassle? My opinion, the only reason he's gone to Arkansas is for his own pride- to prove to himself and to his doubters and detractors that he can still do it, and to rub it in their faces. So if and when it becomes obvious that isn't gonna happen, he will retire. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I'll be surprised if he's at Arkansas for the 5 years of his contract.
You may be right about all of that. It may also be the fact that he loves to coach, work with young men and teach basketball. Although this years team was the most enjoyable to watch in years, there were more negative , crude comments through out this season than ever before. Yes, he may just stay a year or two or, the move might energize him. He will not have to deal with the idiocy that comes with coaching UK. He might do a Kelvin Sampson and actually do his best work over the next few seasons. I am anxious to see who will be here next. I want them to have a homerun year. I want to see how they cope with the pressure and how they handle criticism, both justified and unjustified. Go Cats and best wishes Cal.

rFTsg9x.jpeg

The only way I see this working out is if he gets a killer staff; but so far I’ve seen Payne, Antiqua, and Brad mentioned for it. He has to have a full rebuild. Even if he takes all the recruits and guys from this past season, he’s going have to work the portal. I see his battery being drained come November.

Reactions: blubo
The only way I see this working out is if he gets a killer staff; but so far I’ve seen Payne, Antiqua, and Brad mentioned for it. He has to have a full rebuild. Even if he takes all the recruits and guys from this past season, he’s going have to work the portal. I see his battery being drained come November.
Keith Smart stayed at Arkansas and Cal is following him on Twitter. Ellen's instagram alluded to Antigua going with him. I am assuming Brad will be on staff. I am interested to see who else winds up there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT