ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari ''“I’m not letting [Zvonimir Ivisic] shoot any threes,"

Lol it's funny how our fans pump up Big Z and his abilities. He had one game that you are all pretending was a whole season. He was 3-12 on 3's outside the game against Georgia. They were all wide open aswell. The dudes "potential" isnt what some of you think either . He worked out for the NBA the past 2 off-seasons. He wasn't gonna be drafted. If his potential was that high someone would have taken a shot on him

Reactions: megablue
I’m so GD happy that I don’t have to hear his nonsense going into the season anymore. I have the best 3 point shooting team in the nation, but this year we won’t shoot a 3 guys. I will play 3 big men and we will shoot only 20 foot jumpers. It will work because nobody expects it.
It’s so stubborn. Like man people are wise to your schtick.

Sure. You’ve got to hit some tough 15-17 footers at times. That’s part of the game. But that’s not the shot you want to be looking for all the time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
To understand this stance by Cal, you first have to understand Cal. He’s only worried about improving Z’s draft stock and this is how he does that in his mind. It’s not about winning games now, same as when he was here. All about draft night.
Well. The NBA isn’t about big men jamming the post as much anymore so…..not sure how this helps Zs draft stock either.

Well. The NBA isn’t about big men jamming the post as much anymore so…..not sure how this helps Zs draft stock either.
Not one bit, it doesn’t show any of the skills that make him a unique big man. I think Z would have crushed under Pope. Bad decision on his part IMO.

I read the same or similar article on FB the other day which had a quote that I didn’t see in this article just scanning through it but maybe I missed it, anyway it was this.

"I believe that individual development comes before you start talking systems and how your team's going to play," Calipari said. "We did none of that — system, teamwork, plays. We don't have an out of bounds play, a zone offense. We don't have a press. We have nothing."

This won’t change when the season starts either 😂. Good luck hog fans!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT