ADVERTISEMENT

Cal wanted UCLA?

It's plainly obvious that Cal was using UCLA to get a better deal to finish out his career at UK. I'm sure the fact that his agent had been talking to UCLA just happened to get back to Mitch. With Cal and Mitch not being very close, that's how it had to happen.

If Mitch had been a good negotiator, he would have offered Cal a lifetime contract but, sat on the raise. UCLA wasn't offering anymore money than what he makes now and taxes in Cali are ridiculous. Cal would have been crazy to take a pay cut to go out west. Plus, he wouldn't have had the limelight like he does in Lexington, the Bruin's games would have all been on TV after midnight east coast time and the Pac12 is horrible.
Dumbest move ever to leave UK for UCLA.
Cal played the Bruins and Mitch a bit I'd say.

I try not to let shit I have no control over bother me. No place is perfect.
But....Californians DO have a say in the demise of their state. Unfortunately, they've allowed a certain political party to put the state on a path to financial and social ruin.
That same party now has a super-majority in state government and their leadership has promised to take even more radical measures that will make living in California nearly untenable over the next couple of decades.
I hate it for the good people who live there, specifically in northern Cal. Many of those areas are rural and common sense still carries the day. However, it's a big state and the metropolitan centers are where the largest number of voters reside.
Every state has its problems and California's are just intensely magnified because of its population and its one-party government.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
But....Californians DO have a say in the demise of their state. Unfortunately, they've allowed a certain political party to put the state on a path to financial and social ruin.
That same party now has a super-majority in state government and their leadership has promised to take even more radical measures that will make living in California nearly untenable over the next couple of decades.
I hate it for the good people who live there, specifically in northern Cal. Many of those areas are rural and common sense still carries the day. However, it's a big state and the metropolitan centers are where the largest number of voters reside.
Every state has its problems and California's are just intensely magnified because of its population and its one-party government.

No....you actually don't have a say. Politicians want you to think that you do, but they only serve themselves and their corporate masters regardless of political party while tossing an occasional chew toy to their constituents on some worthless, bullshit issue to make them think they are working hard for them.

The op asked if cal wanted ucla... I say no, but cal wanted a raise and used ucla accordingly. Did cal deserve a raise? That is open for debate.
Personally I say no, but at this point I guess it doesn't matter.

Its too bad because California is a gorgeous state

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Yes, it's not like he was sitting down across the table from the UCLA AD and administration in an ACTUAL face to face negotiation. Bruins guy sends a text. Cal answers it. He sends another. Cal answers, and so on. There is also a thing called facetime or other video calling apps. And yes, the agent was likely doing negotiating, also. This is a tempest in a teapot.
No. Cal has an agent that does all that for him. Any texts Cal got would be from his agent.

No....you actually don't have a say. Politicians want you to think that you do, but they only serve themselves and their corporate masters regardless of political party while tossing an occasional chew toy to their constituents on some worthless, bullshit issue to make them think they are working hard for them.
I would agree that many politicians are self-serving. But, I seriously doubt large corporations on the whole would support a State govt like California now has that is both highly regulatory and constantly raising taxes on business. It's no wonder business is leaving California and New York.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT