ADVERTISEMENT

Cal thinks the atmosphere at Rupp needs to improve

Be honest about injuries and the crowds will go wild. We’ll be so shocked, we’ll get wild like we just hit a half-court buzzer shot to win it. This is not football. He’s not even an X’s & O’s guy, so why the hell is he still on this “I don’t know” BS.

We haven't been to a Final Four since 2015 and we haven't had a "superteam" in a while.

The reason the 90s was crazy is because every year it felt like we had a real title contender, and the style of play was extremely fun.

We were one of the best 3 teams in 1993, 1995, 1996, and 1997, and we played like it. Cal's teams tend to play down to the competition, and it makes for something of a bipolar fan experience.

2 years. If it’s 3 years, name all 3 opponents we lost to?
I don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he is referring to 2020 when the tournament was cancelled, 2021 when we didn't make the tournament and last year losing to St Peter's. He didn't say we had lost all 3 years just that we hadn't had a win in 3 years to generate buzz among fans.

I don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he is referring to 2020 when the tournament was cancelled, 2021 when we didn't make the tournament and last year losing to St Peter's. He didn't say we had lost all 3 years just that we hadn't had a win in 3 years to generate buzz among fans.
Words are hard for some

Reactions: UK till Death

Only had a chance to win 2 of the past 3 years. You can’t say we haven’t won in the tournament in 3 years when we only had opportunity to win in 2 of those years.

It was a dig at Cal and it failed. 2 years.

Well Cal, aren’t you the one that has downplayed regular season games? Which is it, they are either important enough to fire up the team and in turn the crowd, or they are just learning experiences???

When getting home to your dog is more important than winning the SEC Tournament, fans aren’t going to go ALL IN if you aren’t!!!

start by playing 3-4 bluebloods there every year

That has literally never happened every year because if this thing called home and home.

Where the hell do you people think the games will be the next year? Won't be at Rupp.

I really think you people are lazy and never look at the old schedules. We always usually play a couple of power 5 teams at Rupp each season with a couple of outlier seasons due to covid and some where we played a 3rd power 5.

I dont care how we scheduled in 1968 though. I'm talking modern scheduling and went back as far as 96.

St. Peters actually counts as 3 losses
* Four losses. Not to mention Cal needed a miracle at Florida (they were not good that year) to win immediately after blowing a 17-point second half lead vs. Tennessee(they were not good either that year). Team Turmoil 2.0 waiting to happen with Hagans. Cal even refused to come onto the court after the game for the Ruoff Mortgage Wildcat Wrap-up with Tom.

Rupp has always had a sleepy factor even when we were steam rolling people during Cal's early years.

Ticket prices, blue hairs, lack of returning players, poor tournament results, big screen TVs..

As is usually the case, some of this is on Cal, some of it is outside of his control.

Only had a chance to win 2 of the past 3 years. You can’t say we haven’t won in the tournament in 3 years when we only had opportunity to win in 2 of those years.

Hey if you want to twist his words it's between you 2. I am just telling you the way I and apparently everyone else, other than you, read it. I do find it admirable that you are here defending the coach who had 1 losing season and one of the worst tournament losses in UK history during that span though.

Cal deserves any dig thrown his way until he officially turns this around and starts actually coaching again. Our last tourney win was in 2019 which is 3 years ago so regardless how it came about that timeline was correct. The loss to St. Peter’s was shockingly bad but I’m guessing you aren’t faulting him for that either.

Hey if you want to twist his words it's between you 2. I am just telling you the way I and apparently everyone else, other than you, read it. I do find it admirable that you are here defending the coach who had 1 losing season and one of the worst tournament losses in UK history during that span though.

Keep admiring, because Cal is still the best man for the job.

Cal deserves any dig thrown his way until he officially turns this around and starts actually coaching again. Our last tourney win was in 2019 which is 3 years ago so regardless how it came about that timeline was correct. The loss to St. Peter’s was shockingly bad but I’m guessing you aren’t faulting him for that either.

No tournament win in 3 years with only 2 years that we had opportunity. Anyone says something besides that, they are clearly looking for reasons to be upset.

I forgot Cal controls injuries!! Why didn’t he just stop Oscar’s knee injury??? Farrrr Cal!!!!

Rupp has always had a sleepy factor even when we were steam rolling people during Cal's early years.

Ticket prices, blue hairs, lack of returning players, poor tournament results, big screen TVs..

As is usually the case, some of this is on Cal, some of it is outside of his control.
And don't forget $25-30 to park and jacked up concession prices. I live 2 hours away and turned down free tickets to Sunday nights game because I had work the next day and my daughter had school, Also even with free tickets it cost me about $50-60 for parking and concessions and gas for the 2 hour drive up and back. I could sit at home and watch on my 60 inch TV for free, not have 4 hours of travel time and get in bed at a decent time. Now if it was a decent opponent I might go but not for an exhibition game that we should win by 50 points.

No tournament win in 3 years with only 2 years that we had opportunity. Anyone says something besides that, they are clearly looking for reasons to be upset.

I forgot Cal controls injuries!! Why didn’t he just stop Oscar’s knee injury??? Farrrr Cal!!!!
We had a losing record in 2021 so there was no opportunity to win a tournament game that year either.

Reactions: dezyDeco

we haven’t won a tournament game since 2019. You could say it like that. Or, we’ve lost the only tournament games we’ve played in in the last 3 years. Or, by the time this year’s tournament rolls around, it will have been 4 years since our last tournament win. Word it however you want. The lengths people will go to to excuse that kind of production is pathetic. I don’t even dislike Calipari. But seeing people out here rewriting other people’s comments like some Orwellian moderator is alarming.

We had a losing record in 2021 so there was no opportunity to win a tournament game that year either.

The games were played so they were opportunity for us if we won. It doesn’t matter what we did the year we didn’t play any games, they were zero opportunity.

It’s Ellen Creed so u have to cut her some slack. She is defending hubby.

2 years. You cannot honestly count the Covid year, especially when we were one of the favorites.

My suggestion for years has been to give the students the first 6-8 rows.
We both know it will never happen, but Michigan State has the best set up for this. They have their students in the first 8-10 rows and the rows where season tickets start is much higher so that the students can stand and not be in the way of the people behind them. In the picture below, the green are the students seats.

image_handler.aspx

That has literally never happened every year because if this thing called home and home.

Where the hell do you people think the games will be the next year? Won't be at Rupp.

I really think you people are lazy and never look at the old schedules. We always usually play a couple of power 5 teams at Rupp each season with a couple of outlier seasons due to covid and some where we played a 3rd power 5.

I dont care how we scheduled in 1968 though. I'm talking modern scheduling and went back as far as 96.
quote "Calipari on radio says he wants to improve the atmosphere at Rupp after seeing the crowds at the Phillies games: "

I offered an opinion on how to do it.

Get your panties unwadded.

Reactions: dezyDeco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT