ADVERTISEMENT

Cal should start Humphries next game...

The boy from down under is fixing to learn what it's like being loved in our program. He hasn't a clue and will thrive on it as it grows. He's a Cat!

Reactions: CatPhight
The boy from down under is fixing to learn what it's like being loved in our program. He hasn't a clue and will thrive on it as it grows. He's a Cat!
I agree. A kid at his age is devastated over what happened and is probably anxious that BBN is pissed at him. I hope he realizes the fans aren't mad and proud as hell he is busting his ass on the court. He could have crawled in a hole when he didn't see playing time for several games, but to his credit, he kept working and it's paying off. I don't give two chits about that technical except that it was a bush league call by the ref.

He may have to if our bigs can't go, I was hoping for a Jorts kinda transformation from him, we'll see[thumb2]

I could see him starting, absolutely.

No matter what he's going to have to step it up from here on out, because if he doesn't and Poy and Willis don't return soon, this team is in some trouble. Probably not "on the bubble" levels of trouble, but quite possibly "having to face a 1 or 2 seed in the second round" levels. Stealing one of these last two road games was going to be difficult enough with everyone healthy and having to battle a hostile crowd and whistle, but now even our home games are very much "toss-ups" and you just know that they desperately want to tell the story of Simmons as the conquering hero against the Evil Empire at Rupp, even if it's a scrappy, banged up, underdog, group of good kids version of the Evil Empire.

Seeding doesn't really matter to me, though, because I feel like once we get in the tournament, if healthy (a very big *IF*, unfortunately), we'll start to roll and play our best ball of the season. I've felt like that this entire season. NCAA tournament refs usually don't have the same vendetta against Calipari that the usual suspects in this conference seem to have. Plus it'd be nice to be the giant killer ala '10-'11 and '13-'14 instead of the giant that's being killed like we've had to put up with all season.

All I know is that this team has fought it's heart out against the odds in brutal "only fill up the arena against Kentucky" environments all season and has lost some heartbreakers and head scratchers, and they deserve to have some things go their way for a change.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Humphries is going to get better each game. His hands were money grabbing rebounds down the stretch. He could change the dynamics for us downlow and he hits free throws

Humphries probably has to start next game. Poy won't be ready, Willis isn't likely to play, and Labissiere seems to be behind him in the rotation in the last few games. I figure Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, Lee, and Humphries start on Tuesday.

Humphries probably has to start next game. Poy won't be ready, Willis isn't likely to play, and Labissiere seems to be behind him in the rotation in the last few games. I figure Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, Lee, and Humphries start on Tuesday.
Starting Lee and Humphries at the same time would be like waiting for a disaster to happen. Both are foul prone. Probably would
rather have Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, and perhaps Matthews or Mulder playing the 4. With either Humphries or Lee at the 5. Would rather have Mulder play the 4 because he shoots better than Matthews. Just don't thing playing Humphries and Lee at the same time in the beginning of the game because if they both get in foul trouble we really would be in trouble. Just Saying..

Starting Lee and Humphries at the same time would be like waiting for a disaster to happen. Both are foul prone. Probably would
rather have Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, and perhaps Matthews or Mulder playing the 4. With either Humphries or Lee at the 5. Would rather have Mulder play the 4 because he shoots better than Matthews. Just don't thing playing Humphries and Lee at the same time in the beginning of the game because if they both get in foul trouble we really would be in trouble. Just Saying..
Humphries has got a nice little midrange game also to go along with tough rebounding.

Hump should start next game plain and simple. Skal isn't progressing at all. In fact I think most big blue fans have moved on from Skal. He's in the same boat Ryan Harrow was in at the end of his one and only season. Fans were completely indifferent to him and I think they are to Skal as well.

With Willis injured he probably has to start. I don't see a single reason for skal starting over him and the only other options are Willis and poy who are both injured. So it's gotta be Lee and humph at this point. He did last night what cal has been begging from skal all season, and that's fight. I love the kids fight. Hes 17. What a find by cal to be honest. Humph probably won't be a 4 year player you all. Maybe 2 depending on how quick he progresses. He hasn't been playing basketball long at all. Once he gets in better shape and as his body matures, he will be a star with the skill and hands he has. More than happy to have him.

We struggle rebounding the ball, though, so going small won't help that.

Skal's best case scenario would have been to go to a team with a veteran big guy, who he could learn from, playing maybe 8-10 mins a game his freshman season. Get some muscle in the off-season, and come back to school. As it is, he was over-hyped, and appears to be on track to be a first-round pick who has no chance of making a squad his first season. At least one year in the D-league is a lock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT