ADVERTISEMENT

Cal seeing Zion Williamson this evening...

Truth. It appears tho that he is gonna be duke bound and we'll get Naz and Shareef........

Crystal Lowhanger pundits have both Reddish and Williamson projected to Duke next year - basically the No. 1 and 2 SFs. Not going to happen. I think Duke probably gets Reddish early and biggest competition for Zion will be home state schools (Clemson and USC, Jr) and Tarheels.

Crystal Lowhanger pundits have both Reddish and Williamson projected to Duke next year - basically the No. 1 and 2 SFs. Not going to happen. I think Duke probably gets Reddish early and biggest competition for Zion will be home state schools (Clemson and USC, Jr) and Tarheels.
I'd take Reddish over Williamson every time.

Duke Crystal Ball predictions need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, since Duke staff - unlike UK staff - put out a lot of disinformation. They aren't getting Zion AND Reddish.

247 is already calling it for Duke on the following guys:

Langford
Williamson
Reddish
LeBron James

Looks about right. The coolest part is that we get to read 15 to 20 posts a week over the next few months from various UK fans who concede every recruitment to Duke.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
Freak of nature athletically. The size strength wise is there but at 6'7 I wonder how well he can shoot and how quick he is laterally for defense. Some say he can shoot but I'm not sure I buy it yet. Obviously this dude is at worst a top 5 player in the class so you'd be thrilled to take him, I'm just not sure you can actually call someone "the next LeBron" like that.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I'd take Reddish over Williamson every time.

It all depends on who else UK added and who came back. I think UK returns Quade, Richards, Washington, Alexander, and more. Reddish would compliment those guys due to his shooting, but at this point, it would be hard to argue against UK adding either Cameron or Zion.

Duke Crystal Ball predictions need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, since Duke staff - unlike UK staff - put out a lot of disinformation. They aren't getting Zion AND Reddish.

Probably true, but Duke might try to sell them on playing the forward spots together. Not saying it's a likely sell, only that Duke would try/hope for both (just like Kentucky).

Bigger issue is that K would be 72 years old when Williamson's a frosh.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
Physically, the kid looks like LeBron. In before OMG YOU'RE COMPARING HIM TO LEBRON?!

But he's a house, moves like a guard, moves through the air like a freight train, just unreal. Cal does a good job of getting every position except the elite wing. We keep missing on those guys for some reason. Vanderbilt is going to be a huge breath of fresh air. Hopefully ZW follows.

Agreed. I know there's a long way to go in this. I thought I read in a recent interview he won't even make a decision until after his senior season. More worried about him wanting to be "the star" and stay "home" at Clemson, USC, or UNC.

Kentucky in a great spot with zion. Thanks to cal and drake this kid has Kentucky written all over him. As weak as the draft will be next season you guys are gonna be upset when we don't return as many guys as you think.

Cam Reddish is the player I wanna bring in. Everybody gonna fight 4 Zion.

Probably true, but Duke might try to sell them on playing the forward spots together. Not saying it's a likely sell, only that Duke would try/hope for both (just like Kentucky).

Bigger issue is that K would be 72 years old when Williamson's a frosh.
And his back is closer to giving out with every loss they take.

Have seen some clips of this kid a few times, courtesy of my teenage son, who is suitably impressed. And I have to admit, he's an athletic freak, and I've never seen a high school kid dunk like that. But.....I hear he's 6'7. At that height he'll be mostly a perimeter player. Kids that physically gifted often never develop any of the skills needed to play on the perimeter - they simply don't have to. Why practice shooting when you can drive and dunk every time? I've not seen him shoot a jumper, if my memory is true.

I think he can be what we thought Anthony Bennett was, but with much better athleticism. His shot needs a lot of work, but he's also never really *had* to shoot in his life.

Anyone that hasn't seen him really needs to youtube the kid. It's unreal.

I think he can be what we thought Anthony Bennett was, but with much better athleticism. His shot needs a lot of work, but he's also never really *had* to shoot in his life.

Anyone that hasn't seen him really needs to youtube the kid. It's unreal.
I still don't think Ive seen him do anything but fly through the air.

This kid is a PF all the way at the college level. Williamson and Reddish could easily play at the same school, probably won't but it's not because they play the same spot. Totally different players

He hits his free throws so he will probably be an adequate shooter. But really I don't know why you would want him or anyone else jacking up three pointers on a team that should excel at offensive rebounding.

And he is a small forward. Bagley will be our PF!

He hits his free throws so he will probably be an adequate shooter. But really I don't know why you would want him or anyone else jacking up three pointers on a team that should excel at offensive rebounding.

And he is a small forward. Bagley will be our PF!

I see something like this in my mind for '18-19, as I think Diallo, Vanderbilt and Bamba (regardless of if we land him) are all OAD:

C - Richards So.
F - Bagley Fr.
F - Williamson Fr.
G - Baker - So.
G - Green - So.
-----
G - Smart - Fr.
G - Alexander - So.
F - Washington - So.
C - Humphries - Sr.
F - Wynyard - Jr.

Not sure if SJK sticks around to be a multi-year guy. Hope he does.
F/C - SKJ - Jr.
G - Calipari - Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT