ADVERTISEMENT

Per Matt Jones: Cal is officially back

So if Cal mess up YET again, and we STILL can't get rid of him, Mitch holds NO responsibility? I think you underestimate how pissed off the boosters and donors will be.
Boosters are all in on football, and all that really matters is keeping football healthy and staying with the big boys when the conferences break off. We still get our big fat chunk of TV money.

I'll give Mitch some slight credit for being brave. He just bet his job on Cal next season. Dude must be one HELL of a gambler because I would NEVER make that bet.
It’s not about being brave at all. It’s the total opposite, he’s a coward. He doesn’t have the balls to fire Cal or hire his replacement. He took the easy way out and kicked the can down the road like a true politician.

It’s not about being brave at all. It’s the total opposite, he’s a coward. He doesn’t have the balls to fire Cal or hire his replacement. He took the easy way out and kicked the can down the road like a true politician.
Sarcasm. SARCASM

Reactions: ck-2
I’m disappointed. I think it was the wrong decision. I think we are going to be in for turmoil next season. I hope I’m wrong. I really really do. I just have no confidence whatsoever in our coach, and I feel like if the losses pile up (and I’m afraid they will), it’s gonna get even worse than it is now.
I’m a firm believer in once the season begins, you ride with your team until the season is over, but a rough December could make “Cal’s head on a Platter (figuratively speaking) the hottest item on every UK fan’s Christmas wish list.

Reactions: cathead64
Boosters are all in on football, and all that really matters is keeping football healthy and staying with the big boys when the conferences break off. We still get our big fat chunk of TV money.
I hope I’m wrong but I think by the end of next football season Stoops seat will be hotter than Kal’s is now.

I hope I’m wrong but I think by the end of next football season Stoops seat will be hotter than Kal’s is now.

All he has to do is win 6 or 7 games a year. I do think the days of 9 regular season wins may be dead and gone in NIL era and transfer era and new sec. The delay of 9 conference games helps for now a little.

Reactions: Wildcatedward
fbq5lkqrrx401.jpg

We're getting number 9 next year boys!

I have oceanfront property in Kentucky for sale for anyone who believes Mitch held a hardline about (and will closely monitor) changes in the program. You can find similar "not the results we want...we will make changes" declarations for almost every year for the past five from this staff. At best, Mitch is holding our for a lower buyout and more time to find a replacement.

So if Cal mess up YET again, and we STILL can't get rid of him, Mitch holds NO responsibility? I think you underestimate how pissed off the boosters and donors will be.
Boosters and fans can't get any more pissed than they are right now......and still nothing from MB.

MB is happy with status quo and screw the fans for not liking it.

I have oceanfront property in Kentucky for sale for anyone who believes Mitch held a hardline about (and will closely monitor) changes in the program. You can find similar "not the results we want...we will make changes" declarations for almost every year for the past five from this staff. At best, Mitch is holding our for a lower buyout and more time to find a replacement.
Mitch is holding out on doing ANYTHING until he can retire.

I can’t believe we’re teaching a 65 year old man how to coach.
Mitch’s input was , hey Mr. Calipari I have an idea I’ve been kicking around. How about we give a shot at starting the best 5 next year, you know just to see what happens!

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Starting with that contract Mitch has put himself, the team, and the fans in a terrible position. Can you imagine the microscope this team will be under next season, and the pressure? Unbelievable.

Pretty obvious to me that Mitch just doesn’t have a replacement plan so he’s keeping his hands clean with Cal while giving himself time to have a move in place.

(I’m coping)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT