ADVERTISEMENT

Cal says

NBA has nothing to do with this, not a very bright group nor are they very skilled.

Low intelligence people keep referring to the NBA to further their own little agendas.

This does start at the top and Cal needs to do some HOF coaching.

Been saying for awhile that this team has lowest basketball IQ of any team Cal has had, and very low basketball skills.

NBA has nothing to do with this, not a very bright group nor are they very skilled.

Low intelligence people keep referring to the NBA to further their own little agendas.

This does start at the top and Cal needs to do some HOF coaching.
Sorry man, but the NBA dreams of kids Cal recruits plays a big part of the 1:1, non-team mentality we are seeing. But you are also right - bball IQ is about as low with this team as I’ve seen in a long, long time.

And if anyone here said that, they'd be bombarded by pumpers with the troll label for days.

Now they can finally shut up because Cal said so.
That's such BS! Everybody already knew what Cal said. Leave the pumper phrase on the FB board where it belongs.

Well, if the *S* Pumping crowd is right, Mitch will be firing Cal any day now cause Cal won’t change.

The only redeeming aspect of this is watching the *S* Pumpers cry. It’s fun laughing at them

Reactions: TnRustyCAT
Not buying they won't pass. Not what I saw. No offensive sets is what I saw.

It was passed to SKJ a bunch of times standing alone outside the arc with no one wanting to or needing to guard him. That's why the offense is stagnant with no open passing lanes.

But OK. Blame it on passing or lack thereof. Shai had no one to pass it to who could score anyway. Like the pass that missed to SKJ IN THE CORNER.

Sorry man, but the NBA dreams of kids Cal recruits plays a big part of the 1:1, non-team mentality we are seeing. But you are also right - bball IQ is about as low with this team as I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Never had a freshman leave without a guarantee and they ALL have NBA dreams every season.

Here is the deal... the selfishness on offense is the ONLY item you can point to to use the NBA excuse.

What about missing free throws? Not blocking out? Letting your man blow by you? Fouling jump shooters?

You think the NBA likes seeing this?

The fact these kids are not getting any of these things correct so lets not use the NBA excuse for poor talent and IQ.

I’ve posted here several times that a friend who is a trainer said Cal was super frustrated with this team. Been saying that since Troy game

Never had a freshman leave without a guarantee and they ALL have NBA dreams every season.

Here is the deal... the selfishness on offense is the ONLY item you can point to to use the NBA excuse.

What about missing free throws? Not blocking out? Letting your man blow by you? Fouling jump shooters?

You think the NBA likes seeing this?

The fact these kids are not getting any of these things correct so lets not use the NBA excuse for poor talent and IQ.

I've read a few scouting reports on college players and they highlight every weakness. Even for the best players there are many areas they point out that need work. I would hate to read the ones they will do on our guys. Brutal.

Reactions: brianpoe
You need to drop calling everyone a troll who questions Cal. Some of us have been here 10 years before you. So heed your own advice.
You need to quit being a candy ass persistent whiner. No where in my post that you quoted did I say the word troll so take your shit elsewhere.

If they watched the game they probably volunteered to come drink with you
That’s funny stuff.
giphy.gif

Not every roster is going to be fixable every year. No coach in America is going to have their team as good every year as they are expected to be.Time for you to start being realistic.
Agreed, not every roster is going to be perfect, but my point to this is the philosophy that Cal lives by will lead to this every so often. But at UK, it is sub par. And by the way, its not your job to tell me to be realistic or fanatical. You just stay in your lane and I will mine.

Sorry, disagree with Cal on that one. . . I was afraid after the shooting performances by Knox vs WVU and SGA vs Vandy that Cal would say they were selfish....can you imagine how confusing that must be to a young man who saved the game?

I THInk hes saying pass first. Don’t pass up a chance at a dish or kick out for a contested layup. That’s what we need our pg doing playmaking. If it’s your night and you can beat your guy off the dribble do it. Most of the time though they are going to try and shut him down

we could lose the next 8 games bc competition is tougher
Says we have selfish players
Says they don’t listen or pay attention
SAId we shoulda lost against vandy
And unfortunately he's exactly right. End of season schedule will be brutal if our guys are committed to being better in every phase.

The trouble is that this recruiting class, while really good, is not outstanding and has no upperclassmen to help. Both Wenyen and Sasha are McD's AAs but both have limitations (obviously, we know that now). Neither are good enough to provide badly needed leadership. Shai and Knox could do that but are wildly inconsistent. PJ is possibly the most gifted skill-wise and in body, but seems to struggle because of a lack of intensity and low motor. He just doesn't want to work hard enough to beat the other guy. As our guards go, so goes the team--I said this largely from the beginning of the year and it is very true now that we've seen enough sampling. Both PGs today were subpar for the lead roles they have to assume. Duke is also proving that you simply cannot rely on and put your laboring oar in the hands of boys--you win consistently now at the highest level of college basketball with men.

Maybe we need to re-do our offensive focus and start shooting threes with wreckless abandon. We need to have that as part of our identity. What else do we have? We're not posting up PJ. We don't post up Hamadou. We effectively have no post up game that we can go to consistently. We slash and hope for the best if we're to willing to penetrate and dish. We even passed up some chances to shoot an uncontested three today. Maybe we just know the truth--none of them are great shooters. But, that goes back to breaking down a defense with good guard play--if that happens, we turn into a decent shooting team, so it really is more learning to be difficult to guard and doing a better job in our half-court offense.

Today was our worst game since the Billy Gillispie days (Noel's team was pretty inept also). Even with this group, that should never have happened. A little lack of energy--putting that a bit more harshly, that's called laziness--plus low understanding of the game of basketball create losses to teams you should be able to beat.

It's concerning we're seeing a definite downward trend. Not good. I must admit to being nauseated when I watch these guys play crappy basketball. They are better than this, but still maybe not as good as we want them to be.

Agreed, not every roster is going to be perfect, but my point to this is the philosophy that Cal lives by will lead to this every so often. But at UK, it is sub par. And by the way, its not your job to tell me to be realistic or fanatical. You just stay in your lane and I will mine.
I'm just pointing out what is a fact about life that you apparently comprehend. If you can't handle that, maybe you should stay in your lane and off the message boards.

And if anyone here said that, they'd be bombarded by pumpers with the troll label for days.

Now they can finally shut up because Cal said so.

When you get poisonous attitudes who don’t buy in and think they’re still on the AAU circuit, it doesn’t work.

Reactions: TnRustyCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT