ADVERTISEMENT

Cal said we weren't done?

You literally contribute nothing to this board except label people trolls. If you can't do no better than that then gtfo!

I agree Wildcat-in-STL is always calling people trolls even if they state at the start of their posts they are long time Cat fans. It's a message board used for discussion on topics that are on the mind of fans. If it's not something you don't agree with or it redundant or even if you think it's silly topic just don't read it or comment on it. To go thru ever post and call people trolls to get your post count up to say your important is lame.

To add to the post . Yea Cal did say we're not quite done yet. So he must think we're still in play for more players.

I agree Wildcat-in-STL is always calling people trolls even if they state at the start of their posts they are long time Cat fans. It's a message board used for discussion on topics that are on the mind of fans. If it's not something you don't agree with or it redundant or even if you think it's silly topic just don't read it or comment on it. To go thru ever post and call people trolls to get your post count up to say your important is lame.

To add to the post . Yea Cal did say we're not quite done yet. So he must think we're still in play for more players.

LMAO. Yeah stating they are long time cat fans means they are 100% truthful.

Bamba struck me as kind of kid that says...everybody expects this...well watch this kinda kid...

So does that mean Texas cheated??? I just wanted to turn it around on others...that felt good

Would be great to have both, but Knox fills our needs more than Bamba.
Still need Cam or Diallo and let Cal prove his coaching ability.

Cal obviously thought he was getting another recruit. Bamba wasn't probably the one. But Johnson is still in play and Diallo could still return.

As for the pudding contest in here- all I ever remember Wildcats-In-STL posting is calling people trolls. I don't know why he does it. Maybe he really thinks this was a troll. But to me it's pretty clearly a simple question based on one Cal's more recent quotes and a shocker of a decision (no pun intended).

Reactions: Calsthebomb
MJ said he thinks Diallo is going to make a decision today, but doesn't know if it will be announced.

I've wrote him off as not coming back for a while, so if he returns it'll be a pleasant surprise but if he doesn't it's just confirmation of what I already expected.

Regardless, with the Bamba news and the potential Diallo decision, I'm bracing myself for today turning into #TheRaftening on here...

giphy.gif

I think this is related to Bamba picking Texas...bope i am wrong

You are giving far too much credit to these guys being friends. I'm not saying Diallo is returning but he's going to do what is BEST FOR HIM--and could give a damn what Mo Bamba decided to do. lol

The kids are friends and get along well. It's amazing how nasty the fanbases get and yet when a guy commits, you see kids who recruited these guys on circuit show class and congratulate their friends and wish them well--as it should be.

If you ask if I thought Bamba made a good decision? No--basketball wise with his skill set and what he needs to improve, I think he made a poor choice. Thing is, I'm not him and if this is what he wanted to do, good for him and good luck. Think it's going to end up being difference in him being mentioned as a possible #1 pick and being a 1st Round guy who still needs to work on areas he needs now, but maybe the comfort level with Smart and Texas will let him flourish? I don't root against any player/young man to fail. Just my opinion.

As for UK, I love the team for next year in terms of overall size/versatility and think it's back to what Cal does best work with. When talking of size, people always look at C/PF spots but smallest rotation guy will be Quade Green at 5'11. Everyone else is at least 6'3 with most 6'6 or taller. Nobody talks about Shai Alexander for some reason? I don't get that, he's going to be fantastic and Payne working with Richards is going to show up as a great help. That kid's so talented and just needs polish.

Sorry about the Bamba news, but think this is going to be a fantastic team and lets guys like Killeya Jones have their time to step up and prove they can play. If they can keep Diallo or add Johnson, just another weapon to throw out there!

He thought we were getting Bamba, I really have no doubt to be honest. He was humble bragging about his visit with a kid in Harlem last week on his podcast with Anthony Davis just last week.

Reactions: Calsthebomb
Cal saying we weren't done recruiting means to me he still looking at some guys....not that we would get them.

Reactions: BassCat75
Imagine what would happen to the fanbase if Cal said he was finished, and then Bamba picked Texas. People who criticize Calipari all the time would act like that was why Mo chose elsewhere, and hate him even worse.

It was a good move to let people know he's still working even if it didn't work out with Bamba.

You could do better and post this in the thread already established. This thread is basically making fun of cal for missing on a player you think that he thought he had ....
Actually, YOUR impression of the thread is that it's about making fun of Cal. Actually, you don't even care about Calipari, you're just spewing false hatred along with your "stop trolling" comments. There is nothing in the beginning of this thread that comes close to suggesting anything negative about Cal. Many of us are frustrated with Cal's obsession with the NBA, his seeming inability to 'finish the job' considering all the talent he's had. Lately I've begun to think that, yes, star players DON'T need to come to any specific school to be a lottery pick, and yes, players are looking at the amount of talent that's come through here in the past 7 years, and realizing that "winning championships" (even making it to the Final Four) isn't part of the package here. UK doesn't hang banners for Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen appearances. Nobody can honestly say "come to UK and win a national title", because if TJ doesn't come back there is a pretty good chance that Cal doesn't have any titles to this point. He recruits good kids, who by and large attend the classroom, and he gets may of those kids to the NBA, but that's about it.

Actually, YOUR impression of the thread is that it's about making fun of Cal. Actually, you don't even care about Calipari, you're just spewing false hatred along with your "stop trolling" comments. There is nothing in the beginning of this thread that comes close to suggesting anything negative about Cal. Many of us are frustrated with Cal's obsession with the NBA, his seeming inability to 'finish the job' considering all the talent he's had. Lately I've begun to think that, yes, star players DON'T need to come to any specific school to be a lottery pick, and yes, players are looking at the amount of talent that's come through here in the past 7 years, and realizing that "winning championships" (even making it to the Final Four) isn't part of the package here. UK doesn't hang banners for Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen appearances. Nobody can honestly say "come to UK and win a national title", because if TJ doesn't come back there is a pretty good chance that Cal doesn't have any titles to this point. He recruits good kids, who by and large attend the classroom, and he gets may of those kids to the NBA, but that's about it.

Keep trying.

Reactions: brianpoe

Damn Calsthebomb... I mean Calsarmy... how many accounts do you have?

Reactions: CELTICAT and Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT