ADVERTISEMENT

Cal quote

Best lineup is Adou at the 4, Tre at the 5, and some combination of 3 guards. If that guard combination includes Reeves, then Wagner MUST be in the game with him to make up for his poor defense. Sub Bradshaw at the 5 and Edwards at the 4. Burks gets spot minutes if any foul trouble. That’s your lineup.

Well, that's not true. Let's go back on a deep dive into his history. Way back to the ... Penn game.
Look would you please stop with the juvenile nick names.

Kansas runs a good system of attacking the rim. They don’t post Dickinson and just force him the ball, he gets all his looks off spacing and driving. Cal doesn’t do that usually with 2 big men and it clogs the lane too much.
Let me very, very easily start with the Kansas vs Kentucky game - Dickinson was posted up on the block CONTINUOUSLY all game long. Sure, he'll elevate for a ball-screen or a reversal, but he was posting up ALL NIGHT LONG! I have to assume you watched the game, right?

Did you happen to watch the Kansas vs UCONN game? About the only time he didn't post was when it was late in the shot-clock, they hadn't got him the ball, so he'd raise to set a BS late in shot-clock. They ran iso-posts for him, the ran cross-screens for him, they used him in pin-downs, they post him 90% of the game.

The other mistake some posters on here make is considering Mitchell a "big post". I'd be surprised to see both Bradshaw and Ugo in together, but if he's playing either of them with Mitchell, well that's basically just a stretch-4 that's a good perimeter shooter and a really good passer. Nothing to fret about

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT