ADVERTISEMENT

Cal needs to give it a chance….

Okay, he was there for how long? You pedantic dipshit.
Hey, I had the same thought when I read your post: “does this dope not know that Boeheim is retired?”

Your post clearly sounded like you thought he was still coaching. If you don’t want to get called out for it, then don’t use the wrong tense.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
The Miami Heat play a 2/3 match-up zone defense 8% of the time. The Golden State Warriors 5% of the time. The reason NBA teams don't play more zone defense is because they are wary of the defensive 3-second violation, thats where a defensive player in the paint area is not in close contact with a offensive player and the offensive team is awarded one foul shot plus the ball. In other words they don't want you to post a 7 foot guy right in front of the basket. We have no such rule in the College game.

There's a very good reason such a very small percentage of coaches use a small percentage of zone defense, they want to win. I played way back last century and we prayed for a team to play a zone. It doesn't take long to find the week links and take advantage. Although I think there are times that a 1-3-1 has a place but for only a short period of time. Alway thought a zone made some players to just concentrate to much on areas of the floor and letting some else take up the slack, which usually causes foul trouble, especially on bigs.

So doubling down on pedantic dipshit.
Why would anyone bump a thread like this …on tonight of all nights when there’s so much else to talk about here …for such a pathetically trifling reason? Especially when all it does is re-reveal how dumb you looked for not realizing Boeheim is retired.

Seek help, buddy. You plainly appear to need it.

Why would anyone bump a thread like this …on tonight of all nights when there’s so much else to talk about here …for such a pathetically trifling reason? Especially when all it does is re-reveal how dumb you looked for not realizing Boeheim has been retired for a couple years now.

Seek help, buddy. You plainly appear to need it.
Dude definitely has some anger issues. I don't get it.

Reactions: UK90
He switched to a zone tonight for one possession. It worked and Tre got the rebound but immediately turned in over and then fouled. It looked OK actually.

Just Hard Hedge the guy with the ball eliminates the straight line
Make the roll guy make the play
Opponents just drive to straight to the hole
It’s maddening

And I now see that @Hoskins91 has deleted his posts tonight …I guess because scared shitless that we’d actually responded.

What a weird dude.
I hate beating a dead horse, but weird is an understatement. I won't ignore him though. It's strange because he had some decent points earlier in this thread.

Words of wisdom words of wisdom also not taking cauley stein out who could not drop one in the Atlantic that caused his man to help double team Karl Townes who was wreaking havoc on Wisconsin their coach adjusted and cal kept screaming up and down the sidelines while booker rode the pine watching those twins throw the ball away and the 40 and 0 season oh well
The twins went from heroes to zeros
What a wasted opportunity for history. All due to lack of coaching

I could see a 3-2 zone being effective with two of our big men in but only against teams that don't have 3 point shooters at the 4/5 spots.

This team can barely play man to man defense as it is. It would make zero sense to try teaching them something else so they can suck at two things.
Zone is actually very easy to teach and play. It’s also outlawed in most youth league basketball leagues. But that’s not relevant here.

At the college level zone should be reserved for teams that lack the athleticism to compete. I do like a zone off the inbound or an occasional switch to change the pace.

Those unguarded 3d that people go crazy over? (crazy in a bad way) They would explode with a zone defense. Everybody shoots 3s

People being out of place for rebounds? They'll be in the next county with a zone defense.

Pick a lane, people.

And I now see that @Hoskins91 has deleted his posts tonight …I guess because scared shitless that we’d actually responded.

What a weird dude.
For some reason, I'm being tagged in these and that's not me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT