ADVERTISEMENT

Cal. Let me give you some advice. Use Saban, Belichick, K and Carrol.

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
It's time to step down and you know it. Use the retirement of Saban, Belichick, K and Pete Carrol as your chance to blame the system for this day. Just say, "I talked to Nick and Bill and Pete this week and we all agree that the system is broken...its time to step away."

Include your name in the conversation with those legends in coaching when the talking heads discus your stepping down. Blame NIL. Blame the portal. Blame the society. Blame the game. Anything to distract from your actual incompetence. You are trying to save your legacy. Tie your name in with those coaches and not tie it to Kenny Paine (the other program you ironically destroyed) or Gillispie or the failures out there.

You know its time to go, so spin this as a win. You are full of crap and perfectly capable of selling it. Negotiate a good deal and GO.

Add Jay Wright and Roy Williams to the list.
I wanted, in my PR advice, not to focus on just NCAA basketball. Cal sees himself as bigger than just NCAAB. So he will wrap in ProFB as well as NCAAFB and I doubt he adds Coach K because of ego...but he should.

It's time to step down and you know it. Use the retirement of Saban, Belichick, K and Pete Carrol as your chance to blame the system for this day. Just say, "I talked to Nick and Bill and Pete this week and we all agree that the system is broken...its time to step away."

Include your name in the conversation with those legends in coaching when the talking heads discus your stepping down. Blame NIL. Blame the portal. Blame the society. Blame the game. Anything to distract from your actual incompetence. You are trying to save your legacy. Tie your name in with those coaches and not tie it to Kenny Paine (the other program you ironically destroyed) or Gillispie or the failures out there.

You know its time to go, so spin this as a win. You are full of crap and perfectly capable of selling it. Negotiate a good deal and GO.
cal is far to arrogant to do this

Reactions: KFuqua
Hopefully someone can get in his ear with this advice.

He can ride off in to the sunset on his own without getting fired or the inevitable moving signs being placed in his yard...

Add Jay Wright and Roy Williams to the list.
Add Coach K and Boeheim as guys who knew when it was time to get out. They didn't stick around to strangle the life out of BB programs while collecting fat checks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT