ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Just Can't Stop Talking Kentucky

Well that’s some of it but definitely not all. Kentucky made a very important leak because they wanted it known it was UK’s call not his. Calipari appears to have tried to back track and was willing to do what we asked after he realized we really were going to move on from him and there’s nothing he can do about it. Barnhart knew he had the support to make the move from the brass and fans who were all sick of him. Calipari probably didn’t realize how bad it really was and it’s at that point he agreed to make the changes. He was beat in his strong armed attempt. Barnhart said no we are going to use this to terminate the contract and allow you to move on without a firing. You can clearly see Calipari’s demeanor after this showed he didn’t want to do it, there are rumors that Ellen was in shock, and several analyst at the time were talking about how Calipari didn’t realize how bad it was. Even Arkansas fans and personnel have not argued or boasted that they took UK’s coach which they certainly would.

This is definitely not as simple as he wanted to hire Brad so he left on his own, I think he wanted Ohio State and maybe even USC but both said no because those are better landing spots to retire at vs. ark and although not as prestigious as UK, great universities who might let him hire Brad and would go further in keeping his legacy in tact. . He then tried to use Ark as leverage thinking we’d cave and when we didn’t he had no choice. Fayetteville Arkansas does not fit what Calipari is at all. And I know his age probably deflates this idea, but if I were Arkansas I’d be a little worried about him looking around. But yea this is also confirmed by some people who would know and it lines up with the evidence in time.

This!! I feel pretty certain right up until his Arkansas press conference he was working to find a way out of it. Hence why his letter wasn't received until 10 minutes before his Arkansas introduction.

The end of the Cal era couldn't have ended in a more fitting way. Cal's overinflated ego caused him to out kick his overage in a strong arm attempt. Not only did it cost him his job, but it cost him $30M. No way Cal wanted to end up at Arkansas. This is not a knock on Arkansas, but more a reflection about Cal, but I guarantee Cal feels Arkansas is beneath his value. Personally, I think he's lucky be still have a job on Arkansas' level.

Not really I prefer the future and not the past no pun intended for each his own
I can't help but call Cal out every time he decides to speak about Kentucky in the national media just to keep his name relevant because he doesn't think anyone cares about Arkansas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3Bluefever325
I’m not disagreeing, I’m just pointing out how things are and likely will be in the future.

Don’t take this wrong but it’s no different than Pope posting about Cal’s players and using the 2012 championship in any recruiting way, which he has.

Before this gets twisted in any way, I dislike Cal a whole lot and I’m really happy Pope is our coach!!!
I got news for you, those were the University of Kentucky players and not Cal university, so as the head coach of Kentucky, Pope should be talking about them.

I can't help but call Cal out every time he decides to speak about Kentucky in the national media in attempt to keep his name relevant because he doesn't think anyone cares about Arkansas.
Like I said I prefer to move on for each his on

Caliparis offensive schemes, spacing, and general coaching acumen allowed Tyler Herro to shoot a spectacular 10% from 3 in his last tournament game, matching other proven NBA scorers Jamal Murray and Devin Booker among others. I’m so thrilled that dipshit is gone. Half the NBA all star team and we haven’t even been a 1 seed in 10 years.
Most overpaid and underachieving Coach in modern day history.

I dislike Cal as much or more than most. I never liked the guy from day one, but I believe his success allowed him to get away with being so unlikeable. However, there is a part of me that can't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy because he is human beneath lots of layers. This is a man that realizes even more than we do that he has lost his superpower which is what has, is, or will happen to us all. Unfortunately for Cal, he is such a difficult person to like, that it makes it very difficult to have any sympathy for him.

This

Cal said UK was his dream job. The man left his dream job for Arkansas, but only for selfish reasons. He lost the fan base, and couldn't get past his ego. There was a point in time when Cal was probably the best coach in college basketball, overall. This was back when Cal put winning first, and Kentucky only amplified that. Time moves on, and things change. Bringing 2 lottery picks off the bench for an entire season reflects on those changes, and why we were losing more than winning.

I got news for you, those were the University of Kentucky players and not Cal university, so as the head coach of Kentucky, Pope should be talking about them.

You literally can’t have a logical conversation with guys like this.

Have a nice day, brother!

In response to the Chandler Vessels article, Cal can't stop reflecting on his Kentucky days. He is now talking about Tyler Herro at Kentucky. He knows he wasted a golden opportunity with his extremely talented Sheppard and Dillingham team but he will never admit it. It seems like he is using Tyler Herro's success in the NBA to somehow remind people that Sheppard and Dillingham weren't his first big NBA draft surprises. However, it isn't the same because he wasn't playing much lesser players in front of Herro. Cal just needs to spend his time talking more about Arkansas and less about anything Kentucky. If Kentucky does well under Pope's leadership, he will want to take credit for the Pope hire. Lol
And you can't stop talking about Cal. Irony.

Reactions: DCWildcatFan
Of course he is. Calipari really is a narcissist. He was ran out of Kentucky and didn’t expect it. He thought he was using Arkansas to leverage his power and Barnhart used it to essentially fire him. Calipari never has his ass handed to him the last place that did that was Jersey it’s been a long time and he didn’t handle that well either. Notice the NBA never came after him with real offers. They’re a business and even at the height of his popularity they still were cautionary considering him. There are reasons for that.

Calipari is going to try and use the Kentucky players to recruit and use his time at Kentucky to sell. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Arkansas’s practice facilities littered with UK guys and accomplishments all over it. He’s going to want to take shots in these ways until he’s gone. And Arkansas is a desperate program so if they can pretend to be Kentucky they’re going to.
There is a lot to unpack here . First Cal had a lifetime contract with a 33 million buyout at Kentucky if he was fired . If he talked to another school without informing Barnhart that was a breach of contract and forfeiture of 33 million. He knew Barnhart wanted to fire him but couldn’t afford it so please tell me how that leverage play went down lol

Cal wanted out as bad as y’all wanted him gone and just so happens Arkansas came open and his good buddy Tyson provided him a way out . He is now at a school that he has ample NIL and a fan base excited to have him .

As far as using Kentucky players and their NBA success as a recruiting pitch … of course he is and any coach would do the same .

There will never be any Kentucky players on the walls of the practice facility at the university of Arkansas but I would hope there is something in his office or house that points to his to the NBA success his kids have had . The same way musselman is going to use his former Arkansas players that were first rounders . If you haven’t noticed Cal also talks about his players from UMass and Memphis .

You guys got want you wanted in Cal gone and now you can’t let it go and please with the Arkansas is desperate crap and want to be Kentucky LOL . I would be more concerned about skipping back to the Billy G days with Pope in charge instead of throwing shade at your former coach . Muss left us for USC and there hasn’t been a thread about him on our board in 2 months. Y’all can’t stop taking about Cal and that says deep down you really didn’t want him to leave lol .

Last edited:
There is a lot to unpack here . First Cal had a lifetime contract with a 33 million buyout at Kentucky if he was fired . If he talked to another school without informing Barnhart that was a breach of contract and forfeiture of 33 million. He knew Barnhart wanted to fire him but couldn’t afford it so please tell me how that leverage play went down lol

Cal wanted out as bad as y’all wanted him gone and just so happens Arkansas came open and his good buddy Tyson provided him a way out . He is now at a school that he has ample NIL and a fan base excited to have him .

As far as using Kentucky players and their NBA success as a recruiting pitch … of course he is and any coach would do the same .

There will never be any Kentucky players on the walls of the practice facility at the university of Arkansas but I would hope there is something in his office or house that points to his to the NBA success his kids have had . The same way musselman is going to use his former Arkansas players that were first rounders . If you haven’t noticed Cal also talks about his players from UMass and Memphis .

You guys got want you wanted in Cal gone and now you can’t let it go and please with the Arkansas is desperate crap and want to be Kentucky LOL . I would be more concerned about skipping back to the Billy G days with Pope in charge instead of throwing shade at your former coach . Muss left us for USC and there hasn’t been a thread about him on our board in 2 months. Y’all can’t stop taking about Cal.

Players Association Sport GIF by NBPA

I guess we can't stop talking about Cal either.
When exactly is BBN supposed to stop talking about him?

He took 6 of our players and/or recruits, went to an SEC rival, and just covered his face all over the NBA draft that featured three of our guys. In addition, he keeps talking about us.

So when should we censor ourselves, Mr. Guy Montag, and start burning the threads you don't approve of?

He took 6 of our players and/or recruits, went to an SEC rival, and just covered his face all over the NBA draft that featured three of our guys. In addition, he keeps talking about us.

So when should we censor ourselves, Mr. Guy Montag, and start burning the threads you don't approve of?
I like these guys crying about threads. Like the OP's are using the force. To force them to click on them and read them.

In response to the Chandler Vessels article, Cal can't stop reflecting on his Kentucky days. He is now talking about Tyler Herro at Kentucky. He knows he wasted a golden opportunity with his extremely talented Sheppard and Dillingham team but he will never admit it. It seems like he is using Tyler Herro's success in the NBA to somehow remind people that Sheppard and Dillingham weren't his first big NBA draft surprises. However, it isn't the same because he wasn't playing much lesser players in front of Herro. Cal just needs to spend his time talking more about Arkansas and less about anything Kentucky. If Kentucky does well under Pope's leadership, he will want to take credit for the Pope hire. Lol
You are criticizing him now for talking about a place, and the players he coached for 15 years of his life. ???. Why exactly do you keep talking about Cal? You cant stop reflecting on your opinion of Cal. Makes a person think that is all you got.

You are criticizing him now for talking about a place, and the players he coached for 15 years of his life. ???. Why exactly do you keep talking about Cal? You cant stop reflecting on your opinion of Cal. Makes a person think that is all you got.
I'm not surprised posters like you want us to "just move on" from Calipari.

After all, you got it so wrong when it came to supporting Cal as he burned the program to the ground.

You defended him during the 9-16 season, held his hand during the Shaedon Sharpe debacle, and shined his shoes like a good little shoeshine boy during the historic loss to St. Peter's. You were there every step of the way with him, cradling him like a mother cradles her moronic belching infant child. It wasn't until we lost to Oakland that you even so much as hinted any critique of Calipari.

These guys 3 days after WW2 ended.

“Gotd*** the media is just OBSESSED with Adolf Hitler! And my teacher said our curriculum is going to cover the war too! Stop Stop Stop talking about it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I will be Coach Pope’s #1 supporter. Win or Lose.
I am still Coach Cal’s fan too.

You know why? Because I am a UK fan.
True Blue + Loyal through thick and thin.
That’s how I was raised.

Reactions: MathUK
I will be Coach Pope’s #1 supporter. Win or Lose.
I am still Coach Cal’s fan too.

You know why? Because I am a UK fan.
True Blue + Loyal through thick and thin.
That’s how I was raised.

Maybe it’s just me, but supporting true blue would not be supporting a guy who left for a rival, took the team with him, left Kentucky totally gutted, tried to leave during the middle of the season potentially killing our year, and a guy who talked down to Kentucky fans and nicknamed us things like Basketball Bennies.

I hear you but in this case no, I’m not supporting that because I’m a Kentucky fan.

I'm not surprised posters like you want us to "just move on" from Calipari.

After all, you got it so wrong when it came to supporting Cal as he burned the program to the ground.

You defended him during the 9-16 season, held his hand during the Shaedon Sharpe debacle, and shined his shoes like a good little shoeshine boy during the historic loss to St. Peter's. You were there every step of the way with him, cradling him like a mother cradles her moronic belching infant child. It wasn't until we lost to Oakland that you even so much as hinted any critique of Calipari.
I did not like or really understand the Shaedon Sharpe incident. Handlers handled that fiasco I am assuming. Cal could have dismissed him I guess but I am not sure if that was the way to go. I didn't like the outcome over the last few years. I try to be rationale and look at the seasons unfold. I do not rewrite history like many seem to do. Cal had a great run here. It came to an end and it was time for it to end. I attended many UK games during his time and I appreciate what he did. I will support UK like I always have but I will also, for the first time in my life, pull for Arkansas when they are not playing us. I don't care if you like that and don't care what you think about it.

I did not like or really understand the Shaedon Sharpe incident. Handlers handled that fiasco I am assuming. Cal could have dismissed him I guess but I am not sure if that was the way to go. I didn't like the outcome over the last few years. I try to be rationale and look at the seasons unfold. I do not rewrite history like many seem to do. Cal had a great run here. It came to an end and it was time for it to end. I attended many UK games during his time and I appreciate what he did. I will support UK like I always have but I will also, for the first time in my life, pull for Arkansas when they are not playing us. I don't care if you like that and don't care what you think about it.

"I will support UK like I always have but I will also, for the first time in my life, pull for Arkansas when they are not playing us."

Spit Take GIF

Cal absolutely could have dismissed Shaedon, and SHOULD have dismissed him. If you care about your team, and care about getting it ready for the tournaments, you DON'T let anyone pull what Shaedon pulled. Anyone who might disagree with that is being willfully ignorant and a contrarian.

Last edited:
LOL

Hahahaha wow. Cal’s swagger turned you out bad.

Wait a second, aren’t you an Alabama football fan? UK basketball, Alabama football, now Arkansas as a second team?

You realize you’re not a real UK fan….right?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT