ADVERTISEMENT

Cal in LA watching Livingston work out

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida

As Calipari says in his tweet, Livingston improved greatly from the beginning of his freshman season in 2022-23 to the end. Across 18 SEC games this past season (17 of them starts), the 6-foot-6 wing averaged 6.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 25.3 minutes per outing while shooting 40.0 percent from the floor. He finished the year playing at least 32 minutes in 11 straight contests.

Livingston was tabbed to the SEC All-Freshman Team as a result and eventually declared for the NBA Draft in the middle of April. His decision to do so was met with some raised eyebrows, considering he’s not currently projected to hear his name called in either of the two rounds.

But the belief has been that Klutch, which represents some of the NBA’s biggest stars in LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Trae Young, De’Aaron Fox, and many more, would help Livingston find a guaranteed spot in the draft. Whether or not that actually happens could decide his future in Lexington.

Also of note, Kentucky is expected to host San Diego State transfer Keshad Johnson beginning on Wednesday. Johnson is a 6-foot-7 forward who plays a similar style to Livingston but with three more seasons of college basketball experience under his belt.
Is Calipari trying to send a message to Livingston and his camp that he should come back to UK for another season of college ball?

I say this with no malice toward the OP as far as who Coach Cal is watching.... So....

Who he is hosting, that's a horse of a different color...

horse-horse-drawn-carriage.gif

Livingston will be a 2nd round pick, with a multi-contract like Ulis had. He'll bust while making that first $2.9 million in post-tax money. We'll add him to the ranks of Young, Goodwin, Teague, Skal, Orton, and the other "One and Delusional" freshmen who left after a year here.

I hope Cal learned he is not wanted as coach of UK basketball.
Sure he is. Everyone that is important to the program wants him to honor his contract. After that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks as they obviously do not respect the decisions of the University of Kentucky.

Oh look, a troll.
He's not a "troll", he's one of us: KENTUCKY fans, not Calipari fans.

He wants UK to return to it's status as the elite college basketball team in the country.

We are NOT that program any longer, and unless you've been living under a rock for the past several years you would know that.

All of this crap falls directly into the lap of our current shitty coach. losing the all time wins lead, Can't do shit in the NCAA tournament, on and on and on; all of it's been WELL documented on here multiple times.

Wake the hell up dude!! Cal DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM!!! What part of that do you not understand? He's playing UK, all the while practically stealing 9 million a year.

No, he's not a troll, he is like every other UK fan who is sick of Cal's shit and want him GONE. Cal is literally destroying our beloved program while some of you are so infatuated with Cal that you don't care. Now, who's the troll?

GTFO calling fellow UK fans "trolls", just because they don't worship at the feet of the used car salesman of a coach like some UK "fans" on here.

I’m actually hoping that Cal was talking to Livingston and finding out his intentions so we can actually move on. Cal wanted to let him know he is welcomed back to lead this team but needs an answer so he can try to build a team. Let’s just hope Cal got the answers he needed.

He was already out in LA for the Lakers-Warriors game. It's not like he flew out there just for that. But hoping @YardCat is correct. Needs to start getting some answers so we can complete this roster.

Livingston will be a 2nd round pick, with a multi-contract like Ulis had. He'll bust while making that first $2.9 million in post-tax money. We'll add him to the ranks of Young, Goodwin, Teague, Skal, Orton, and the other "One and Delusional" freshmen who left after a year here.
Nah honestly barring injury Livingston is going to develop into a nice player gotta lot of things going for him

That KT article this morning was not kind to Livingston. It’ll be interesting to see if he enters the portal by tomorrow night.

Reactions: catben
Sure he is. Everyone that is important to the program wants him to honor his contract. After that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks as they obviously do not respect the decisions of the University of Kentucky.
You sure about that Ellen? Everyone?

I’m actually hoping that Cal was talking to Livingston and finding out his intentions so we can actually move on. Cal wanted to let him know he is welcomed back to lead this team but needs an answer so he can try to build a team. Let’s just hope Cal got the answers he needed.
I was thinking THAT, AND talking to the team he was working out for to see if they think he will be drafted.

Livingston invited to the combine as well. No way he comes back to UK now.
Reeves should be closer to a decision though.

Reeves was invited to the G-League Elite Camp, which is May 13-14. Some of those players will be invited to the the Draft Combine, which begins on May 15-21. My guess is that we will know something definitive on him by next Monday.

I'm curious what people think UK's record will be this upcoming season if we only have 7 scholarship players.

That Tucker article was interesting.Everyone in the NBA telling him to go back to school.I think he will but which school will it be?

Reactions: catben
Wasting time watching a guy workout who is done with UK. When he should be finding his replacement.
considering the fact that CL is a Klutch player and they have their hands on a lot of recruits i am not sure how showing support for a player represented by KLUTCH is wasting time

I'm curious what people think UK's record will be this upcoming season if we only have 7 scholarship players.
i am curious if you honestly think we will only have 7 scholarship players when the season starts
just looking for a yes or no answer, no spin

More honest than unkind. He's not ready.
Woof. He will transfer. Some of these dudes just need to have a long discussion with themselves though and say, "Maybe I'm not as hot stuff as I thought I was?"

It's one thing if one or two teams dog you; you're not going to be everyone's best option or pick. But when there's a consensus telling you "go back to school and bang on your craft"?

Maybe, just maybe you should listen.

Tired of these players doing great things AFTER they leave UK. I don't really watch nba ball and only care what UK does.

You do realize we are just playing the hand the NBA has given us don't you? Of course players are going to rapidly improve when they are at most putting 1-2 years of college in.

Reactions: NociHTTP
You do realize we are just playing the hand the NBA has given us don't you? Of course players are going to rapidly improve when they are at most putting 1-2 years of college in.
But they get here and do NOTHING. Is that Cal's fault? The culture right now is not a winning one. It's one of "let me do the bare minimum to get drafted, and if I get hurt or face getting exposed, let me hide on the bench somewhere". Who's responsible for this culture?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT