ADVERTISEMENT

Cal has given up on this season

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
He will not make any desperate changes, such as bringing in a defensive guru or trying to teach the guys hedging or zone.

He will just make excuses after a loss and swag after we beat Candy or Arky.

He's already looking forward to draft night, only about 8-10 games left.

Then he can go be with his dog.

He’s always in “just wait til…” mode. Just wait til he gets the right guy back in the lineup. Just wait til he installs a wrinkle. Just wait til February… then it’s March. Just wait til the SEC Tournament. No wait, that doesn’t matter, just wait til March Madness.

How about instead of “waiting til…”, we play to be the best we can be right now? If we do that, whatever comes next will take care of itself.

You know if Mitch was to fire all his assistants and give him a budget $25k to hire a new one, maybe he’d get the hint just because he has a contract doesn’t mean he’s gonna wanna stay for it.

lol only people that have given up on this season is a subset of the fanbase.

Listen obviously this hasn't gone well lately, we still have a pretty good team this season and I still think that shows come tournament time.
2-5 against Quad 1 constitutes "a pretty good team" in Lexington these days?

If so, we're probably just a notch away from becoming Indiana.

I get fans are frustrated but these kinds of comments are so ridiculous.

2-5 against Quad 1 constitutes "a pretty good team" in Lexington these days?

If so, we're probably just a notch away from becoming Indiana.

The results haven't been there no doubt.

I still feel like this is a team that could make noise tho.

We literally had two seasons like this under Cal in 2011 and 2014 where we didn't have the greatest of seasons and still made final fours. It's not out of the realm of possibility here.

Weird at the beginning of the season I felt everyone here was overrating us. Now I feel just the opposite.

lol only people that have given up on this season is a subset of the fanbase.
I liken this team (and the last few) to someone drowning. You want to save them, and are trying, but they’ll
pull you under too if you don’t take evasive measures to protect yourself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The_Answer1313

We literally had two seasons like this under Cal in 2011 and 2014 where we didn't have the greatest of seasons and still made final fours. It's not out of the realm of possibility here.

Weird at the beginning of the season I felt everyone here was overrating us. Now I feel just the opposite.
It’s just the homer in you. This team isn’t doing a damn thing.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He’s always in “just wait til…” mode. Just wait til he gets the right guy back in the lineup. Just wait til he installs a wrinkle. Just wait til February… then it’s March. Just wait til the SEC Tournament. No wait, that doesn’t matter, just wait til March Madness.

How about instead of “waiting til…”, we play to be the best we can be right now? If we do that, whatever comes next will take care of itself.
Now see...with your second paragraph, you are thinking logically. You can't do that with Cal. He doesn't think logically, because he's NUTS!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪

Reactions: Imafan4evr_

You just said "I feel" twice.

The rest of us are dealing with reality, but you hang on to those feels.

• Haha
Reactions: CincyUKFan
By the time draft night rolls around, hopefully Cal will be someone else's problem.

He will not make any desperate changes, such as bringing in a defensive guru or trying to teach the guys hedging or zone.

He will just make excuses after a loss and swag after we beat Candy or Arky.

He's already looking forward to draft night, only about 8-10 games left.

Then he can go be with his dog.
But, but, he IS the defensive guru, right?

guru GIF

The two teams you are referencing lost a total of 2 games at Rupp combined, and one of those was to the #3 team in the country (Florida).

This team has lost twice that many by itself, and 3 of them to unranked opponents. This team is nowhere near those teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT