ADVERTISEMENT

Cal foundation assisting KY government employees

That's gonna be a sweet bonus for them once they get their backpay
The problem is that it's going to take a while to get back pay once this thing is over. All offices that process payments are going to be extremely overloaded. As we all know, a lot of people have families and live check to check these days. These are the people that are really hurt and Cal recognizes that.

Ya know......putting aside the fact he's a hall of fame coach.......he's just a great person.
Sad thing is that you seldom hear about his humane efforts unless you're a UK fan. Really a shame that none of his good deeds are acknowledged by the main stream media. You seldom hear anything about Cal unless it's someone trying to stir up trouble.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
That this man is vilified by cbb media, ncaa admins and even many of his own peers is an absolute travesty.

Cal seems to me a lot like bob knight who was also a really good guy at heart, did plenty of charity wanted to shape young men as well as players but was hated by msm and turned into a bully and a tyrant

Whoever msm holds up as a hero is anything but and their heroes are the real villains

Cal seems to me a lot like bob knight who was also a really good guy at heart, did plenty of charity wanted to shape young men as well as players but was hated by msm and turned into a bully and a tyrant

Whoever msm holds up as a hero is anything but and their heroes are the real villains
And If Coach K did something like this they'd erect a monument to him right in front of the ESPN station.

Cal is right; I'm not taking sides either but penalizing people who work for political reasons is plain wrong. Glad to see that he is helping out and just shows how much class he has.

This is the correct answer. Biliionaire president and millionaire politicians using people who make $40K as political pawns is beyond shameful on both sides.

Cal is a good man and I’m proud he’s our coach.

How much will those fed employees pay back though when they get all their retro pay too?
Not sure about this but I can tell you that pension payments for retirees have been suspended as well which is causing some serious issues. The health insurance is still in place but anything related to retirement has been put on hold, including payments from 401K annuities. For most federal employees this first check they missed was last week, however, every day the shutdown continues it's just that more of a backlog. The main finance center will be an absolute nightmare to work for when this is over.

Reactions: ashbergh
Not sure about this but I can tell you that pension payments for retirees have been suspended as well which is causing some serious issues. The health insurance is still in place but anything related to retirement has been put on hold, including payments from 401K annuities. For most federal employees this first check they missed was last week, however, every day the shutdown continues it's just that more of a backlog. The main finance center will be an absolute nightmare to work for when this is over.
I meant no offense, my apologies. Whole damn thing is stupid and I won’t get into it politically wise.

I meant no offense, my apologies. Whole damn thing is stupid and I won’t get into it politically wise.
No offense taken whatsoever and no need to apologize. My guess is that before this is over a lot of workers will miss up to 2-3 checks at a minimum. The ones really affected are the retirees and the single parents that work in admin positions to make ends meet. But you're 100% correct; it's really stupid. Whatever happened to "A Government by the People and for the People"? Doesn't appear that way now.

Reactions: oceanna
No offense taken whatsoever and no need to apologize. My guess is that before this is over a lot of workers will miss up to 2-3 checks at a minimum. The ones really affected are the retirees and the single parents that work in admin positions to make ends meet. But you're 100% correct; it's really stupid. Whatever happened to "A Government by the People and for the People"? Doesn't appear that way now.

That’s what happened when it’s gotten bloated out of proportion

Hey jet please don’t put Cal and knight in the same sentence and say they are the same

Bob Knight was a violent bully who disrespected his players, his peers, and members of the media for decades. He was absolutely not a "good guy at heart[.]" The opposite, actually.

Cal deserves far better than to be compared to someone like him.

That’s what happened when it’s gotten bloated out of proportion
Yep, pretty sure that this thread will be moved to the Political Discussion forum but the Federal Government is bloated. I've been a Fed for about 35 years and this recent event makes no sense at all. My organization is not affected since we're NAF and don't accept Federal funding but the amount of contractors we have now is unreal.

He's spot on too. Both sides bicker on and on, and the result is usually the "little" people getting the shaft.

Good on Cal for helping these folks in need out. Glad he's here.

Just so you know my wife works for the government, and there are still people from 2013 waiting for their back pay. So, the idea that any of this will eventually be of benefit to anyway is simply ignorant. Cal is awesome.
Agreed Cal is awesome

Calipari is a class act, and what’s amazing is he doesn’t seem to care if anyone knows or acknowledges his accomplishments. I mean, I’d get a little frustrated if my wife didn’t notice me do all the dishes lol.

To make it totally political, I think it has more to do with the success of partisan politics. Both sides know they can do whatever they want and blame it on the other side. Whoever compromises first loses and whoever holds their elected officials accountable “loses” if the other side isn’t doing the same. The country is divided because we have one central government and no autonomy at the state level. Sad cause there’s an easy solution.

Calipari is a class act, and what’s amazing is he doesn’t seem to care if anyone knows or acknowledges his accomplishments. I mean, I’d get a little frustrated if my wife didn’t notice me do all the dishes lol.

To make it totally political, I think it has more to do with the success of partisan politics. Both sides know they can do whatever they want and blame it on the other side. Whoever compromises first loses and whoever holds their elected officials accountable “loses” if the other side isn’t doing the same. The country is divided because we have one central government and no autonomy at the state level. Sad cause there’s an easy solution.

Someone once said the definition of character is doing the right thing when no one is looking. That is John Calipari to a T.

I didn’t read the whole thing but not getting love for doing the dishes cracked me up

Just so you know my wife works for the government, and there are still people from 2013 waiting for their back pay. So, the idea that any of this will eventually be of benefit to anyway is simply ignorant. Cal is awesome.
I've heard that as well and it's shameful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT