ADVERTISEMENT

Cal declines to come onto KSR

Can someone please explain to me how Cal is able to skip out on so many PC's? Is that not in his contract and a huge portion of his salary? How can he just choose to not do them? Is that not a deriliction of duty? It's not like he's skipping them to go coach up his team or watch film so we know he's skipping them to avoid the tough questions.

Why does Mitch not step in and DEMAND that Cal do them? Tell him these are not optional. Is there something in Cal's contract that says he doesn't have to do them?

I'm failing to understand this.
It's funny to me when Matt goes on a tirade about Cal not doing the post game press conferences but yet he skips all kinds of his post game shows throughout the year and let's Ryan do them. Hypocritical much?

holy hell, you gotta be shitting me

I thought that was a parody account so I looked it up

YYj03Fp.jpeg

The Award recognizes the lifetime achievement of coaches who exemplify Coach Wooden’s high standards of coaching success and personal achievement. When selecting the individual, the Wooden Award Committee considers a coach’s character, success rate on the court, graduating rate of student athletes, his coaching philosophy and his identification with the goals of the John R. Wooden Award.

Cal is a COWARD!

He knows he’s crapped the bed.
He knows he has no discernible plan to fix it.
He is not being held accountable by his bosses.
He answers to NO ONE!
He sure is heck wont give time to someone who has called him out in the media.

Cal should be begging forgiveness and doing whatever he can to make up with a fanbase he has failed and treated like crap. He can’t do that bc his massive ego won’t allow him to.

He will hide. He will pray a coach gets drunk and some kids talk a guy into returning so he can have a shot at the tourney. Had Huggy not got drunk and guys played video games with Reeves begging him to return… this past season would have been 16-16 instead of 23-10.

Cal is an abject disaster who should have been fired within 48 hours of the loss to Oakland. However, he will drag us further into the abyss. It’s going to take an act of God, Mitch to sack up, or fans to literally not go to any games and withdraw all support. Otherwise, Cal won’t leave.

I do know he's done, and have said it's time for a change if you can get the right guy. But to state you hope Cal fails miserably at the end of his career is contradictory to your last post. Just pointing out that the coach doesn't dictate my fandom. Been watching the Cats since 1976, so I will hope that each coach is wildly successful because that means the Cats are wildly successful.
What I'm really saying is I hope he'll be fired and go bitching off into the sunset, ok?

This season, I didn't believe for a SECOND that things would be any different in the postseason. But you know what I did in the postseason? Cheered my ass off against A&M and then against Oakland.

My feelings about his abilities are separate from my hopes for the UK program.

If you want me to word it perfectly, how about this:

- If Calipari pulls off a miracle and succeeds, that's what I want the most!
- But, in the 99.99% certainty that he doesn't, I hope he gets fired because he's a selfish douchebag!

Why are we arguing about this, again?

What I'm really saying is I hope he'll be fired and go bitching off into the sunset, ok?

This season, I didn't believe for a SECOND that things would be any different in the postseason. But you know what I did in the postseason? Cheered my ass off against A&M and then against Oakland.

My feelings about his abilities are separate from my hopes for the UK program.

If you want me to word it perfectly, how about this:

- If Calipari pulls off a miracle and succeeds, that's what I want the most!
- But, in the 99.99% certainty that he doesn't, I hope he gets fired because he's a selfish douchebag!

Why are we arguing about this, again?
I'm not arguing. I just made my case as to why I want to see Cal succeed.

• Haha
Reactions: AirJordan
I'm not arguing. I just made my case as to why I want to see Cal succeed.
But does it have to be this way every time a coaching change is needed?

Think, for example, about Payne at UofL. Were UofL fans "not true fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for wanting him gone?

Not at all. So quit playing this absolutely stupid game.

It's not about Cal or KSR at this point. It's about this program and the fans, and what is best for it all moving forward. Cal is only thinking about himself, which has been the case for 4 years now.
Cal going on KSR is what’s best for this program? LOL, OK.

Reactions: RipThru
Doubt we will be seeing or hearing much from Cal for the next several weeks. He certainly isn't going to appear on a show," because the fans deserve answers" Mitch and Cal gave us all we are getting in their joint press conference. Cal is obviously in a position here where he can do or not do as he pleases. 9-16 didn't get him fired, 1 NCAA win in 4 years hasn't gotten him fired so he would be safe in assuming NOTHING will. All these folks saying next year is a " throw away year" necessary ( for some reason) to get rid of Cal just aren't paying attention. Barnhart ain't firing him,baring Cal deciding to leave or retire we are stuck with him.

Doubt we will be seeing or hearing much from Cal for the next several weeks. He certainly isn't going to appear on a show," because the fans deserve answers" Mitch and Cal gave us all we are getting in their joint press conference. Cal is obviously in a position here where he can do or not do as he pleases. 9-16 didn't get him fired, 1 NCAA win in 4 years hasn't gotten him fired so he would be safe in assuming NOTHING will. All these folks saying next year is a " throw away year" necessary ( for some reason) to get rid of Cal just aren't paying attention. Barnhart ain't firing him,baring Cal deciding to leave or retire we are stuck with him.
We can absolutely change the tenor of things, and will. Neither Mitch nor Cal will coast through this for much longer. And no, I don't mean that in some kind of insane/sinister way like every internet baby wants to assume. Just saying we can and WILL make noise.

We can absolutely change the tenor of things, and will. Neither Mitch nor Cal will coast through this for much longer. And no, I don't mean that in some kind of insane/sinister way like every internet baby wants to assume. Just saying we can and WILL make noise.
Go for it man,I really do hope you are successful. I never meant to imply that our fans should be silent on what's happening, I just feel the people running things don't care what we think.

Go for it man,I really do hope you are successful. I never meant to imply that our fans should be silent on what's happening, I just feel the people running things don't care what we think.
You're probably right. And I respect you. I'm at least going to make my voice heard.

holy hell, you gotta be shitting me

I thought that was a parody account so I looked it up

YYj03Fp.jpeg

The Award recognizes the lifetime achievement of coaches who exemplify Coach Wooden’s high standards of coaching success and personal achievement. When selecting the individual, the Wooden Award Committee considers a coach’s character, success rate on the court, graduating rate of student athletes, his coaching philosophy and his identification with the goals of the John R. Wooden Award.
Good God!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT