ADVERTISEMENT

Cal declines to come onto KSR

This poster knows exactly what they are doing. If you notice, there's never an argument, to support Cal, using any evidence. There isn't a debate of facts on why Cal is actually doing his job well. No. This poster is only griping about fan behavior. They take it personal, much like an attack against a friend or colleague. So, instead of debating or defending with facts, they deflect and make it all about our behavior.
Hence my comment about checking himself in. These guys have gotten so ''attachted'' to a basketball coach they can't let go. It's embarrasing really. This same guy also went on a deranged rant about how I'm the dead poster @Wall2Boogie. Dude is nuts.

Matt is a Duke educated attorney.
Cal is a HoF Coach.

Neither of these guys are idiots. There are things I like about both. By any means of measurement, both are successful in very competitive fields.

Matt knew Cal was unlikely to come on because he hasn't come on KSR in a long time. So declining isn't a new thing, its old news. Not news at all.

And Cal missed an opportunity to be a bigger man, to start fresh, and maybe clear the air with KSR. No doubt he feels they need to make the first gesture to him. But compromise and peace are found through humility and putting hurt behind us. Cal may have the power and position that he doesn't have to offer the first step. But his faith teaches him he should.
Dead on balls accurate assessment of the situation.

Matt and his gang are such hypocrites. They bash Cal for making fun of and talking down to UK fans then they do the same thing. Matt uses his "hillbilly" accent when portraying a caller or someone on social media who disagrees with them. They also talk about how people spread rumors about Matt as facts and they do the exact same thing. I have heard them spreading stuff that is totally a rumor and passing it off as a fact. They think because they have a "Facts are optional" mantra that clears them of it I guess.
This is my main beef with Matt. I have put up with the hillbilly bullshit from people for decades. Matt’s hillbilly schtick only infuriates me. I truly believe they do put some callers on solely to make fun of them. Fine but KSR loses credibility when they do the same as Cal.

Now KSR is still a significant outlet touching a lot of fans—especially fans like me that live outside the Commonwealth. Cal and the administration have some significant mending to do with the fanbase. While most are not mega donors, the masses still impact the lifeblood that is UK basketball and Cal should be doing all he can to reunite the fanbase versus the middle finger he is giving them.

Reactions: gobigblue812
Some of these posts, basically supporting Cal for not speaking directly with the fan base on MJ's show because the hatred for his show is absolutely laughable. Stop changing the narrative.
Whether you like MJ or not, that's not the issue. Cal IS the issue.

Just for the record, I rarely listen to his show, but I would for a Cal interview.

Because like them or hate them they are the biggest daily show for UK fans. If you have to ask why a coach would want to talk to the fans idk what to tell you. Why did they have to have a press conference announcing him coming back? obviously they know the fans are pissed, the right move would be to honestly answer questions the fan base has of him if he wants to fix the relationship. Sitting in his ivory tower isn't going to help anything its just the same old shit. Same assistant coaches, worse freshman class coming in.
And all this bitching and moaning did what, exactly? Not a damned thing....

So Jones invites him on, KNOWING he'll decline so he can announce it, get clicks and play the victim ?

Jones is a lowlife IMO.
He said today: People always accuse him of not even asking Cal to come on the show. How can he come on if you don't ask him.

Then he asks: And he's a bad guy for asking.

So, you're bad if you ask him. You're bad if you don't ask him.

Maybe the coach that gets paid 9 million to lose 11 games a year refusing questions is the problem.

So Jones invites him on, KNOWING he'll decline so he can announce it, get clicks and play the victim ?

Jones is a lowlife IMO.
There are a couple of ways to look at it. First, there's your way...and maybe MJ is doing just this - get clicks and play the victim. Or, he could be reaching the hand out and giving Calipari a conduit to the fans?

Either way, Calipari isn't going to answer a question the way fans want to hear. The fans want results on the court...not in an interview.

There's no way you believe all that bull$hit you just wrote. 😂 You think Matt Jones invited Cal onto his show for you, Joe Fan, to hear him? Get the fvck outta here. Everything Matt Jones does is for Matt Jones. I think Cal needs to go also, but I'd tell MJ to go fvck himself too if I was Cal.

If Cal was actually gonna change, wanted this to work, and wanted to coach here for the remainder of his contract, he would have came on the show to empathize with fans. That's why he needed to go on the radio. We're a week or two into the off-season, and we all already know that Cal isn't changing a damn thing. We're gonna watch another train wreck on repeat next season. Let's watch Groundhog Day for the 4th ****in time in a row.

I hate it, but Cal literally told us that he is NOT changing his approach, and that it will be the same 24/7. He's trying to get as many guys into the league as possible, what happens at UK DOES NOT MATTER TO CALIPARI as long as he keeps his job so that he can continue his mission.
Too bad that UK is the ONLY school that can get them into the League. A rational person would think that all major schools could offer the same opportunity. I guess we're just "special" like that. Pun intended.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Also read where he's not making in staff changes, WTF..What the hell did he and Barnfart meet about?
But honestly, it’s a pretty common opinion throughout basketball circles that Cal is a lame duck coach. Why would any quality assistant that is already employed leave his position to jump on a sinking ship for one year ? I would LOVE it if Cal made no changes. Probably realizes he only has one more year so why appease Barnhart with making changes. Or, it will just make it easier for Barnhart to ax his ass next year. I’m happy either way.

LOL as if you legitimately want to hear from Cal. Spoiler alert, there is nothing he could say that you be happy with, you will cry and meltdown no matter what he says. Karen’s desperately seeking opportunities to meltdown is hilarious.

Is your username indicative of Cals size? Which you seem to be aware of?

In all seriousness… Jesus man. You act like 90% of the posters on this board are uneducated idiots for being upset both with Calipari and the state of the program. It’s like you’ve dug your heels in so much that you refuse to ever in any way criticize Cal or agree with the many level headed arguments and criticisms of Calipari.

Do you truly believe we are headed in the right direction as a program? Do you truly not feel the last 5 years have been trash? You don’t see how Calipari talks down to fans? Seriously?

Totally agree, but his tweet did exactly what he wanted it to do. He knew Cal wouldn’t come on and we wanted people to hate him more, so he set the bait. The OP loves posting tweets that he knows will make people seethe about Cal. He had to be salivating to run over here and post this one, Sick pleasure I guess. Matt Jones is a disgrace.

I gotta admit. Your steadfast commitment to Calipari is something to behold. It really is.

You continue to support and write scathing comments about fans critical of Calipari despite how idiotic and uneducated it makes you sound.

Is your username indicative of Cals size? Which you seem to be aware of?

In all seriousness… Jesus man. You act like 90% of the posters on this board are uneducated idiots for being upset both with Calipari and the state of the program. It’s like you’ve dug your heels in so much that you refuse to ever in any way criticize Cal or agree with the many level headed arguments and criticisms of Calipari.

Do you truly believe we are headed in the right direction as a program? Do you truly not feel the last 5 years have been trash? You don’t see how Calipari talks down to fans? Seriously?
Nope, being upset with the state of the program and Cal are justified. The daily ignorant nonsense isn’t. The lies and rumors put out on a daily basis aren’t justified. Being a toxic and shutting on everyone who still supports UK basketball despite being upset with Cal isn’t. Seems like many of you want us to fail simply because you hate Cal. Many of you also trash players on a daily basis but the word someone says something about y’all here comes the entire mob full of rage. You can’t even have a discussion about recruits without the mob coming in and ruining it because their hatred of Cal.

The funniest part is people have been constructively criticizing Cal’s coaching, stagnant offense, grind it out end of game situations for years and we’re shouted down by the same mob who trash him now in the most toxic way possible.

I'm doing with the hoops program , I considered cancelling my football tickets over it . I wont be watching games next season , no fired up discussions come Nov , No excitement for the recruits ( like the fun of watching Reed and Rob grow up) They can have it . Done .

I’m glad Cal did this because Matt would end up feeling he has to sugar coat everything all season long because he has a new relationship with Cal on friendly terms. UK needs the top radio show being brutally honest and not kissing a coaches butt …

People on the most part are flipping sheep and it’s crazy to the degree people follow the leader…. It would do UK more harm
If people heard Matt kissing up to cal now

Hence my comment about checking himself in. These guys have gotten so ''attachted'' to a basketball coach they can't let go. It's embarrasing really. This same guy also went on a deranged rant about how I'm the dead poster @Wall2Boogie. Dude is nuts.

Or they are rival fans lovin’ every minute watching our program go down in flames.

It's odd to see some of the people that say they hate his guts then say he needs to go on a hack's show and mend the fences. Nothing he could say would be good enough for him so they are just throwing a fit about him not going on Matt's pathetic show to justify their hatred for him. Fake outrage, bascially. Lots of that garbage going on these days. lol smh
If you gambled away your household savings there would be nothing you could say good enough for your spouse, that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to them, or talk or try to repair your relationship going forward.

I don't think anyone will see hear Cal speaking in public anytime soon unless it is some fundraiser so he can feel good about himself. The man is just here to collect his retirement money.
Damn how much he need, I could live off 1 year of his income for nearly a lifetime

He’s to busy preparing for draft night, you know the greatest night of the year for UK.

I'm just surprised no one in the media is willing to call Calipari out.

Every post game interview is still them nodding their head to whatever Cal wants to say.

Its time for reporters to stop asking him about X's and O's and start asking him if he has any accountability for tanking the UK program.

Expecting him to give anything more than the interview on TV seems like you are looking for reasons to hate him and there’s nothing he could say anyway to make some happy. You want him to beg for mercy and that’s delusional.
Yeah, okay. Just keep ASSuming that is what I think. I am just looking for a coach who GAF about their awesome fanbase and tradition of my University.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Can someone please explain to me how Cal is able to skip out on so many PC's? Is that not in his contract and a huge portion of his salary? How can he just choose to not do them? Is that not a deriliction of duty? It's not like he's skipping them to go coach up his team or watch film so we know he's skipping them to avoid the tough questions.

Why does Mitch not step in and DEMAND that Cal do them? Tell him these are not optional. Is there something in Cal's contract that says he doesn't have to do them?

I'm failing to understand this.

If Cal was actually gonna change, wanted this to work, and wanted to coach here for the remainder of his contract, he would have came on the show to empathize with fans. That's why he needed to go on the radio. We're a week or two into the off-season, and we all already know that Cal isn't changing a damn thing. We're gonna watch another train wreck on repeat next season. Let's watch Groundhog Day for the 4th ****in time in a row.
Cal has gotten a lot of $hit wrong, and I'm ok with a change. But I applaud him for not going on that prick's show. It's killing Jones and I'm here for it.

• Love
Reactions: RuppnRoll
Cal has gotten a lot of $hit wrong, and I'm ok with a change. But I applaud him for not going on that prick's show. It's killing Jones and I'm here for it.

It's not about Cal or KSR at this point. It's about this program and the fans, and what is best for it all moving forward. Cal is only thinking about himself, which has been the case for 4 years now.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope both Jones and Calipari have a horrible end to their careers. They both deserve nothing but the worst. Both snake oil salesmen. Both selfish. Both completely insane politically.
Jones could spontaneously combust and I wouldn't care. But to wish for Cal to have a horrible end to his career is actively wishing for UK to fail, and I would never do that regardless of how I felt about the coach.

Jones could spontaneously combust and I wouldn't care. But to wish for Cal to have a horrible end to his career is actively wishing for UK to fail, and I would never do that regardless of how I felt about the coach.
I know how much fun it is to play the "no true Scotsman" game but look...I cheer for UK in EVERY game and always have. I don't care to prove that to you, but it's true. My whole family is UK all the way and I care far more about us winning than me being "right."

I just know that Cal has been toast for at least five years (coincidentally or not, since he signed the lifetime extension) and it isn't going to get better. So arguing these kind of semantics is just stale. Can we get past it? You know he's done as much as I do.

I know how much fun it is to play the "no true Scotsman" game but look...I cheer for UK in EVERY game and always have. I don't care to prove that to you, but it's true. My whole family is UK all the way and I care far more about us winning than me being "right."

I just know that Cal has been toast for at least five years (coincidentally or not, since he signed the lifetime extension) and it isn't going to get better. So arguing these kind of semantics is just stale. Can we get past it? You know he's done as much as I do.
I do know he's done, and have said it's time for a change if you can get the right guy. But to state you hope Cal fails miserably at the end of his career is contradictory to your last post. Just pointing out that the coach doesn't dictate my fandom. Been watching the Cats since 1976, so I will hope that each coach is wildly successful because that means the Cats are wildly successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT