ADVERTISEMENT

Cal bringing in some shooters …2 new frosh names

So, we’re suppose to get excited about 3 star recruits who were committed to Ole Miss and UCF. I’d be okay if these guys were end of the bench players recruited for a couple years down the road. But, we need guys who can compete right now…..this isn’t the answer.

Pretty sure these guys would be the 10th and 11th men if they come here.

I looked before posting …article was just posted …I see quite a few Reeves threads but none on these guys …but please delete if applicable
The articles are new, the subject is not. There are several threads discussing information regarding the possible recruiting targets that the staff is gunning for. This should belong in those threads.

The mods aren’t going to delete this thread because as far as I know it’s not in violation of any written board rules. It just feels like a “hey looks at me!” Kinda thread given you could’ve just posted the articles in a thread discussing the subject.

It’s a personal pet peeve of mine. I’m not trying to suggest anything about you as a person.

The articles are new, the subject is not. There are several threads discussing information regarding the possible recruiting targets that the staff is gunning for. This should belong in those threads.

The mods aren’t going to delete this thread because as far as I know it’s not in violation of any written board rules. It just feels like a “hey looks at me!” Kinda thread given you could’ve just posted the articles in a thread discussing the subject.

It’s a personal pet peeve of mine. I’m not trying to suggest anything about you as a person.
Ok no problem …but if you’re referencing that Travis Graf thread I’m not reading through 8 pages to see if I can find these guys names …yeah I like talking sports but I’m well past the age of look at me …I don’t know who Travis Graf is either .

Man, if personal pet peeves regarding message board etiquette cause you to write that much and feel that strongly perhaps you need to touch grass, it’s time for a reality check.

Man, if personal pet peeves regarding message board etiquette cause you to write that much and feel that strongly perhaps you need to touch grass, it’s time for a reality check.
I didn’t write that much though? I think it looks like more than it is because of how narrow the posts are. It was a whopping 6 sentences. If that’s long to you I would suggest staying away from libraries.

Why are you being so rude to me? I told the OP that it was a personal pet peev and made sure to clear up I wasn’t trying to be mean to him. And your response was to tell me to “touch grass” and get a reality check.

If something as civil as my post causes you to become this rude to people you’ve never met maybe you’re the one who should step away from the keyboard.

So, we’re suppose to get excited about 3 star recruits who were committed to Ole Miss and UCF. I’d be okay if these guys were end of the bench players recruited for a couple years down the road. But, we need guys who can compete right now…..this isn’t the answer.
What exactly do you want? Starter quality players to come in and sit behind our frosh? Or lose our frosh because we bring in starter quality players to play in front of them? Maybe these guys can compete right now, we don't know for sure, but we aren't going to be 10 deep with 10 superstars. It just doesn't work that way. Some of our fans believe roll players should be All Americans lol

We have 6 open scholarships. Sounds like a good pickup assuming he actually sticks around for 4 years.

Reactions: Kybluedude

Yeah let's get younger in the age of the portal and covid year.

I don't think Cow thought this through. I think he thought #1 class, beat Dook and coach DJ and took his eye off the all important ball. Then thought woah we're losing 8 and gaining 5, oh shit. Well 9 mil and Little House on the Prairie is getting interesting. Hey Lance you're leaving?

Take Out Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

This smells like Cal leaving some scraps for the next HC. He knows he is done.
From your mouth to God's ears, imo. IIRC, the clause in Cal's contract where he can leave and get a guaranteed million per year from UK kicks in next year. I think it makes sense for all involved that he retire with the world's best pension and everyone starts a new chapter.

As for these recruits, it is what it is. We need at least 3 more players just to practice (4 if Klutch has Bradshaw manifest fake injuries and sit out). We should have brought in those players from the transfer portal but we can't now so we have to deal with what we can get.

It will be a great opportunity for some players who would have never worn UK blue otherwise, sort of like when Billy Clyde had 40 man rosters.

Last edited:
If he can get Joey Hart who shoots 41% of threes,freshman or not, and still get Reeves back, then good for him. But a big, strong, and experienced man up front is a must if the team is to do any good at all. Otherwise those young, weak and inexperienced men will be in trouble.

Scraps. They'll just be bodies to keep us from playing the walk ons when the fab freshmen foul out, get injured, or just quit mid season.

Reactions: Catfan2226
But, but, but.... we onlllly have 7 players!! What a re we going to do???? We onlly have 7 player!!

Gotta keep the whine consistent so everyone can keep up.

How many stars should your practice players have? As soon as the roster is full the Cal hare cult will be whining that the practice players aren't all americans.

Yeah let's get younger in the age of the portal and covid year.

I don't think Cow thought this through. I think he thought #1 class, beat Dook and coach DJ and took his eye off the all important ball. Then thought woah we're losing 8 and gaining 5, oh shit. Well 9 mil and Little House on the Prairie is getting interesting. Hey Lance you're leaving?

Take Out Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski
No, he planned for all scenarios....didn't you read his message 🤬

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT