ADVERTISEMENT

Cal a Few Minutes Ago “Obviously, with a couple maybe I didn’t do as good a job as I thought I did.’

“I have empathy,” Cal said. “I understand what this program is about. I think, again, that’s what makes it what it is, and that’s why I tell players, this isn’t for everybody because the expectations are so high.

“The same with coaching. It’s not for everybody. This thing is — there’s a high expectation level, and it is Kentucky. You put that on. The other team is going to play out of their minds, and they’re going to play like they have nothing to lose. That means you’ve got to play that way.”

“So, yeah, I understand it, but, you know, my concern are these kids, and I tried to keep what you are saying off of them,” Calipari said of pressure and expectations. “Obviously, with a couple maybe I didn’t do as good a job as I thought I did. I wanted them to just play, have fun, enjoy the experience. You know, make the plays you make, take what they give you.”

Reactions: Philstat
I remember when Cal came in talking about catching UCLA, gold standard, super bowl, undefeated seasons, etc.

Now he acts like he’s more of a guidance counselor for the players. Long ways from a guy who called T. Jones a mfer live during a game.

I remember when Cal came in talking about catching UCLA, gold standard, super bowl, undefeated seasons, etc.

Now he acts like he’s more of a guidance counselor for the players. Long ways from a guy who called T. Jones a mfer live during a game.
Go back if you can find it he is chewing out his top rebounder at UMASS before Camby was on the team. Can't remember the big guys name.
Cal is litterly chewing his ass out the entire time out. YOU GOT 1 REBOUND 1 MFER 1. REBOUND MFER OR YOUR ASS WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN.
That's the Cal that came here in 09. He is long gone. Fat lazy and watching LHOTP now and petting dogs.

Yea Calipari what could go wrong when you’re telling your players that it’s all just a game go out there and just enjoy being here.

This guy is a comedy act.

Some men can’t handle money, and Calipari is one of them. He can’t handle success.

entire act is old as dinosaur crap .. make up a false/ semi false / maybe true show cause and fire his ass . This fan base , the entirety of BBN has had enough of this jerk . Send him out to pasture !!!

“I have empathy,” Cal said. “I understand what this program is about. I think, again, that’s what makes it what it is, and that’s why I tell players, this isn’t for everybody because the expectations are so high.

“The same with coaching. It’s not for everybody. This thing is — there’s a high expectation level, and it is Kentucky. You put that on. The other team is going to play out of their minds, and they’re going to play like they have nothing to lose. That means you’ve got to play that way.”

“So, yeah, I understand it, but, you know, my concern are these kids, and I tried to keep what you are saying off of them,” Calipari said of pressure and expectations. “Obviously, with a couple maybe I didn’t do as good a job as I thought I did. I wanted them to just play, have fun, enjoy the experience. You know, make the plays you make, take what they give you.”
He seriously needs to GTFO out of Lexington if he's telling players "because the expectations are so high". That clown is not UK-first. He's literally telling these kids "I wouldn't play here if you're looking to have fun playing basketball". Why is he even recruiting kids that have to be told to suck it buttercup? Please, get this clown away from UK.

He’s not paid to teach players how to enjoy themselves and how to have fun.

1. It’s basketball, if they aren’t having fun, they shouldn’t be here.

2. Winning is fun. Losing is not fun. Calipari wanting them to just “have fun” isn’t going to result in happiness. Playing the game you love as hard as you can, winning, and being put in a position to win is fun.

3. Calipari continues to create a new job for himself. He’s paid to win to the standard of Kentucky; period. These are not “his kids”, they have parents. You’re their GD coach you arrogant SOB.

When is someone at UK going to explain his job to him and set him out?

He’s not paid to teach players how to enjoy themselves and how to have fun.

1. It’s basketball, if they aren’t having fun, they shouldn’t be here.

2. Winning is fun. Losing is not fun. Calipari wanting them to just “have fun” isn’t going to result in happiness. Playing the game you love as hard as you can, winning, and being put in a position to win is fun.

3. Calipari continues to create a new job for himself. He’s paid to win to the standard of Kentucky; period. These are not “his kids”, they have parents. You’re their GD coach you SOB.

When is someone at UK going to explain his job to him and set him out?
The point I was making is that you can have fun excelling at what you do, beating your opponents into oblivion. That's not the "fun" he's teaching. You can have fun getting better so that you can destroy your opponents. Instead his guys are quitting, pouting and generally not buying in. We all see it. That Kansas State team is definitely "buying in".

Reactions: Gromcat

THIS. Cal isn’t the same guy. His comment to Ellen after winning the title of “glad that’s out of the way” was when it started. At that point he shifted to being a guidance counselor not caring about winning as much.

We had enough momentum to carry into the next few years at that high level. But Fox blatantly said Cal didn’t care at all about winning in college and everything was focused on the NBA and life.

I’ll never say BBN isn’t a demanding fanbase, we are; but Cal came in with all kinds of high expectations he set. Then he doesn’t live up to them, and pushes it off on the fans. It’s annoying, and he act is tiring.
Well he certainly wasn't hired to be average....or below average for that matter.

GBB!

The point I was making is that you can have fun excelling at what you do, beating your opponents into oblivion. That's not the "fun" he's teaching. You can have fun getting better so that you can destroy your opponents. Instead his guys are quitting, pouting and generally not buying in. We all see it. That Kansas State team is definitely "buying in".

If I quoted you I didn’t mean to. I was making a general statement.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Yea Calipari what could go wrong when you’re telling your players that it’s all just a game go out there and just enjoy being here.

This guy is a comedy act.

Some men can’t handle money, and Calipari is one of them. He can’t handle success.
Spot on take.

What's next? "Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate? K-State, K-State, whooooooo!"

GBB!

• Haha
Yeah that was Cals timeout play, Reeves cut to the middle with piss running down your leg and throw it off the top of the backboard

Reactions: willievic
This is a promise. I don’t care if and and my wife are n church, the grocery store, buying a car and test driving…

I hear those words and she gets porked right then and there. Wherever we are.
Just showed your post to my wife. Thanks a lot. I mean, at my age it’s monthly anyway. Looking forward to Fourth of July.

• Haha

The first red flag appeared when he said getting five guys in the first round draft was the biggestvday in UK history. No Cal it wasn't. Won't ever be.

Tell your wife she married a fine man!! Twice a month at least, come on!
Ahh, I married up and I know it. I’m lucky. She has lived with my disdain for Calipari for the past eight years, never cut me off. But, like you, it’s getting real when I hear those words. I warned her. She wants him gone now and she hates basketball lol.

Ahh, I married up and I know it. I’m lucky. She has lived with my disdain for Calipari for the past eight years, never cut me off. But, like you, it’s getting real when I hear those words. I warned her. She wants him gone now and she hates basketball lol.

Wouldn’t doubt you married up. I couldn’t imagine what she’s dealt with, just trying to make you feel better!

And your father apparently married up in baseball!! You should have listened to his wisdom!!!

Reactions: Backer cutter

Sadly, the enforcer nows gets enforced.

Just showed your post to my wife. Thanks a lot. I mean, at my age it’s monthly anyway. Looking forward to Fourth of July.
Backer cutter, you old country boy. Wait until you are 83, and it's once a quarter, but it sure is good then. When in college, I could lay 1,000 stick on the ground in 8 hours, six on a stick, in the bluegrass.

Reactions: Backer cutter
Wouldn’t doubt you married up. I couldn’t imagine what she’s dealt with, just trying to make you feel better!

And your father apparently married up in baseball!! You should have listened to his wisdom!!!
You lost me with my father comment. He passed last year man.

I thought you said he was a cardinals fan? And you went Braves?

My condolences. Lots of meaning gets lost in translation.
Gotcha. Yes and yes. Sorry, that was the farthest thing from my mind. I’m thinking getting laid, you’re talking baseball. Was thinking batter up maybe.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT