ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s Going to Return. Deal with it.

I for one gave Cal a chance to turn it around, I gave him 5 years. Last year I said if Cal does not get a final four at minimum he should be fired. No more chances.
Jay Wright
Mark Few
Scott Drew
Bill Self

These are some of the top coaches in the game,and they would be on the hot seat with the type of fans on here with their resumes particularly in March.

Predictable. All cherry picked stats, ad hominem attacks, and gibberish. Not one valid argument. All of you will be back next year and Rupp will continue to be filled with fans.

Cal has won more tournament games in March since 2010 than anyone, but it’s not good enough. The more disturbing stat is a loud contingent of the fanbase has called for the firing of every coach after Pitino ditched the program for a failed pro career. That’s really going to attract great coaching talent. “Come to UK where you can win a title, hang multiple final four banners, and the fans will still hate you.
You want some knee pads? Vaseline? Just let me know what all you need. I’ve never done stuff with a dude before, so I’m not really sure what you might need this week.

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
Get it out of your system and cope. Cal’s coming back and despite the loss, his resume over the last ten years is better than 99% of the D1 coaching field.

People who want to throw that away and gamble on someone who is unproven because they’re impatient are a joke. This is the nature of today’s game when the best talent in the game leaves early or bypasses it altogether. If you can’t deal with it, find another hobby to invest your time in.

Cal will very likely return but this is complete horse sh*t otherwise. You just cannot lose in a 2/15 at UK. There is no excuse, zero. My worst nightmare.

He went 4 corners against Saint Peters...3 minutes left up 6. Unacceptable.

1. Recruited multiple NBA draft picks including 3 top overalls
2. Most March wins over the past 10’years
3. Developed Josh Harrelson, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller, etc
4. National title
5. Runner up
6. 4 Final Fours
7. Tied for most wins in a season
8. Multiple SEC regular and conference tournament championships

How’s that for specifics?

1.) True, this isn't the NBA though, so you gonna tell me that the draft was the biggest night in UK history too?
2.) Once again, cherry picked data. If Cal were an arrow, he'd be six inches off the ground.
3.) Good examples, also from the actual good Cal years, I'm seeing a trend. 2015 was our last final four and we've had extremely favorable brackets in 18 & 19.
4.) Always a good thing.
5.) Ok?
6.) Oh, we're still stuck in 2015.
7) We're still stuck in 2015 when our starting 5 all went pro and lost to the fighting SAM DEKKERS!
8.) Last won a tourney in 2018, regular season in 2020

Even Cal will tell you #8 doesn't matter. Do you want to address how he's coached since 2015 or just live in the past? I'd take about 10 coaches over him today and might be convinced to take Shaheen Holloway after tonight.

Majority of what you posted is what happened in the first half of his career here. He hasn't done shit of late, that's why the fans are riled up. If you're not passionate about winning that's the only reason you'd keep him.
Before COVID hit, he had 2 elite 8’s (a final four likely if not for suspiciously awful officiating against UNC) and a sweet 16 and was positioned for a good run in 2020. Cal can be criticized for this season’s finish, but to just say it’s time for a change is ridiculous. Two more seasons of first weekend exits and not winning the conference and then you can have this conversation.

Before COVID hit, he had 2 elite 8’s (a final four likely if not for suspiciously awful officiating against UNC) and a sweet 16 and was positioned for a good run in 2020. Cal can be criticized for this season’s finish, but to just say it’s time for a change is ridiculous. Two more seasons of first weekend exits and not winning the conference and then you can have this conversation.

So you're OK with rock fight basketball, being rude during interviews (this bugs me more than anything), not doing half his job (watching tape, changing D, OOB plays, using timeouts), employing his buddies and making a ton of money but not producing on the floor, etc?

This loss tonight is the culmination of 6 years of really questionable basketball. I can't think of a single approach to basketball in 2022 that Cal gets right.

He also lost the other elite eight to a hampered Auburn team pulling the same stunts he did tonight and in 2015 and in every other loss we've had in the tournament. 2017 Higgins' game was a work. Outside of that, he's been flat terrible and outcoached at every turn.

I'm not gonna convince you otherwise so this is pointless, I'll just remember this post. I don't think you're an actual fan but that's ok. What pisses me off more about tonight's loss it should make me more angry than ever. But I'm kinda just whatever about it. Stuck in a state of helplessness

Screw it, I’ll say it…. A lot of his projected NBA superstars that leave suck in the NBA and don’t amount for shit

Screw it, I’ll say it…. A lot of his projected NBA superstars that leave suck in the NBA and don’t amount for shit

This is absolutely false and is still bad for Cal. Maxey, Quickley, Shai, Bam, Herro, Kat, and nearly every other top draft pick we've had in the past decade look COMPLETELY different in the NBA when they get to play modern basketball and not clog the paint AND DRIVE BS we do here.

Have yet to hear a realistic name mentioned in here. Curious.
I have to assume you are a member of the calipari family which is cool that you post here but you had to know tonight was a bad night to be online. We had our worst season ever last year followed up with our most experienced team in a long time having the worst lost in program history. There isn’t much to defend right now in favor of Cal being the savior of UK basketball, but you already know that.

for your names who knows. The truth is since rupp Kentucky has had 6 coaches, the only two who didn’t win a title were drunks, so history says as long as they don’t hire a drunk they will win a title. I can imagine for $10 million a year they could find someone though.

calipari did not make Kentucky and Kentucky would be just fine without him.

I don’t see any scenario where cal leaves though so it is a moot point.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Get it out of your system and cope. Cal’s coming back and despite the loss, his resume over the last ten years is better than 99% of the D1 coaching field.

People who want to throw that away and gamble on someone who is unproven because they’re impatient are a joke. This is the nature of today’s game when the best talent in the game leaves early or bypasses it altogether. If you can’t deal with it, find another hobby to invest your time in.
With the shit product Cal is putting out, there will be plenty of fans following other hobbies. It has already begun.

Realistic in the sense that they would come here? Maybe not for Stevens or Lloyd. But nearly every other coach would listen to an offer from UK. You're either severely diminishing what you think about UK, which appears on brand for you, or are trolling if you think otherwise.
STOP DODGING THE QUESTION with your useless rambling and name some names with a coherent explanation.

You want some knee pads? Vaseline? Just let me know what all you need. I’ve never done stuff with a dude before, so I’m not really sure what you might need this week.
A lot of posters making these weird allusions exactly like this in here. Not sure why this is the first place your mind goes on something that has nothing to do with the topic. Please remember to stay 1000 feet away from schools and parks.

Thank god BBN can probably speed that up just a lil bit. We are a HUGE fan base and we ALL have social media....if you don't think we can't make him uncomfortable enough to wanna walk, then put me in your time warp so I can go back to them good old days.
Lol. The pitter patter of your little fingers on your keyboard is accomplishing nothing except providing some cope for you.

Last night is indefensible.

In the last 10 years we've missed the tournament 2 times and lost in the 1st round to a 15 seed. We have not won an NCAA tournament game since 2019.

1.) True, this isn't the NBA though, so you gonna tell me that the draft was the biggest night in UK history too?
2.) Once again, cherry picked data. If Cal were an arrow, he'd be six inches off the ground.
3.) Good examples, also from the actual good Cal years, I'm seeing a trend. 2015 was our last final four and we've had extremely favorable brackets in 18 & 19.
4.) Always a good thing.
5.) Ok?
6.) Oh, we're still stuck in 2015.
7) We're still stuck in 2015 when our starting 5 all went pro and lost to the fighting SAM DEKKERS!
8.) Last won a tourney in 2018, regular season in 2020

Even Cal will tell you #8 doesn't matter. Do you want to address how he's coached since 2015 or just live in the past? I'd take about 10 coaches over him today and might be convinced to take Shaheen Holloway after tonight.
One of the biggest gripes during The Tubby era was bad recruiting. Now attracting great players is irrelevant.

2 is NOT cherry picked data. Cal started at UK in 2010 and has had the most wins in March since. LOL WTF? Cherry picked data is completing ignoring his resume after 2015.

In the last 10 years we've missed the tournament 2 times and lost in the 1st round to a 15 seed. We have not won an NCAA tournament game since 2019.
And the other years it’s been titles, final fours, conference championships, domination of UofL, etc. Seriously the cherry picking and delusion in here is off the charts.

He hasn’t won a tournament game since 2019 for two of those previous years there was something you may have heard of called COVID that outright cancelled the tournament or caused a major disruption to a season. SMH. It’s hilarious I had said this in a previous post as a joke but fans like you are actually blaming him for COVID. Clown.

Reactions: jrc333
And the other years it’s been titles, final fours, conference championships, domination of UofL, etc. Seriously the cherry picking and delusion in here is off the charts.

He hasn’t won a tournament game since 2019 for two of those previous years there was something you may have heard of called COVID that outright cancelled the tournament or caused a major disruption to a season. SMH. It’s hilarious I had said this in a previous post as a joke but fans like you are actually blaming him for COVID. Clown.

Cherry picking what? You said in theast 10 years. We haven't won a game in the tournament since 2019. You're a ****ing fledged moron.

This isn't a matter of the players. This is the coaching.

We just lost last night the same way we lost against Wisconsin 7 years ago. Stall ball.

I have defended Cal multiple times. We've had some good teams and I will be a fan for life but I have totally lost trust and faith in Cal.

He talked about loose and free all week. What is loose and free about stall ball and trying to run clock out.? When you have more talent and the best player end it by scoring.

Last edited:
Bingo. Yeah that’s the original point of the thread. Thanks for indirectly agreeing that all the “FARR Cal” posts are a waste of energy.
That is correct, but do you actually support cal at this point because you think he is a great coach and can win big or are you just saying well we can’t get rid of him so just accept it?

If only we had kept Coach Rupp. His glory days of the '40's and '50's were more than enough to justify keeping him here well past the '70's. If not for those nasty fans knee-jerk reaction to him slipping a bit, he would still be here today riding the waves of early success that earned him the right to stay as long as he wanted to.

At the start of the next postseason, it will be 11 years since our last title, 8 years since our last Final Four, and four years (1500 days to be exact) since our last NCAA tourney win. How patient should we be?

This isn't a matter of the players. This is the coaching.

We just lost last night the same way we lost against Wisconsin 7 years ago. Stall ball.

I have defended Cal multiple times. We've had some good teams and I will be a fan for life but I have totally lost trust and faith in Cal.

He talked about loose and free all week. What is loose and free about stall ball and trying to run clock out.? When you have more talent and the best player end it by scoring.
And no answer to a basic zone like his first team 12 years ago.

Your comment I highlighted sums up where I am at the moment

But the OP is right, he will be here next year. We can't afford the buyout and he won't leave

Jay Wright
Mark Few
Scott Drew
Bill Self

These are some of the top coaches in the game,and they would be on the hot seat with the type of fans on here with their resumes particularly in March.
I get what you're saying but the only one that's on equal ground is Kansas (who has underperformed in the postseason historically). The others are nowhere close to our resources or prestige.

Gonzaga (an enrollment of 7,400 students) is a WCC team who had no success whatsoever before the 1999 Elite 8 run under Dan Monson. Few has completely built a program from that. Jay Wright took over a program (student enrollment is 7K students) that had five straight seasons of 10+ losses and had not been to the Sweet 16 since their Cinderella run in 1985. Scott Drew took over a program whose last NCAA Tournament win was 1950.

What is great about coaches like Wright and Few is they get guys who fit a system. They don't try to build all-star teams. They have role players to go with the occasional star. Now take that same mentality and now give them the Kentucky resources and prestige and things look a lot different than being at Baylor or a small private school.

Do you get all tingly swinging around on Cals nut sack?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT