ADVERTISEMENT

C’mon Mitch- update on Canada tv/radio

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
UK athletics please update us on possible radio and tv coverage for the tourney!

Are you working on tv for it? Throw us a bone or at least let us know if it’s being discussed.

Radio only?

JMI going to get the games for us?

Do you need sponsors to bring it back here?

Cmon- say something!

You can also watch it on Sports Net which Hulu, Fubo, DirectTV, Peacock and some other US providers have. Last year it was on ESPN +, but so far it hasn't been arranged.

I have directv and have never heard of Sports Net. I hope this is true
To my knowledge, Sports Net is not on Direct TV unless it is part of one of their hundreds of little esoteric pay-extra packages. I have accepted that I will probably not be able to watch the Toronto games. If it turns out otherwise at the last minute, pleasant surprise. Maybe. With this coach, you never know what to expect.

I do not yet know how Cal plans to get through an entire college basketball season with only 3 baseline players, one of whom is recovering from surgery for a broken foot. That is the main reason I would watch if I could. The hype over Wagner can resolve itself soon enough one way or another. We are not lacking for guards.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Sportsnet is available on DirectTV, but after more googling, its local to New York area. As well as other providers showing locally. Mostly cities with NBA, Hockey and other sports team that compete with Canadian teams.

I usually check streaming available on the same day as the event. I've found a lot streaming on free Youtube. I imagine ESPN is working on getting it available and I expect it to be on the SEC/SEC+ network.

Expecting Barnhart to show consideration for the Legion of UK Basketball Fans is a bit much , he hasnt for years

Expecting Barnhart to show consideration for the Legion of UK Basketball Fans is a bit much , he hasnt for years
When did Mitch Barnhart buy a TV network? I must have missed that.

And you must have missed this. Barnhart is a UK employee. That's his job, and he does it well enough that he is considered one of the best ADs by professionals who understand these issues. You do not understand what Barnhart's job really entails, and you do not represent the legions of UK basketball fans anymore than any other single individual does. Barnhart is an example of the old proverb that says you don't know what you have until it is lost. He does all the dirty work behind the scenes, takes all the heat, and never makes a big deal about it.

There's a way to watch it online but you will have to go through a couple of steps.....

As far as i know, it will be on SportsNet out of Canada, if you have a good IPTV service or a place that offers the channel on cable/sat service you are out of luck until they say differently about another channel.

1.) Go to https://secure.snnow.ca/pricing?ro=true#plan-comparison... when you go here click the Monthly tab, It will be $14.95
2.) Before you purchase subscribe to get a good VPN like Nord VPN and switch your location to Canada. I know there are free VPNs out there but not sure how stable there are to get a reliable connection. I also believe with Nord offers a free trial to test it out but I could be wrong about this.

The reason you need a VPN for this is if you try to purchase the subscription without a VPN it won't allow you to saying only people in Canada can subscribe.

You may be out a few bucks to watch the games but after the games are over you just cancel the subscriptions.

Lastly, I am going to try and stream the games, but there's a chance these games will have a major copyright issue like trying to stream a pro sports game. They strike them down pretty hard and ban the stream. So if you want to take the chance waiting on me, it's fine but there's a possibility I won't be able to stream it.

Last edited:
There's a way to watch it online but you will have to go through a couple of steps.....

As far as i know, it will be on SportsNet out of Canada, if you have a good IPTV service or a place that offers the channel on cable/sat service you are out of luck until they say differently about another channel.

1.) Go to https://secure.snnow.ca/pricing?ro=true#plan-comparison... when you go here click the Monthly tab, It will be $14.95
2.) Before you purchase subscribe to get a good VPN like Nord VPN and switch your location to Canada. I know there are free VPNs out there but not sure how stable there are to get a reliable connection. I also believe with Nord offers a free trial to test it out but I could be wrong about this.

The reason you need a VPN for this is if you try to purchase the subscription without a VPN it won't allow you to saying only people in Canada can subscribe.

You may be out a few bucks to watch the games but after the games are over you just cancel the subscriptions.

Lastly, I am going to try and stream the games
, but there's a chance these games will have a major copyright issue like trying to stream a pro sports game. They strike them down pretty hard and ban the stream. So if you want to take the chance waiting on me, it's fine but there's a possibility I won't be able to stream it.
As always, doing the lord's work

Why? It costs a lot of money to put on a broadcast. ESPN is struggling and there will be minimal interest in watching this outside of Kentucky.
To answer your question: because they covered the Bahamas Trip last year.

You make it sound like it's unheard of it. It's clearly not.

Link.

Last edited:

Lastly, I am going to try and stream the games, but there's a chance these games will have a major copyright issue like trying to stream a pro sports game. They strike them down pretty hard and ban the stream. So if you want to take the chance waiting on me, it's fine but there's a possibility I won't be able to stream it.

You lost us boomers at IPTV and VPN

UK athletics please update us on possible radio and tv coverage for the tourney!

Are you working on tv for it? Throw us a bone or at least let us know if it’s being discussed.

Radio only?

JMI going to get the games for us?

Do you need sponsors to bring it back here?

Cmon- say something!

How many threads could we start with the phrase "C'mon Mitch?"

You lost us boomers at IPTV and VPN

My bad lol

an IPTV service is basically internet-based TV that has every channel under the sun that's offered through cable and satellite services. A must for cord-cutters who don't want to pay huge cable bills where they can pay a flat rate per month and save money. Unfortunately, A lot of them have been shut down by "the man" recently, and the ones still around are underground.

A VPN basically allows you to change your location to almost anywhere in the world. It's designed to help protect you online.

My bad lol

an IPTV service is basically internet-based TV that has every channel under the sun that's offered through cable and satellite services. A must for cord-cutters who don't want to pay huge cable bills where they can pay a flat rate per month and save money. Unfortunately, A lot of them have been shut down by "the man" recently, and the ones still around are underground.

A VPN basically allows you to change your location to almost anywhere in the world. It's designed to help protect you online.
I think you can set up a VPN sign up for sport net and then cancel it before you get charged

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
I think the point is these games that feature the University of Kentucky team has been known for months. It is ridiculous that neither the University or the sports program leadership made any effort for broadcast. This is a multi million dollar revenue producing basketball program and a head coach with a multi million dollar lifetime contract. I determine no reasonable excuse for this situation.

You can also watch it on Sports Net which Hulu, Fubo, DirectTV, Peacock and some other US providers have. Last year it was on ESPN +, but so far it hasn't been arranged.

Peacock has it? I guess Michael Scott helped me out. Only reason I have peacock. Kidding but a big reason.

I think the point is these games that feature the University of Kentucky team has been known for months. It is ridiculous that neither the University or the sports program leadership made any effort for broadcast. This is a multi million dollar revenue producing basketball program and a head coach with a multi million dollar lifetime contract. I determine no reasonable excuse for this situation.
The answer is simple.

UK is not the one organizing this event, which means UK is not the copyright holder for any broadcast and has no control over this at all.

The Globl Jam organizers are the rights holders and they signed an exclusive deal with Sportsnet last year. If any other network wants to broadcast this, then that is something the network would have to negotiate with Sportsnet. None of that would involve the UK administration in a decision making capacity.

The issue here seems to be people don’t understand how broadcast rights work.

It looks like 2 of the 3 games will be live but the middle one on delay.

welp looks like I can cancel my subscription to that Canadian Sports channel now, Thanks Cal for the update lol

Well I don't pay for sports in the offseason, so I guess I won't be watching.

Well I don't pay for sports in the offseason, so I guess I won't be watching.
Most of the live tv streaming services offer a free trial, usually 7 days. After the free trial, cancel it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT