ADVERTISEMENT

BYU's "honor code" for recruits

This should not even be talked about or mentioned unless your trying to harm UK with recruits. BYU is not UK and the BBN could give a shit what BYU requires of recruits. At UK be prepared to get in the best shape of your life under Coach Pope.

This should not even be talked about or mentioned unless your trying to harm UK with recruits. BYU is not UK and the BBN could give a shit what BYU requires of recruits. At UK be prepared to get in the best shape of your life under Coach Pope.
I'm not being smart, but how is what BYU does hurt UK with recruits?

Reactions: 0ldSarge
I'm not being smart, but how is what BYU does hurt UK with recruits?
If you don’t know the answer to that you’re really naive. Morgan, Pope, BYU, UK, none of facts matter when these media types lie and put out their fake news. What if I said, Recruits leaving UK because ……… just fill in the blank.

If you don’t know the answer to that you’re really naive. Morgan, Pope, BYU, UK, none of facts matter when these media types lie and put out their fake news. What if I said, Recruits leaving UK because ……… just fill in the blank.
No recruit is going to buy that UK has that code, if they do, they are too naive to play here. Also it is easily debunked, most probably get...um how do I say this, get a date on their recruiting visit

Not even a Coke and a smile or a cup of joe out there.

Not for me by a long shot.
Maybe @gossie21 can weigh in since he went there but the few I’ve spoken with, about the no caffeine thing, said that’s false. They even said they sell coffee on campus. I discussed this with folks on YT in comment sections so not exactly scholarly sources but they didn’t have any reason to lie.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Maybe @gossie21 can weigh in since he went there but the few I’ve spoken with, about the no caffeine thing, said that’s false. They even said they sell coffee on campus. I discussed this with folks on YT in comment sections so not exactly scholarly sources but they didn’t have any reason to lie.
Coffee is a no. Not allowed and not sold on campus.

Caffeinated coke/soda/pop are fine. Those are sold on campus. And have never been an issue with the honor code.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I'm surprised BYU is able to get any recruits at all.

Also no caffeine. Meaning no coffee, no cans of coke, no tea, etc.

It’s honestly quite impressive how well BYU has done in sports over the years given all these restrictions they’re bound by. How they still find so many athletes willing to sign on to that contract is beyond me.

Also no caffeine. Meaning no coffee, no cans of coke, no tea, etc.

It’s honestly quite impressive how well BYU has done in sports over the years given all these restrictions they’re bound by. How they still find so many athletes willing to sign on to that contract is beyond me.
They get a lot of 21 year old Mormon freshmen who turn into 25 year old seniors.

Caffeinated coke/soda/pop are fine. Those are sold on campus. And have never been an issue with the honor code.
I should have edited my post. After posting I did do some independent research and found exactly what you just stated. I appreciate your response nonetheless. I guess that fellow on YT was lying about either attending BYU or BYU allowing coffee and tea to be sold on campus but I’m not sure why he lie about either as there doesn’t seem to be anything to gain out of it but who knows (not that lying to gain something is ok- it’s not oh you get the point I digress).

If I may ask, what's the reasoning behind coffee (and presumably tea?) not being allowed, but other forms of caffeine being allowed? I'm genuinely intrigued.

Still even the prospect of it drove away the vast majority of recruits I’m sure.

At least one of those kids is now committed to UK. Respecting them and their religion should not be difficult for fans. Not having premarital sex as a young man is a difficult thing in today’s culture, because men act like having sex is so important to their very being. But, saving yourself for that one person can be a gift in your relationship. Why it matters to fans of other schools is really hard to imagine.

BYU is a Mormon school. Duh.

Reactions: gossie21
No recruit is going to buy that UK has that code, if they do, they are too naive to play here. Also it is easily debunked, most probably get...um how do I say this, get a date on their recruiting visit
They literally benched athletes on the mens and womens teams some years ago because they were dating. They have people who follow around athletes.

Always amusing reading sheltered siloed inexperienced with different values folks discover facts about the Mormon faith that has existed for 200 yrs

"hOw Do ThEy GeT aNy ReCrUiTz!?!?"

Uh, because it is the same guidelines of their religion, and most all the kids at BYU are Mormon, so it is all they've known since birth?

Actually I read that quite a few non Mormons who go to BYU end up converting to that faith.

Reactions: CatJack
What’s up with the no beards?
It's a religious/old world mindset thing. For example, for most of its existence Chick-fil-a wouldn't let their employees have facial hair either. They've only just recently seemed to have rolled back that, or at least that is the case at the Chick-fil-a I went to last month where I saw several employees on duty with facial hair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT