ADVERTISEMENT

Buyout is imminent

Coach Cal and the University in talks currently on a buyout agreement. I believe Cal will still be involved in the program at a lessor role, not sure on a time-frame to finalize the deal but 90% sure it is happening and happening in the very near future.
We shall see, who told you this or do you have a link?

Coach Cal and the University in talks currently on a buyout agreement. I believe Cal will still be involved in the program at a lessor role, not sure on a time-frame to finalize the deal but 90% sure it is happening and happening in the very near future.
Ok

He could oversee the program from his office, he’s fantastic at recruiting and stuff. Keep doing that and let another person actually coach.
No coach worth having would ever come to UK without absolute assurances that the basketball program is 100% his baby. Calipari hanging around "to oversee the program from his office"? Forget about it.

This needs to be a clean break, free of any entanglements or even the appearance of same.

No coach worth having would ever come to UK without absolute assurances that the basketball program is 100% his baby. Calipari hanging around "to oversee the program from his office"? Forget about it.
Yeah that’s the only issue I’d find, I still think he could be an asset especially recruiting but it would be a delicate balance.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
I hope Cals not involved in the program in any way. At least not in the near term. He will be a distraction. He needs to find another gig and try to reinvent himself. If in the future he came back and was around the program that would be fine.
I would prefer him in the front office involved in recruiting and not involved in coaching.

Yeah that’s the only issue I’d find, I still think he could be an asset especially recruiting but it would be a delicate balance.
Never work.
There is NO coach who would want Cal talking to recruits he will be responsible for coaching.

Who would want the kind of roster that Cal recruits???
There is always a missing piece or two on any Cal roster that he has put together other than 2012.

Never work.
There is NO coach who would want Cal talking to recruits he will be responsible for coaching.

Who would want the kind of roster that Cal recruits???
There is always a missing piece or two on any Cal roster that he has put together other than 2012.
So you let the coach build the roster and maybe bring Cal in to convince a one or two elite freshmen to commit by talking up his NBA connections.

Source: trust me bro
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT