ADVERTISEMENT

Buyout is imminent

Coach Cal and the University in talks currently on a buyout agreement. I believe Cal will still be involved in the program at a lessor role, not sure on a time-frame to finalize the deal but 90% sure it is happening and happening in the very near future.
This is likely the way it plays out. Not sure if you have inside info but this has to be the way it goes.

We need the job opening to be the topic of every NCAA show the next couple weeks.

Source? Don’t get me excited.

Anime Want The Source GIF - Anime Want The Source Shout GIFs

The contract break down on KSR is interesting.

There's the retirement option. Essentially, Cal steps down and he's a figure head and still gets paid.

Perhaps Mitch and brass told him if he plays ball, they'll bump up his retirement package.

That may be the play. It seems there was already money budgeted to pay him to not coach once he did retire on his own.

I'm skeptical for obvious reasons, but I hope there is some truth to this. I would personally be rather happen with this outcome if the new coach is someone we can all get behind.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If he’s still around the program it needs to be purely in a La Familia NIL role and assisting setting up the NIL deals for players.

No gym time. No player advising NBA mentorship program. This program needs to rid itself of that and get back to the focus being the jersey they have on and connecting w the university while they are here. Live in the moment. UCONN and Hurley have shown that you can emphasize the legacy of the college and winning games first and foremost and still produce some pros in year 2-4.

Coach Cal and the University in talks currently on a buyout agreement. I believe Cal will still be involved in the program at a lessor role, not sure on a time-frame to finalize the deal but 90% sure it is happening and happening in the very near future.
I bet you’re sad.

Reactions: NociHTTP
The only reason this sounds somewhat feasible would be to protect the recruiting class, since they would all leave if Cal vamoosed.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This is sort of what was in the Lexington Herald. Preliminary buyout scenario talks involving the Crafts , but no decision if it’s needed or about Cal’s future

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT