ADVERTISEMENT

Bush Hamdan

Team good, coach good.
Team bad, coach bad.
Can a good team have a bad coach ??
Can a bad team have a good coach ??
It is always very difficult to really tell ... but I certainly understand the sentiment that Hamdan has been unimpressive, so far.

And Gran definitely wouldn’t have called a pass play at 2nd and 8.
Would have loved to have had 3 more running plays there with DSK and Wilcox. They averaged over 4.5 per carry and rarely got nothing. That being said if you are going to pass there why not roll Brock out instead of having him stand in the pocket which hasn’t really been there for us for two straight weeks. Just nonsensical!!!!

Would have loved to have had 3 more running plays there with DSK and Wilcox. They averaged over 4.5 per carry and rarely got nothing. That being said if you are going to pass there why not roll Brock out instead of having him stand in the pocket which hasn’t really been there for us for two straight weeks. Just nonsensical!!!!
I literally said to a buddy that right before we snapped it on 3rd down. “You have to get him outta the pocket with a chance to run if there is nothing there, he might be able to get you close enough for Stoops to actually go for it on 4th, cuz no way are we getting it back with enough time to matter.”

3 games in, and i’m ready to give Gran the reigns.
The run game was the only functional part of our offense, and as far as I know Gran is still the run game coordinator, right? Gran probably about maxed out what he was capable of as OC, but his floor was reasonably high, too. Coen is the best OC Stoops has had but clearly he was never destined to stick around. Gran might be 2nd.

Reactions: RunninRichie
And Gran definitely wouldn’t have called a pass play at 2nd and 8.
What frustrates me is Stoops said postgame that anything less than 4th&8 he would’ve gone for it. I’m not sure I totally believe that but if that’s true, once the 2nd down pass didn’t work, why not run it third down to give yourself a 4th down you’re comfortable with?

And on the 4th down… if you have faith that you can punt the ball and your defense will stop Georgia and get the ball back, why not go for it on fourth down and have the same faith in your defense if you fail to convert? If you do force a punt you’ll have more field to cover, but you’ve also given yourself a chance to basically end the game with a conversion.

NO screen passes . No Tight End passes. No short passes to running backs. No slants over middle. Only passes that were successful were sideline passes .
We’ve operated this way for years where we really only run or take long developing shots down the sideline, and it’s really frustrating at this point. It’s happened over several different coordinators, so I’m not sure if it’s a Stoops thing where he’s wanting to avoid turnovers at all costs or if it’s more a symptom of having QBs who struggle with the kind of pre-snap reads necessary to succeed with the quick hit passing game, but it really holds us back when defenses don’t really even have to worry about large parts of the field.

Is it Hamden or is it Stoops. Gran offensive guy, comes to UK and is conservative (mostly), Cohen same, Skang (mistake all around), Cohen same (worse than first time) and then Hamden.

Gotta call a spade a spade. Stoops will not allow any good offensive minded OC to use a playbook. I am guessing Stoops tells them this is the SEC and we play tough nosed hardcore old school SEC football. You will shorten your options, you cannot use the TE much at all, you cannot do this throw, throw, throw game. Stoops is way behind the times and needs to be at IOWA playing BIG 10 crappy football.

Reactions: seccats04
3 games in, and i’m ready to give Gran the reigns.
Yep, bc atleast with gran we wouldn't have been in that 4th down punt situation bc he would've had the frame of mind to keep running the ball, get us in field goal range, run the clock down, and kick to win.

Instead batted down passes, punt away, game over

Reactions: RunninRichie
What frustrates me is Stoops said postgame that anything less than 4th&8 he would’ve gone for it. I’m not sure I totally believe that but if that’s true, once the 2nd down pass didn’t work, why not run it third down to give yourself a 4th down you’re comfortable with?

And on the 4th down… if you have faith that you can punt the ball and your defense will stop Georgia and get the ball back, why not go for it on fourth down and have the same faith in your defense if you fail to convert? If you do force a punt you’ll have more field to cover, but you’ve also given yourself a chance to basically end the game with a conversion.

I loved Gran. He never got the respect he deserved.
I think Gran would be successful in today’s era of the transfer portal. He always made the best with what he had.

We haven't thrown a pass to a tight end in what feels like years.
They talk em up then put em on the line to block only.
This is an easily completed pass for a one read dullard qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT