ADVERTISEMENT

Bush Hamdan

It still blows my mind people hate running the ball. If we stick with the run yesterday, we win that game handily. Grans offense would've produced a blow out in our favor.

Do fans really value throwing the ball over winning? I guess so.
People don’t hate running the football just like people don’t hate cash, but sometimes it’s time to fxxking get with the times, have some situational awareness and MOVE!

Running is counting out exact change while the line is backed up! Yeah, cash always works, and is a nice thing to have Incase something goes awry. But sometimes you need to just tap and go!

If you cant develop a QB and passing game you’re not going to keep pace in today’s game. Even Nick Saban figured that out and so did his defensive protege Kirby. Those two coaches and programs can run on anybody but they would not be where they’re at without the passing games that they’ve had.

Fxxking Missouri wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing without an effective passing attack.

We’ve had the rbs, rushing attacks, and good defense for most of CMS’ tenure and we’re stuck at about 7 wins for a reason.

People don’t hate running the football just like people don’t hate cash, but sometimes it’s time to fxxking get with the times, have some situational awareness and MOVE!

Running is counting out exact change while the line is backed up! Yeah, cash always works, and is a nice thing to have Incase something goes awry. But sometimes you need to just tap and go!

If you cant develop a QB and passing game you’re not going to keep pace in today’s game. Even Nick Saban figured that out and so did his defensive protege Kirby. Those two coaches and programs can run on anybody but they would not be where they’re at without the passing games that they’ve had.

Fxxking Missouri wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing without an effective passing attack.

We’ve had the rbs, rushing attacks, and good defense for most of CMS’ tenure and we’re stuck at about 7 wins for a reason.

Gran won 10 games in a season fyi.

Also see above: I didn't say we should stop throwing completely. But we shouldn't be so scared of shelving balance to focus on taking advantage of the opponent weakness.

Sc literally only has a nasty pass rush. So why play into their only strength? Run the ball, kill their juice, then start spreading it around.

We don't win the game yesterday regardless of running the ball. It was a total debacle on both sides of the ball. How many receivers did our safety lose yesterday? They rushed three one time and we kept seven in and all three got to the QB. We got out coached on both sides yesterday.
We ran the ball 46 times and passed 17 times. I don't get the verbage that we did not attempt to run the ball. We could not block for run or pass block for passing.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Gran won 10 games in a season fyi.

Also see above: I didn't say we should stop throwing completely. But we shouldn't be so scared of shelving balance to focus on taking advantage of the opponent weakness.

Sc literally only has a nasty pass rush. So why play into their only strength? Run the ball, kill their juice, then start spreading it around.
Gran also squeaked out a 5er. He averaged about 6 wins as OC.

Again, great RB coach and ground game guy. Needed a passing game.

We ran the ball fine yesterday…and lost. They were bringing heat and we had nothing to back them off.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
It looks like we simply do not have a passing game. The O-line cannot pass block. It seems to me that this affects play-calling.
Adjustments will have to be made, even if it means to abandon original schemes. This is not working.

I’m not sure I agree that we would have won yesterday by simply pounding between the tackles every play, and I’m even more certain that it wouldn’t have led to a blowout in our favor. The margin for error on a drive is practically zero when an 8 yard run is your definition of an explosive play. All it takes is one run to get stuffed and put you behind the chains and you’re kicking, as we saw on our one decent drive yesterday ending in a FG. This is especially true in a top league like the SEC where defenses are going to be capable of selling out and stopping your bread and butter if they figure out that you’re one dimensional. What’s gone wrong with our passing game is a different issue that could take up a whole separate post, but we’ll never win without one.

We ran the ball fine yesterday…and lost. They were bringing heat and we had nothing to back them off.

Gran won 5 in the shortened covid season iirc. That was with schlarman dying mid season, a drunk wr coach, and his qb coach quitting mid season. He basically coached the entire offense on his own which was pretty amazing on its own.

We ran the ball well when we ran it. That was the point. We didn't stick with running inside despite them being helpless against it. Instead we'd try to force touches and we'd go backwards.

Hamdan got a “welcome to football east of the Rockies” yesterday so I’m not going to totally put everything on him.

He’s been playing ballet ball in the mountain west.

So Miss and yesterday is a perfect example of why I dislike the OOC schedule. You blow out a G5 and learn nothing.

We need to play a conference game to start the season or UL. Figure out who’s who what’s what.
We have to play the weak ooc games or we would never make a bowl game ever. Every team does it. They also don’t learn much but there is value in tune up games

Players play. With
N
I
L teams can buy a great OL. Wonder why we didnt?
Funny that you mention this. I thought why not put a premium on NIL$$$ to Offensive Linemen ?? Hell, be known as the school to go to if you play on the O-line. I know you still need skill players, but we are seeing that it really all begins with line play.

Reactions: OleBluCatz
Funny that you mention this. I thought why not put a premium on NIL$$$ to Offensive Linemen ?? Hell, be known as the school to go to if you play on the O-line. I know you still need skill players, but we are seeing that it really all begins with line play.
I just wonder what these coaches did off season re OL? One thing we've discovered is taking TN, UF, Ohio St, Bama has been OL cast offs doesn't work.

Reactions: catben
Wash/rinse/repeat with ANY OC/DC system led by the Stoops clown show. And enough about Vince Marrow too. It was as obvious as the day was beautiful that SC had more talent, were more physical, and definitely better coached. Stoops is about 3 years past due in getting his pink slip.

Gran won 5 in the shortened covid season iirc. That was with schlarman dying mid season, a drunk wr coach, and his qb coach quitting mid season. He basically coached the entire offense on his own which was pretty amazing on its own.

We ran the ball well when we ran it. That was the point. We didn't stick with running inside despite them being helpless against it. Instead we'd try to force touches and we'd go backwards.

Liam Coen won 10 games out the gate, winning conference record, fresh faced, new to SEC, new QB...no Josh Allen to get him the ball back/create more opportunities.
We have to play the weak ooc games or we would never make a bowl game ever. Every team does it. They also don’t learn much but there is value in tune up games

I'm not saying line up Ohio State, Oregon, and the likes. I'm saying Illinois, UNC, Texas Tech, etc...Vandy just beat Va Tech...I think we're good enough to at least do that.

Weak OOC and bowl games are just a perpetual false hope loop. We win 6-8 games, extend a coach and staff for multi-millions...and every year sit around scratch our heads and wonder why we can't bust out of the current stasis that we're in.

Brooks and Joker eras that was the safe play. Didn't have the resources, facilities, staff, willingness to spend, overall talent/depth. Now we do.

Have easier access to talent ready to play via portal and NIL as well. Have one of the highest paid coaches, recruiters, staffs in general in the SEC if not country.

Brooks, Joker OC, and Andre Woodson didn't have UT, UGA, Alabama, and Michigan scholarship level talent around them. They won 7-8 games anyway.

They could have run some RB screens, TE mesh, and short slants or outs that didn't take 3 seconds to set up but instead for whatever reason he kept calling longer plays requiring a drop and the QB was just not getting the time to execute those plays. It was maddening to watch. Running the ball was correct but there were passing plays to be made but

We ran the ball fine yesterday…and lost. They were bringing heat and we had nothing to back them

Be known as OLine U, said this for years, roll out the red carpet for these guys. There’s no more I am not getting the ball enough….

Gran looks like Bill Walsh compared to what we saw today.
I wished Gran would’ve had these WRs and TEs back then, I think he would’ve expanded his playbook, and used them or maybe not, but regardless I wished he would’ve had them to find out.

We ran the ball 46 times and passed 17 times. I don't get the verbage that we did not attempt to run the ball. We could not block for run or pass block for passing.

That's 73% to 27% run to pass. Not sure how much more a team can run.

I'm sure much of the passing came in 2nd half when we had to try to pass.

UK had 0 shot of winning that game yesterday. SC kicked our asses.

Liam Coen won 10 games out the gate, winning conference record, fresh faced, new to SEC, new QB...no Josh Allen to get him the ball back/create more opportunities.

You can appreciate both because both were great seasons. You don't have to knock one to promote the other.

This attitude is exactly what im pointing out. There was such an irrational hate for gran solely because he eventually, out of necessity, focused on running the ball.

Why is there a segment of the uk fanbase so invested in throwing the ball even when it isnt our best option?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT