ADVERTISEMENT

Buried my mom today

catzfanjim

Junior
Dec 8, 2007
She was 83 years old and loved her Cats. I can’t tell you how many games we watched together when I was growing up. Back then the games were on tape delay at 10:30 and she would let me stay up on a school night. Hopefully one day I’ll see her again but I’m hurting right now.

She was 83 years old and loved her Cats. I can’t tell you how many games we watched together when I was growing up. Back then the games were on tape delay at 10:30 and she would let me stay up on a school night. Hopefully one day I’ll see her again but I’m hurting right now.

Hang in there and God bless you. Sounds like an amazing lady.

My condolences and prayers to you and your family catzfanjim...I know you will cherish the games you watched with her...

AlohaCat

there are no words that will take away the pain you are experiencing. The memories your mother has imparted into you will keep you for the rest of your life. I too lost my mother several years ago and there’s not a day goes by that I don't think of her and what she imparted into my life. I pray for God’s grace and comfort to strengthen and comfort you through this season of your life. You are blessed with many great memories indeed.

My friend my mother and i used to do the same thing , my heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family.

I will pray for you and the rest of the family. Let her rest in the arms of Jesus and may comfort and peace envelope you during this time of need. Blessings to you.

sorry for you loss, not looking forward to the day my mom dies as she’s getting up there in age as well. 83 years is a nice long life though a she’s in a way better place where the Cats always win.

Sorry to hear that brother. My mom is 87 and she’s really struggling. We all only get 1 moma and when she’s gone there’s a million things you wished you could have said. It’s going to be rough for awhile man but just like when my dad passed away 25 years ago, I just remember the good times I had with him, we used to sit home in the winter and watch any game we could find. This was before cable so it was tough. You keep those good thoughts of your moms up front in your memory. She’s right there over your shoulder and she will be watching the games right by your side. And listen, you will see her again and what a joyous time that will be. Pray tonight for peace. You will find it in your heart and it will have a calming effect. Smile, she’s in a better place and she’s no longer hurting. Peace

I’m sorry, my friend. 83 years is a pretty good “shift”; and she clearly raised someone who values the importance family. God bless.

Sorry to hear that brother. My mom is 87 and she’s really struggling. We all only get 1 moma and when she’s gone there’s a million things you wished you could have said. It’s going to be rough for awhile man but just like when my dad passed away 25 years ago, I just remember the good times I had with him, we used to sit home in the winter and watch any game we could find. This was before cable so it was tough. You keep those good thoughts of your moms up front in your memory. She’s right there over your shoulder and she will be watching the games right by your side. And listen, you will see her again and what a joyous time that will be. Pray tonight for peace. You will find it in your heart and it will have a calming effect. Smile, she’s in a better place and she’s no longer hurting. Peace

this is beautiful!
Much love to all on this board.

So sorry to hear this, catzfanjim. I've lost both my mom and dad and I can relate to how difficult that is. Prayers to you and your family during this time.

Reactions: catzfanjim
I hear you. Something tough about losing mom.

Lost both my parents in 2012.

So sorry for your loss.

Catzfanjim... here is a poem I wrote for my mom following her death in 1983...

Mother

I came to you through Heaven’s door
It seems so long ago.
You taught me how to love myself
And most everything I know.

Time has passed so quickly by
Though tender I have grown.
To understand your wisdom now,
The best friend I have known.

I wish that we could go back when
My life would just begin;
And you could rock me in your arms