ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when you want Mitch Barnhart fired

We've established that you didnt go to Orlando to pull for the team as a true fan would. If you are not able to afford such luxury as leaving the cabin then I apologize. Is Reechie gonna start today. Was that you? You can see that almost no one wants to defend your stupidity. Put down the shovel.
Exactly what I'm talking about, childish insults when your argument went down the shitter.

Hey, the argument was lost once you started the grade school insult, flipped the script irrelevant shit like checkerboards, bringing race into the discussion when you knew your argument was moot. Whatever spin you need to convince yourself your right, I've seen your meltdowns time and time again. You're a narcissist and believe you're the only one can be right on any issue.
Thank you for being a fan of my work. I have never seen yours before that I recall but promise to do better.

Thank you for being a fan of my work. I have never seen yours before that I recall but promise to do better.
It wasn't a compliment, keyboard warrior status on a message board isn't really my thing. I'm sure you've lined your trailer up with participation trophies and certificates you print off.

It wasn't a compliment, keyboard warrior status on a message board isn't really my thing. I'm sure you've lined your trailer up with participation trophies and certificates you print off.
I was voted 16th best poster in 2019 so there is that....

can you imagine this being the bar for a coach at a D1 school? I read the announcement thinking, OK, how do they spin the former failed coach of Indiana with some inspiring words about how to get the program on track to winning a national championship. And they just lower the bar. Essentially Archie Miller's goal set forth by the AD is to get to a Sweet 16.

"Archie's goals for this program are the same as mine,” athletic director Thorr Bjorn said in a statement. “Not only do we want to win Atlantic 10 championships, but we want to build a program that competes late into March each year. His passion and enthusiasm are contagious. I am so excited to partner with him in showcasing URI basketball on the national stage.”

This is why I love UK basketball fans - Alumni, donors, all levels, because we will not tolerate a coach on our program who doesn't have the singular goal of winning a championship with his team *every* year, and this is where Cal went off the rails because he stopped talking about it with any intensity or dedication and was clearly focused on getting a path for kids to get to the NBA. Anyone who still believes that is simply recruiting talk just refuses to see the state of our program.

He has stubbornly stuck with it even after the worst season in UK's history. I thought he recognized the problem with getting the transfers but then this Sharpe nonsense convinced me that he hasn't changed as much as I hoped. To me its clear he'd rather have a team full of 5 star freshmen and the continual chaos coupled with unmet expectations than to make the investment of development multi year players.

And Mitch Barnhart allowed us to get this point by not intervening

that said I'm not sure you can blame Mitch for being as shell shocked as the rest of us on this year.

I'm sure his antenna went up after the UT loss in the tourney and Cal's tone of relief that they can get back home

At this point I have to believe Mitch has his marching orders to get this program back on track and don't listen to any of Cal's "I'm a HOF coach" BS

I have to be honest here. I am very conflicted about Barnhart.

Some of you probably know that I was one of the most vehement Stoops bashers. And I was calling for Barney's head weekly for 3 years. But I was wrong about Stoops. And Barney gave him a lifetime deal too - which I still disagree with. But Stoops is probably the one bright spot our sports program has right now in any MAJOR sport.

But Barney does have a tendency to slobber over moderate success and he shouldn't be committing that much money into the future like that.

Eh.

I'm really agonizing over this one. I really like Stoops and I ate a lot of crow over that situation.

I mean, come on. I was AT the Citrus Bowl AND I SAT IN THE IOWA SECTION. Do you realize what that was like?

I have to be honest here. I am very conflicted about Barnhart.

Some of you probably know that I was one of the most vehement Stoops bashers. And I was calling for Barney's head weekly for 3 years. But I was wrong about Stoops. And Barney gave him a lifetime deal too - which I still disagree with. But Stoops is probably the one bright spot our sports program has right now in any MAJOR sport.

But Barney does have a tendency to slobber over moderate success and he shouldn't be committing that much money into the future like that.

Eh.

I'm really agonizing over this one. I really like Stoops and I ate a lot of crow over that situation.

I mean, come on. I was AT the Citrus Bowl AND I SAT IN THE IOWA SECTION. Do you realize what that was like?
Stoops has nothing to do with whether Barney is canned or not. The next ad will make sure FB is ok. Barney is not the reason for the fb success

Personally, I still like Few and believe he wins a championship before Calipari wins another one.

Bump.gif

No matter what else he's done for other UK programs, he was handed the 'golden goose' with the Kentucky Basketball program and we've had all-time lows under his watch here. He cannot control the basketball coach because Cal wears the pants in the relationship. It's consecutive years of embarrassment. He was the Chairman of the Selection committee last year and yet his program, the winningest tradition in all of College Basketball wasn't even in the Tournament after the worst year in school history. We'll be lucky to hold claim to the most by the end of this year's Tournament. We don't hang banners for regular season accolades in UK history. Final 4's & National Championships. Not sure we get another with either one of these 2 clowns here.
Stupid ass thread , you can bump that as many times as you want

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT