ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when you want Mitch Barnhart fired

The only way we lose both Mitch and Cal is if we’re caught cheating. Right now, it doesn’t sound that awful because I want Cal gone.

Notice what happens at places like USC in football when their powerhouse program hit the shitter, the AD was held accountable and let go. Why is Mitch above reproach? Funny you want to mock people with intellectual disabilities and can't even spell.
I’m sure it’s fair to womens volleyball if we blow up the athletic department because the basketball team flamed out. I wasn’t mocking people with disabilities, I was mocking you. If you have disabilities then my bad.

I’m sure it’s fair to womens volleyball if we blow up the athletic department because the basketball team flamed out. I wasn’t mocking people with disabilities, I was mocking you. If you have disabilities then my bad.
By all means. We don't want to disrupt them, the cheerleaders or the rifle team. If it means sacrificing success in the basketball program for the greater good, I'm game!

By all means. We don't want to disrupt them, the cheerleaders or the rifle team. If it means sacrificing success in the basketball program for the greater good, I'm game!
You’re game because you’re a small picture thinker who has no clue what the AD’s actual job entails.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Whatever dude, I'm sure I'll see you at the next volleyball match.
You won’t see me. I don’t give a shit about volleyball. But you may see Mitch there. It’s his job to care. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you.

You won’t see me. I don’t give a shit about volleyball. But you may see Mitch there. It’s his job to care. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you.
It's also his job to care about the basketball program and take charge as he does over the other athletics programs at the University. What's he doing about that?

It's also his job to care about the basketball program and take charge as he does over the other athletics programs at the University. What's he doing about that?
You must be one of those basketball only fans. In case you haven't noticed, football is kicking major ass and stoops relationship with Mitch is a big reason for it. Freeing up money for assistant coaches, facilitating sold out marque games, and now securing the funds for a new practice facility. Like I said, you’re a small picture thinker. We are ALL upset about yesterday. But you can’t do stupid shit because you can’t control your emotions. Luckily no one with any power shares your philosophy.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
You must be one of those basketball only fans. In case you haven't noticed, football is kicking major ass and stoops relationship with Mitch is a big reason for it. Freeing up money for assistant coaches, facilitating sold out marque games, and now securing the funds for a new practice facility. Like I said, you’re a small picture thinker. We are ALL upset about yesterday. But you can’t do stupid shit because you can’t control your emotions. Luckily no one with any power shares your philosophy.
Where's the relationship between Cal & Barnhart and why aren't we kicking major ass in basketball? For the record, I love UK Football, WBB and Baseball but it's irrelevant to bring up my fandom, especially when you say you 'don't give a shit about volleyball.' It's great other programs are doing well but that does not mean MB is above reproach when it comes to basketball.

When I started this thread with "No matter what else he's done for other UK programs" that is indeed a reference to the other athletics programs success. How this has gotten misconstrued that I'm a basketball only fan to fit one's person agenda is hysterical. I just want accountability for now 2 bad contracts in the Kentucky Basketball program and one of the most successful programs in College Sports. It's silly to act like Barnhart is a messiah like he can do no wrong and there's no one else who could do as good of a ob.

Last edited:
Mitch sucks ass.

Stoops hired himself.

His legacy, the only hires 99% of UK fans care about, will be the Joker and BCG debacles and giving Can't Coach Cal the worst contract in collegiate history.

We’ve officially jumped the shark now. That’s insanity.

Cal needs to go, but we have one of the best athletics programs in the country. And it’s not even debatable. You’re talking about burning the house down to get rid of a spider.

What next UK President needs to go if he won’t fire Mitch? You wanna be Louisville? That’s how you exactly become Louisville.

Stoops hired himself.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read in a while.

So to the "Checkerboard Man Bad" mob...

1. MB was forced to HIRE Cal. So much so he could not even have any say NONE over Basketball.

2. Mark Stoops simply hired himself. No word as to how we feel about his contract.

Education for the Checkerboard Man Bad mob. Context is important.

I suggest some of you clowns look at the storm in the media surrounding MBs hiring of Coach Brooks. Called washed up and a missed opportunity to hire Doug Williams from Grambling so as to make him the SECs first black head coach.

MB was TRASHED in the media and shamed for that hire.... that turned out FANTASTIC for the program. Where is Doug Williams BYW. From that we got Joker as OC and as CRB was ready to retire his designee of Joker as Head Coach in waiting. The chance to give us a former player fan favorite and FIRST black FB coach not far after the media trashing the fanbase and UK took for running off Tubby and not hiring Doug Williams. So the Rupp is a racist UK is a racist crowd would have a hard time continuing to sell that myth.

Coach Brooks started the resurrection of Football. Joker hire was inevitable. Stoops was a homerun. So was Cal. But times change. I agree, Cal must go. But MB is not the problem.

No matter what else he's done for other UK programs, he was handed the 'golden goose' with the Kentucky Basketball program and we've had all-time lows under his watch here. He cannot control the basketball coach because Cal wears the pants in the relationship. It's consecutive years of embarrassment. He was the Chairman of the Selection committee last year and yet his program, the winningest tradition in all of College Basketball wasn't even in the Tournament after the worst year in school history. We'll be lucky to hold claim to the most by the end of this year's Tournament. We don't hang banners for regular season accolades in UK history. Final 4's & National Championships. Not sure we get another with either one of these 2 clowns here.
WTF are you talking about? He’s a great AD.

Other athletic directors don’t sign away control over their most popular program with the craziest long-term contract ever seen in the history of the sport. The only other coach to ever get a comparable contract is Coach K …but he had five national championships and more wins than anyone in the history of the sport to justify it …Cal did not.

It’s indefensible how badly Mitch caved with that contract. He got scared shitless when Cal bluffed him with a threat to jump to UCLA and signed away everything. The man would be a terrible poker player.
Not to mention he also gave Stoops an insane contract. He’s done a lot of great things and I’m glad he’s our coach, but the extra year for every 7 wins is ridiculous to give anyone outside of Nick Saban. He also extended Elzy after she won like 5 games last season, then it ended up being awful. This season was bad until they made a run (but she also has Howard).

Reactions: kybloo92 and UK90
We’ve officially jumped the shark now. That’s insanity.

Cal needs to go, but we have one of the best athletics programs in the country. And it’s not even debatable. You’re talking about burning the house down to get rid of a spider.

What next UK President needs to go if he won’t fire Mitch? You wanna be Louisville? That’s how you exactly become Louisville.
So the moment he's no longer in charge, the Athletics program is all going to fall flat on its ass? No one else can do as good of a job and are success is tied to one man only? You all worship him like he's some kind of prophet. He's fortunate to have UK's budget and booster money as well as the chance to redo every screw up over and keep his job. Many top P5 schools wouldn't let the 1st mistake slide by that delivered a blow to their powerhouse program. Kentucky Basketball is trending towards Louisville under Mitch's watch and the 1st go around with BCG under his watch too.

Last edited:
Not to mention he also gave Stoops an insane contract. He’s done a lot of great things and I’m glad he’s our coach, but the extra year for every 7 wins is ridiculous to give anyone outside of Nick Saban. He also extended Elzy after she won like 5 games last season, then it ended up being awful. This season was bad until they made a run (but she also has Howard).
We'll see how the rest of the baseball season plays out, I'm cautiously optimistic but so far Mingione has disappointed outside of the 1st season. Hasn't been back to the postseason since.

Where's the relationship between Cal & Barnhart and why aren't we kicking major ass in basketball? For the record, I love UK Football, WBB and Baseball but it's irrelevant to bring up my fandom, especially when you say you 'don't give a shit about volleyball.' It's great other programs are doing well but that does not mean MB is above reproach when it comes to basketball.

When I started this thread with "No matter what else he's done for other UK programs" that is indeed a reference to the other athletics programs success. How this has gotten misconstrued that I'm a basketball only fan to fit one's person agenda is hysterical. I just want accountability for now 2 bad contracts in the Kentucky Basketball program and one of the most successful programs in College Sports. It's silly to act like Barnhart is a messiah like he can do no wrong and there's no one else who could do as good of a ob.
Literally no one said he’s a messiah. He just doesn’t need to be fired. Our entire athletic program is top notch and monetarily self sustaining. You’re just really really upset about the basketball game. So am I. But it didn’t make me stupid. Don’t let your disappointment make you stupid

Literally no one said he’s a messiah. He just doesn’t need to be fired. Our entire athletic program is top notch and monetarily self sustaining. You’re just really really upset about the basketball game. So am I. But it didn’t make me stupid. Don’t let your disappointment make you stupid
Yes I'm pissed off and neither Cal or MB are going to be fired but there is no accountability in place for either one of them. They're put on some kind of pedestal, above reproach. Do you all really believe he should be given a pass for the state of the program giving Cal a contract with no incentive to do better coming off the BCG hire before then? Set aside firing him, what accountability is there? He's untouchable and that's a problem! You'd have to try hard to screw up twice with a storied program like Kentucky Basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Yes I'm pissed off and neither Cal or MB are going to be fired but there is no accountability in place for either one of them. They're put on some kind of pedestal, above reproach. Do you all really believe he should be given a pass for the state of the program giving Cal a contract with no incentive to do better coming off the BCG hire before then? Set aside firing him, what accountability is there? He's untouchable and that's a problem! You'd have to try hard to screw up twice with a storied program like Kentucky Basketball.
Alright I’m happy to let you vent. I hope it helps. I’m sure you know that there is a zero percent chance that MB is fired. But we all cope differently. I think I’ll try crack. Always wanted to try it.

Alright I’m happy to let you vent. I hope it helps. I’m sure you know that there is a zero percent chance that MB is fired. But we all cope differently. I think I’ll try crack. Always wanted to try it.
Neither is Cal and that is a problem

Too late. He is one of the Checkerboard Man Bad cabal.

Math is hard. You certainly could have exactly the same thrown at you. Plus you contribute NOTHING with your thankfully low post count contribution.
Dr. Thank you - I’m cranky and in no mood to put up with reprobates.

Math is hard. You certainly could have exactly the same thrown at you. Plus you contribute NOTHING with your thankfully low post count contribution.
Hey, the argument was lost once you started the grade school insult, flipped the script irrelevant shit like checkerboards, bringing race into the discussion when you knew your argument was moot. Whatever spin you need to convince yourself your right, I've seen your meltdowns time and time again. You're a narcissist and believe you're the only one can be right on any issue.

You really got me there...Math must be hard for you too since you conveniently looked past where I've been here 7 years less than him.

It's a new day, you're still an idiot and look like a fool!
We've established that you didnt go to Orlando to pull for the team as a true fan would. If you are not able to afford such luxury as leaving the cabin then I apologize. Is Reechie gonna start today. Was that you? You can see that almost no one wants to defend your stupidity. Put down the shovel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT