ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

Good coach, terrible fit IMO. I still don’t understand why big programs keep going after “good but not great” coaches with little success from mid major programs. Same goes for football. I don’t see him recruiting well enough to get them past the sweet sixteen, really no different than where they were with Crean.
They tried for big names but IU was shunned by all, so Archie was the best they could get. Still laughing about Fort Wayne! Lol

1987 y'all!!

ZigzagMildAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

In the lifetime of a person turning 25 in a few months, Indiana has been passed the Sweet 16 once.

Among the programs that have been to the Elite Eight more recently than Indiana: George Mason, Davidson, Memphis, Gonzaga, Kent State, St. Joseph's Xavier, Dayton, Marquette, Virginia Commonwealth, Butler, Wichita State, Baylor, South Carolina, Oregon, etc. etc. etc....Kentucky has been to FOURTEEN Elite Eights in the time period in which Indiana has been once.

It's almost sad to see a once proud program fall so very far and hard. Except it's Indiana. So it's hilarious.

Indiana reminds me of the old washed up starlet that Kramer took up with on Seinfeld when he moved to LA. Though slightly more worn. They are beginning their fourth decade without a title.

Reactions: Cardsstink
Archie has been overrated by everyone including this board for a while. I always thought It was an average hire, and definitely not someone who would take Indiana back to where they once were.

This.

I thought it was laughable UK fans were saying it’s a good hire. It’s more of a “eh” hire. His highest ceiling will be the Sweet 16

This.

I thought it was laughable UK fans were saying it’s a good hire. It’s more of a “eh” hire. His highest ceiling will be the Sweet 16

Everyone laughed at Tom Crean but I'd be shocked if Archie ever got them to be a #1 seed in the tournament. I think people around here forget he did that considering UK was in the NIT that year. Crean by no means was a great coach but I can't see Archie achieving his success by any means.

I really hope the rivalry is renewed for a neutral-neutral in Louisville and Indianapolis because I think we beat them down over and over again with Archie there.

This.

It IS a good hire

I mean, would we still be able to have this thread if it wasn’t such a home run?

Reactions: Chuckinden
Pretty soon when they beat IUPFW and Evansville and all the other Indiana teams they can have kings of Indiana shirts and pop corn boxes.

Big 10 is awful. Crummy IU is 4-2 in league play. IU fans think they are going to Michigan State next and pull off an upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT