ADVERTISEMENT

Building a new log home . Looking for Ky made products

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
Really love the look of Kentucky Lumber Co's stuff down in So Western Ky . Looking for flooring and kitchen cabinets/ custom kitchen decor . Or reclaimed Bourbon barrel decor . Any suggestions ?

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Kentucky Lumber Company sucks, ergo, your Lincoln Log shack will also suck.

lincoln-logs-1.jpg

If you are really near Manitou, KY, drive over to Crawford Lane. There is a log cabin there. Ask them where they got their furnishings. Good luck.

Didnt know there was a Manitou Ky . My username comes from the Manitou lake chain in western Ontario . I've fished there 30 years or so .

Looks too far away for me to help honestly. Have a few log cabin builders in Taylorsville and my FIL is a customer cabinet maker but that seems farther than he is willing to bid.

Sorry man, good luck

Didnt know there was a Manitou Ky . My username comes from the Manitou lake chain in western Ontario . I've fished there 30 years or so .
It’s on Hwy 41 between Madisonville and Nebo. They even have a historical marker on the side of the road. I though you were from there. Instead, you’re on the other gd end of the state.

Thats why I didnt know there was a Manitou Ky . Its near 4 hours from me . ( Know I need to find me some " Manitou" Ky stuff)

Really love the look of Kentucky Lumber Co's stuff down in So Western Ky . Looking for flooring and kitchen cabinets/ custom kitchen decor . Or reclaimed Bourbon barrel decor . Any suggestions ?
For bourbon barrel creations, check out Cody Angel/ Lindsey Horseman site. They make some beautiful furniture. Cody can create pieces for you.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Guys I’m thinking of building a hut out of mud, pitch or adobe. Any ideas ?

Try one of these poop homes.

"What housing material repels mosquitos, makes a stable foundation against natural disasters, acts like a thermal insulator and is the best natural disinfectant? You guessed it, poop! It’s a mood booster too. Oh, and using poop makes home construction so much more environmentally sustainable."

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/who-uses-sht-to-build-a-house/

maasai_dung_home.jpg__900x600_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

The Maasai’s loaf-shaped, Inkajijik (homes) are made of mud, sticks, grass, cow dung and cow urine. This combo repels mosquitos and keep dwellers cool.

beehive_houses_.jpg__1024x576_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Now protected historical sites, these conical mud and dung homes are structurally sound with some dating back to biblical times.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Try one of these.

"What housing material repels mosquitos, makes a stable foundation against natural disasters, acts like a thermal insulator and is the best natural disinfectant? You guessed it, poop! It’s a mood booster too. Oh, and using poop makes home construction so much more environmentally sustainable."

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/who-uses-sht-to-build-a-house/

maasai_dung_home.jpg__900x600_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

The Maasai’s loaf-shaped, Inkajijik (homes) are made of mud, sticks, grass, cow dung and cow urine. This combo repels mosquitos and keep dwellers cool.

beehive_houses_.jpg__1024x576_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Now protected historical sites, these conical mud and dung homes are structurally sound with some dating back to biblical times.
Boner

Joined a gym and been working out every chance I get. Working out and meal prepping took all my free time.

ADVERTISEMENT