ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl

1 final four in a decade. Yeah it’s auburn but he’s had 5 stars on the roster each year.

Oats has accomplished more in 5 years at Bama.

Reactions: cathouse
I don’t disagree.

But neither are good enough for Kentucky and if we settle for either of them then Mitch needs to go asap if not already anyways.
I think a lot of coaches are interested and they are letting it be known. But if your top candidates pass then I think you call Pearl and then Drew if Pearl declines

I think a lot of coaches are interested and they are letting it be known. But if your top candidates pass then I think you call Pearl and then Drew if Pearl declines
If our top 5 or so pass then just name an interim for no money and hold out for next year because just like cal, neither of those guys are winning a title here. We need hot and ready now

Pearl will not be coach at Kentucky, he burned that bridge while cheating at Tennessee and Person took the fall for him at Auburn. Under the current administration, Pearl will not coach here. He was also a rat before coming to Tennessee.

Reactions: Graham51
1 final four in a decade. Yeah it’s auburn but he’s had 5 stars on the roster each year.

Oats has accomplished more in 5 years at Bama.

It doesn’t take much of a visionary to see Pearl would kill it here. The Kentucky program is exactly what he’s been lacking. Final fours at nearly 2 different football programs, sweet 16’s at doormat mid majors. Of course you won’t see it. Of course.

Just like you didn’t see Calipari suffocating this program and backed him the entire way. Just like you didn’t see that he was sabotaging the programs brand intentionally. Yea, let’s pull the good looking floor because of “dead spots”, have the ugliest uniforms in the sport, the ugliest logo, etc. Calipari has been horrible for this program but you didn’t notice any of that. Of course. The boosters saw it and they’ve been at war for a long time over his antics. You didn’t notice any of that. Oh losing assistants to Duke, bringing in guys who can’t coach, you didn’t notice that either. lol.

The new coach is going to rebrand us and have us where we need to be. You can thank the fans you have sht on for this program having life again. It’s been a large part of why we’re here.

Before you say anything, I forgive you brother. We all need to be on the same page moving forward. Pearl would be fine; a lot of these coaches will do well.

Yeah as others said…Mitch would not even call him due to the previous allegations. I think he is a little old and would want a younger guy ,imo.

No thanks. Pearl has only had moderate success. He's sleazy, got the same used car salesman act that Cal had. And isn't he also in his 60's.

He's on my 4th tier. Wouldn't be bad, but kind of like Scott Drew, isn't wowing me. Has some concerns, isn't young.

Pearl will not be coach at Kentucky, he burned that bridge while cheating at Tennessee and Person took the fall for him at Auburn. Under the current administration, Pearl will not coach here. He was also a rat before coming to Tennessee.

You mean the BBQ? I think it’s time we all admit that players have been receiving a lot more than BBQ’s for years and years.

I remember seeing Gerald Fitch on UK’s campus (when I was a student) driving a tricked out and brand new Escalade lol.

Now that players can make literal millions it seems odd to hold random stuff like that against coaches. Just my opinion and i understand why some would disagree

you gotta start providing context. who says he's interested? link?

That said, he is my number 1 pick. He would kick ass here
you and I are in agreement.
i hate Oates condescending attitude. if he were hired i would still root for UK with every fiber of my body (much like i did with Pitino)
no matter the coach i am a blue-blooded UK fan until the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT