ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl next Kentucky coach

Billy Donovan! He’s stuck in the nba with bad management- time to head back to college and cash in big with rings and more money.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
I'd actually be ok with Pearl as kind of a "bridge" coach" at this time. He would put some fire and energy back in this program.

Reactions: MO_Blue
Let's make it happen
2 issues with Pearle..

1. Shady past, fired from TENN, show cause, cheating.. yada yada..
2. Anywhere he coaches, he wants it in writing, his son is coach in waiting when he retires

Pearle would do great at UK. Recruiting, coaching, etc.. And he has the personality for the job. I do believe he'd get us at least 1 more NC... But I'd be shocked if it happened.

I love Pitino but that ship has sailed long ago so no sense of talking about it. Pearl embraces the history of the school he's at unlike Cal and would if anything put some energy back in the program but if Mitch has anything to do with the hiring, you can count on it not happening

Reactions: blubo
2 issues with Pearle..

1. Shady past, fired from TENN, show cause, cheating.. yada yada..
2. Anywhere he coaches, he wants it in writing, his son is coach in waiting when he retires

Pearle would do great at UK. Recruiting, coaching, etc.. And he has the personality for the job. I do believe he'd get us at least 1 more NC... But I'd be shocked if it happened.
The second point is enough for me to not wanting him here. The first point is sketchy too. He was a complete scumbag before Tennessee as well. I'm also hoping for someone younger.

With that said, he would be an improvement over what we have. Also, Cal's pre UK past is almost as sketchy. (Cal wasn't blackballed from coaching D1 like Pearl)

I’d be good with pearl at uk. the guy’s won quickly everwhere he’s been.

Pearl is nothing but trouble. I can't fathom any fan with any common sense would want a person with his past associated with the program
Kinda like you are trouble for apple stores, Rex. [laughing][laughing]

cA

S. Drew

That’s the list! Break it down however you see fit.
You said “so many”

And why drew? The title? Okay maybe but he has more NIT appearances than Tourney appearances I believe.

Why; specifically would Drew be better?

Lastly, who are the “many” better candidates of which you speak?

• Haha
Reactions: 247CATS
I love Pitino but that ship has sailed long ago so no sense of talking about it. Pearl embraces the history of the school he's at unlike Cal and would if anything put some energy back in the program but if Mitch has anything to do with the hiring, you can count on it not happening
Maybe Pitino is having a midlife crisis 😉

Reactions: dcw62
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT