ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks returning to UK (confirmed by Cal)

I think a lot of fans undervalue him, too. Another offseason to work on his game, more experience, coming back fully healthy and well integrated with a team, I can see him being a 13 and 8 guy at the PF position. He actually led the team in rebounding last year, both on a per game and a per 40 basis. He's a pretty good passer, had 1.6 assists per game last year, and I liked him as the guy in the middle of a zone offense. Getting the ball at the ft line he can hit a jumper or make a good pass. I'm hoping he works on his shooting to become more reliable in that midrange, and get his three% up to ~30% on a couple attempts per game.

It's a weird spot.

Anywhere else in the world, a kid that isn't going through the draft process is just back. We've had so many unexpected losses--we've just come to expect it.

His dad shot down transfer rumors immediately after the season ended. Then the transfer rumors started getting louder. And we're all on egg shells waiting for him to make an announcement.

Maybe they just feel like they've said their peace and that there doesn't need to be an announcement.

I think a lot of fans undervalue him, too. Another offseason to work on his game, more experience, coming back fully healthy and well integrated with a team, I can see him being a 13 and 8 guy at the PF position. He actually led the team in rebounding last year, both on a per game and a per 40 basis. He's a pretty good passer, had 1.6 assists per game last year, and I liked him as the guy in the middle of a zone offense. Getting the ball at the ft line he can hit a jumper or make a good pass. I'm hoping he works on his shooting to become more reliable in that midrange, and get his three% up to ~30% on a couple attempts per game.
I think he can be one of if not the best player on the team. I was expecting a big step forward last year. Between covid and the injury and the overall lack of talent, he wasn't able to do it.

He should create a lot of matchup problems. If he tightens up his game a little bit--he's a guy that can make enough 3's to keep the defense honest. He can drive by most 4's.

I think having a team full of 3 point shooters will really open up the driving lanes for him vs other 4's.

The fact that we even got to the point where it was a question whether he was coming back or not is the problem. I don’t know how you fix that, but I think Cal is trying?

Reactions: BaronReborn84
I think he can be one of if not the best player on the team. I was expecting a big step forward last year. Between covid and the injury and the overall lack of talent, he wasn't able to do it.

He should create a lot of matchup problems. If he tightens up his game a little bit--he's a guy that can make enough 3's to keep the defense honest. He can drive by most 4's.

I think having a team full of 3 point shooters will really open up the driving lanes for him vs other 4's.
If he tightened up his handle it would make a world of difference too.

Reactions: gharding07
Brooke who?
Damn. I was hoping it was Brooke Burns.

R2940718c7958f3b956b03c4f781a6493

Where is EJ? I’ve literally heard nothing of him.

Just looked him up, signed with a Lithuanian team in January, has played in 16 games averaging 12.5 minutes, 4.8 points, 3.3 rebounds. Shooting 45% overall, 29% from three. His team is in last place in their league.

Reactions: SosaUK87 and chroix
Just looked him up, signed with a Lithuanian team in January, has played in 16 games averaging 12.5 minutes, 4.8 points, 3.3 rebounds. Shooting 45% overall, 29% from three. His team is in last place in their league.
Making peanuts, too, in all likelihood.

Brooks has never given my indication he’s going anywhere. He’s never stated he’s testing waters and his dad said he would not be transferring. I don’t agree with brooks politically but he earns my respect by just returning without wild eyes on him. He should be good his junior year. He was a 5* and much stronger game than weyen or some of the others like Sasha and lee.

Reactions: seccats04
Jesus. That’s pitiful numbers. Did it say how much he’s making? That dude was grossly overrated in high school.

Thanks for finding that as well. I also don’t know a ton about the different leagues in Europe, anyone know what tier league he’s in?

Reactions: chroix
Jesus. That’s pitiful numbers. Did it say how much he’s making? That dude was grossly overrated in high school.
Can't find any contract details for that league, news articles mentioning him signing don't give numbers. Found some game by game stats and his minutes have been cut to garbage time only, looks like he's one of the worst players on the worst team in Lithuania.

Reactions: SosaUK87
Love the good ole days when Seniors were gone and you knew everyone else automatically was back. Brooks has never said he was leaving but everyone speculating is he or isn’t he. College Basketball is a shit show.

Can't find any contract details for that league, news articles mentioning him signing don't give numbers. Found some game by game stats and his minutes have been cut to garbage time only, looks like he's one of the worst players on the worst team in Lithuania.
Crikey.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Man, what a long fall for that young man. I can’t imagine being more miserable at UK than where he is now.

Can you imagine? To be so hellbent on getting out of Lexington as fast as you possibly can only to wind up barely getting minutes on a shitty team in Lithuania.
I would like to think that this could be an example to future players but we’ve seen this so many times, I doubt it. I wonder, if he could do it all over again, what he would do. Probably not come to Kentucky and I would be fine with that as well.

I would like to think that this could be an example to future players but we’ve seen this so many times, I doubt it. I wonder, if he could do it all over again, what he would do. Probably not come to Kentucky and I would be fine with that as well.
I'm sure someone will be here soon enough to tell me how EJ made the right decision, and how amazing Lithuania is this time of year.

I'm glad he's coming back, but I hope he works on his handle and stops taking 3s. I just don't see him shooting 3s at a high enough clip. He needs to master the 12-15 feet and in. I also would love to see him be more aggressive inside and going to the rim more.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT