ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks has similar numbers compared to...

We’ve played 4/5 games against cupcake state, of course his stat lines for this year are inflated.

He looks out of control, he’s taking bad shots, the offense doesn’t flow when he has the ball like it does when many of our other players have the ball.

I don’t think Brooks is bad, but there’s a difference between 10 ppg on a national championship level team, and 10 ppg on a bad team. It’s easier to pad stats when you’re on a bad team.

Just look at the stat lines Isaiah Thomas put up when he was at the Kings, or Kevin Love before he joined the Cavs.
You clearly don't watch the games, and you're diminishing the entire team's stats by your silly cupcake comment. Brooks was 7-11 last night, what bad shots did he take and how many?

Why is it easier to pad stats when you're on a bad team? Were you even alive during the 2012 season?

Reactions: Cats192
You clearly don't watch the games, and you're diminishing the entire team's stats by your silly cupcake comment. Brooks was 7-11 last night, what bad shots did he take and how many?

Why is it easier to pad stats when you're on a bad team? Were you even alive during the 2012 season?
Call me Nate Oats but I cringe everytime a midrange jumpshot is taking. They’re bad shots. I don’t care if they’re falling right now.

Brooks also has 18 more shots in the first five games of this season than Miller did his first five of his junior year.
Brooks - 58
Miller - 40
And Millers opponents included Oklahoma, Washington and UConn.

Brooks also has 18 more shots in the first five games of this season than Miller did his first five of his junior year.
Brooks - 58
Miller - 40
And Millers opponents included Oklahoma, Washington and UConn.
So you're only going to cherrypick Brooks' junior year? How irrational.

Call me Nate Oats but I cringe everytime a midrange jumpshot is taking. They’re bad shots. I don’t care if they’re falling right now.
Dude what an absolutely HORRIFIC take. You'd rather see us lose than Brooks take shots. Your basketball IQ is below sea level. Cal is clearly DRAWING UP PLAYS for Brooks so he clearly disagrees with you.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
From what I recall people were hard on Miller because they knew he had much more to give. His talent was evident. He had size, athleticism, could shoot, dribble and post up. Also was a willing passer. Fans just wanted him to leave his imprint on the game. The complaints about Brooks are that we'd like a little less from him while we wanted more of Miller.
22 and 8.
17 and 8.

39 and 16 on 16/29 shooting. Not sure why we need “less” from him. I’m happy when a UK player produces those kinds of numbers.

22 and 8.
17 and 8.

39 and 16 on 16/29 shooting. Not sure why we need “less” from him. I’m happy when a UK player produces those kinds of numbers.
No no, you don't understand, it doesn't matter that those shots are falling, they're BAD SHOTS. Don't you get it? GAWD.

Yours,

Sparky the hater

Reactions: Cats192
We’ve played 4/5 games against cupcake state, of course his stat lines for this year are inflated.

He looks out of control, he’s taking bad shots, the offense doesn’t flow when he has the ball like it does when many of our other players have the ball.

I don’t think Brooks is bad, but there’s a difference between 10 ppg on a national championship level team, and 10 ppg on a bad team. It’s easier to pad stats when you’re on a bad team.

Just look at the stat lines Isaiah Thomas put up when he was at the Kings, or Kevin Love before he joined the Cavs.
Do you think this is a bad team? I actually think it’s one of the best we’ve had in years.

“of course his stat lines are inflated” applies across the board. But no one else is judged by that. Oscar and Tyty and Wheeler are getting universal praise. None of this “well they’re doing this vs cupcakes.”

Do you think this is a bad team? I actually think it’s one of the best we’ve had in years.

“of course his stat lines are inflated” applies across the board. But no one else is judged by that. Oscar and Tyty and Wheeler are getting universal praise. None of this “well they’re doing this vs cupcakes.”
I believe this team has the potential to be as good as the Maxey team. Right now we're not there, but we could be if everybody gets healthy and stays in their own lanes.

They aren't bad shots if the right people are taking them and they have adequate space to get them off.

Brooks at times will take it contested, sometimes even fading away....that is a bad shot.

Off the catch or pull-up with space....not a bad shot.

I've had my laughs today. The older I get seems the less a lot of our fan base understands the game of basketball, but it's fun how some show it. Just the opinion of a old point guard.

The reason we play cupcake state so early and often is to give our guys confidence and time to jell. You're actually arguing that Brooks should take ZERO confidence from these games and, in fact, should voluntarily surrender his spot on the team and just ride the bench because you don't like him, despite the .500 shooting and the 14ppg.

They aren't bad shots if the right people are taking them and they have adequate space to get them off.

Brooks at times will take it contested, sometimes even fading away....that is a bad shot.

Off the catch or pull-up with space....not a bad shot.
Yes and no. Vs. Albany I saw him take one of those contested fadeaways...with 2 on the shot clock because Wheeler had pounded the air out of the ball and passed to TyTy in a crowd, and TyTy bailed out by shipping the rock to Brooks who had no choice but to shoot it.

He shouldn't be held accountable for a bad decision there.

Yes and no. Vs. Albany I saw him take one of those contested fadeaways...with 2 on the shot clock because Wheeler had pounded the air out of the ball and passed to TyTy in a crowd, and TyTy bailed out by shipping the rock to Brooks who had no choice but to shoot it.
In the Ohio game he tried at least two pullup with someone in his jersey. No shot clock factor. One he got stripped and he did not get a bucket off the other. May have been another that game. I'd like to see those removed from his game. Makes him more valuable.

Plus the goaltends. If a player is going high into the air and maybe catches it at the peak or maybe is a hair late and gets called. You can live with that. Plus it will make the opposition think a little more when going into the lane. Hitting the ball after it has hit the backboard on a layup is a dummy's move. That is low IQ.

I won't have a peep to say about Brooks but "Great job!" if he stops trying to dribble when we have tons of ballhandlers, stops heat-checking with players in his face, and stay away from the three point line. No issue with those long twos as long as he's open and it's coming off a pass. He's been great so far with those and no reason to take that away as long as he keeps hitting them. I'd like to see him get more rebounds in traffic. With an Oscar on the team many of our players should benefit getting some very easy boards. But so far the only person I saw Brooks wrestle a ball away from was Tyty, I believe it was. It's clear Cal is featuring him this season so our success will depend on him being more disciplined. Can he do that? Sure. Will he? ....

Keep telling yourself that. Compare the teams they played on. Miller never needed nor had the opportunities to put up the numbers Brooks has. Brooks can't shoot anything outside of the mid-range jumer, and that's when he manages to not get it stripped. He's an atrocious 3%shooter, ball handler and passer. He is weak as shit and plays passive and afraid. Miller was also a better athlete and far more physical. Much higher basketball IQ as well.

Miller was physical, that's news to me. And I was a huge fan of his.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
In the Ohio game he tried at least two pullup with someone in his jersey. No shot clock factor. One he got stripped and he did not get a bucket off the other. May have been another that game. I'd like to see those removed from his game. Makes him more valuable.

Plus the goaltends. If a player is going high into the air and maybe catches it at the peak or maybe is a hair late and gets called. You can live with that. Plus it will make the opposition think a little more when going into the lane. Hitting the ball after it has hit the backboard on a layup is a dummy's move. That is low IQ.

I won't have a peep to say about Brooks but "Great job!" if he stops trying to dribble when we have tons of ballhandlers, stops heat-checking with players in his face, and stay away from the three point line. No issue with those long twos as long as he's open and it's coming off a pass. He's been great so far with those and no reason to take that away as long as he keeps hitting them. I'd like to see him get more rebounds in traffic. With an Oscar on the team many of our players should benefit getting some very easy boards. But so far the only person I saw Brooks wrestle a ball away from was Tyty, I believe it was. It's clear Cal is featuring him this season so our success will depend on him being more disciplined. Can he do that? Sure. Will he? ....
Interesting that you have no comments for the Albany game. Agenda much?

I just know one thing and that is Miller was or is in NBA for lots of years...I would be so shocked if anyone even looked at brooks. Heck he is really not even the best on our present team...As soon as the injurys heal up brooks production will definely go down. AND nobody has even mentioned his defense or lack of

Miller was also a better athlete and far more physical.
No, he was absolutely not “far more physical.” I don’t know how anyone who knows basketball and watched him play would make such a nonsensical statement.

Miller was a good defender because he was a damn good perimeter cover guy, but he was not a physical player at all. In fact, a tendency to shy away from physical contact was a commonly cited knock on him.

Last edited:
Brooks the terrible ballhandler:
5v9w12.jpg

Brooks is averaging the 2nd highest number of turnovers a game. He is almost as high as the freaking PG who's job is to handle and distribute the ball. If you honestly don't think he is a poor ball-handler, you're more blind than Stevie Wonder.

He also has 0 steals, 0.2 assists, 1 block and barely 5 boards a game. He is softer than Charmin and is awful at almost every aspect of the game.

Lol, you're defending Keion Brooks, calling him a good shooter and comparing him to Darius Miller, while telling me I know nothing about basketball....😂😂😂 Please...tell us more! 🤣

Lol, you logically lept from me not thinking Keion is comparable to Miller to Kyle Rittenhouse? That tells me all I need to know. 😉
PasadenaCat strikes again. I think LowCountry is saying that you know very little about basketball based on the lack of intelligence you display on this board. You may be an expert in basketball but unable to express it properly when posting for us all to see.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just know one thing and that is Miller was or is in NBA for lots of years...I would be so shocked if anyone even looked at brooks. Heck he is really not even the best on our present team...As soon as the injurys heal up brooks production will definely go down. AND nobody has even mentioned his defense or lack of
When was Miller the best on our team? And Brooks does block shots.

5v9w12.jpg

Brooks is averaging the 2nd highest number of turnovers a game. He is almost as high as the freaking PG who's job is to handle and distribute the ball. If you honestly don't think he is a poor ball-handler, you're more blind than Stevie Wonder.

He also has 0 steals, 0.2 assists, 1 block and barely 5 boards a game. He is softer than Charmin and is awful at almost every aspect of the game.
You always finish your posts with absurd claims. So his points per game and shooting average are 'awful?'

No, your 'take' is awful.

Brooks the HORRIBLE ballhandler...POSTING UP HIS MAN FROM THE WING AND SCORING IN THE PAINT OVER HIM

Brooks the WEAK SOFT DEFENDER...BLOCKING A SHOT AND GRABBING THE BOARD

Reactions: kl40504
From what I recall people were hard on Miller because they knew he had much more to give. His talent was evident. He had size, athleticism, could shoot, dribble and post up. Also was a willing passer. Fans just wanted him to leave his imprint on the game. The complaints about Brooks are that we'd like a little less from him while we wanted more of Miller.
I don't think we beat Ohio without Brooks.

You guys aren't going to agree with the comparison, I'm sure. They are 2 different players playing 2 different position. Miller played on the wing the entire time he played for us. Brooks has played almost exclusively at power forward. Both have played their roles well.

Here is the deal: if you feel you need to bash either player to make your point, you don't. We want to remember Miller fondly and he won us a title so it shouldn't be hard. We also want Brooks to excel and we certainly don't want to find ourselves hoping he fails to prove me right. He only played half a season last year, so in essence he's still like sophomore. He will continue to improve as this season continues and that's exactly what we need. He may be shaky at times and make some bad plays and turnovers but he has been money from that baseline- and I mean elite.

You always finish your posts with absurd claims. So his points per game and shooting average are 'awful?'

No, your 'take' is awful.
Yes, his 3pt % is awful. He does okay on his 2 pt jumpers when he isn't getting stripped, but he isn't reliable enough or good enough to get it whenever he wants. It also isn't enough to negate the negatives he gives up. He is horrible defensively. He doesn't block a lot of shots, doesn't rebound well for his size or position, turns it over a lot, doesn't generate steals or turnovers, is a horrible ball handler and passer and provides no energy or leadership.

Yes, his 3pt % is awful. He does okay on his 2 pt jumpers when he isn't getting stripped, but he isn't reliable enough or good enough to get it whenever he wants. It also isn't enough to negate the negatives he gives up. He is horrible defensively. He doesn't block a lot of shots, doesn't rebound well for his size or position, turns it over a lot, doesn't generate steals or turnovers, is a horrible ball handler and passer and provides no energy or leadership.
56% from the field inside the arc FOR THE YEAR is "okay?" Man you are trying way too hard.

Did he get stripped here?

Or here?

Both scores were actively defended.

• Haha
Reactions: PasadenaCat
Why are we comparing a SF in Miller to a PF in Brooks? And Brooks is not stretch 4 that puts it on the floor...The comparison seems as random as comparing Liggins to Trey Lyles.
Because their numbers are similar but their fan treatment is FAR from similar.

Why are we comparing a SF in Miller to a PF in Brooks? And Brooks is not stretch 4 that puts it on the floor...The comparison seems as random as comparing Liggins to Trey Lyles.
I just posted two videos where Brooks put the ball on the floor and scored over his man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT