ADVERTISEMENT

Bring him home NOW!

The buyout goes the way the contract says, I dont know if it's a lump sum or not, my guess is only a handful do know. Muschamp got his from Carolina in installments, Richt got his from us as a lump sum, jimbo was a lump sum and today ATM thinks worth every nickle.

I think CMS is depresses from losing his mother, not likely a sudden event, his father basically dying on a sideline, him approaching 60. NIL changing college sports. Retirement might not be looking so bad. Not calling it, but won't surprise me if he announces his retirement at end of season with some kind of negotiated settlement.
No inside knowledge but agree with you on Stoops. Bob retired at 57 and Mark is 57/58

Stoops would have to agree to take less. Would he? Maybe. No one knows

its 44 mil. Man. Sometimes it’s just math. Math is the choice
I don't know what you are insinuating, but all I'm saying is the buyout will be negotiated and it will be less.

I don't know what you are insinuating, but all I'm saying is the buyout will be negotiated and it will be less.
We don’t even know what stoops wants to do. IF he chooses to renegotiate the buyout and dip then it will still depend on the number they agree to. But he does not have to give up 1 dollar.

I think you’ve nailed it.

I just remember Richt on the sidelines the last couple years, just seemed uninvolved. Turns out he was facing a health issue, after his wife had one earlier and it just wears you down. Hopefully things work out to a satisfactory solution for both parties. They have been good for each other.

Based on what exactly. One successful season at Tulane? 2 good seasons at Troy. There are a whole bunch of young coaches out there with better resumes.
Based on I have connections at the collegiate level and its WELL KNOWN amongst the coaching circles he is a STAR and will be somewhere big sooner rather than later. I was told the below teams are already putting out feelers to his camp:

Florida
Oklahoma
North Carolina (in the event he retires)

if we mess this up it will be Howard part II

Is there anyone on the forum who is familiar with how Go Fund Me actually works? If so, would it be possible to set up a Go Fund Me account that would pay UK all the donations provided Stoops is no longer the coach?

This would provide those of us who want a new coach a way of making a positive statement (We are donating to UK.) instead of a negative one.

If such a fund is set up, I pledge the first $100.

Kirby has his head scratching games too, and his first year was a rough one.

Uhhhhh.

Let’s not poor-mouth Kirby, Grump. The Bulldogs claim three National Titles, and Kirby won two of them and came OH-SO-CLOSE to at least a couple more.

Maybe the weakest part of his resume is how close UK comes to beating him on a fairly regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT