ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back….

RDF922

Blue Chip Prospect
May 29, 2001
Neal Brown.

The President of WVU just fired the AD and word is NB is next on the chopping block.

Bring him home!
He did a lot with a little last time he was here. I’d wager he could do a lot more with the stacked WR/TE rooms we have.

Sounds like the plan to bring back Liam Coen might already be in place.
I have a feeling Stoops has had talks behind closed doors with a couple potential replacements probably mid season. I am sure Stoops and the administration has a good feeling they can push to land their guy or close to the top of choice.

O Line coach probably next on the chopping block.

I have a feeling Stoops has had talks behind closed doors with a couple potential replacements probably mid season. I am sure Stoops and the administration has a good feeling they can push to land their guy or close to the top of choice.

O Line coach probably next on the chopping block.
Agreed, I'd say much has been going on behind the scene and has for some time.

Noticed UK's already posted the RB job, my guess is that' hire has been made.

How is it that Stoops hired 3 offensive assistants last year and all of them are getting fired this year? (I’m assuming Yesner is next)

Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
Agreed, I'd say much has been going on behind the scene and has for some time.

Noticed UK's already posted the RB job, my guess is that' hire has been made.

That's what I was thinking. Usually takes time for a job to be posted. That happened quickly

Reactions: mrschwump
How is it that Stoops hired 3 offensive assistants last year and all of them are getting fired this year? (I’m assuming Yesner is next)
While I more than see your point, no expert in any field can see the future. If we go back to Coen, which I hope we do, it's a known ingredient. At least Stoops is adjusting via personnel. Scang was just a bad fit. Hard to tell that ahead of time.

It also could explain Barion Brown's comments on being solid to BBN. Sure, there are many reasons why Brown would want to stay, but he also could be eyeing Wandale 2.0
I'm just saying when Stoops last night said he wasn't ready comment on OC situation last night, and people in the program were telling Matt Jones a decision wasn't imminent, Wednesday at the earliest, and they fire him the next day. You don't do that unless something changed. They must have gotten a yes from a potential replacement to move the time table of the decision up from nothing to report, to you're fired in the time of from the coaches show last night to, before noon today.

My observations:
1. An exciting pass oriented uptempo offense will attract 4/5* recruits.
2. Our defense has enough depth to support such an offense, plus defensive recruits will see playing time available and be attracted to UK.
3. Stoops seems to like conservative and low risk football. He plays not to lose, instead of playing to win. If UK gets ahead in the 3rd quarter; don’t run 3 plays, punt, and depend on your defense to hold the opponent scoreless In order to win.
4. Not necessarily want a Tenn style offense but look how successful their offense has become both running and passing. It has been said for decades, run to set up the pass. I believe you do the opposite. Spread the defense with the pass, then run against less people in the box
5. In one game, maybe against Tenn, 9 of our 21 passes were behind the line of scrimmage! Then Scans favorite was the wide receiver screen on 3rd and long After 2 running plays to start the drive.

6. I am not promoting the Hal Mumme/ Mike Leach air raidoffense. Something more akin to Kiffin’s offense at Ole Miss
as far as style.
7. Cannot really comment on the assistant coaches since I have never been at a single practice or on the field on game day. In hindsight the offensive line was a weak unit coming into the season. Don’t know if Yenser is the right person for the job, just as I don’t know if he is The wrong person.

I like CMS and he has done a good job over his tenure. However, to take the next step will take a different approach or mindset from our head coach. He sets the tone, the assistants work for him. The next Offensive Coordinator must have full control of the offense. That does not mean that Stoops has no input and does not communicate with the OC during the game. It does mean that he does not handcuff the OC once we get a lead. If Stoops hires a “yes” man in this day of the NIL, we will sink to the bottom of the SEC and quickly

Something no one's brought up, though, is that Will Levis was actually part of the interview process for the hire of Scang. They made a big point of that back in the offseason that Levis sat in on the interviews and had input on the decision. I've always wondered how much actual input he had.

I think your correct just my guess also
Would not be surprised at all if the RB coach will be Gran. May not be the recruiter many want but older, super experienced asst coach. And while recruiting will always be important, portal takes it down a notch. Being able to identify portal guys who can help you is of the utmost and a Gran-type can do that.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Something no one's brought up, though, is that Will Levis was actually part of the interview process for the hire of Scang. They made a big point of that back in the offseason that Levis sat in on the interviews and had input on the decision. I've always wondered how much actual input he had.
Doesn't matter now, that aspect is over and done with.

Neal Brown.

The President of WVU just fired the AD and word is NB is next on the chopping block.

Bring him home!
He did a lot with a little last time he was here. I’d wager he could do a lot more with the stacked WR/TE rooms we have.
No

Neal Brown.

Bring him home!
So you want to hire the guy WV is firing? I think we can do a little better, and I doubt NB wants to turn back the clock.

Watched MVU's last game, beating Ok St. Announcers were saying his $15M buyout was just too big for WVU to swallow and he most likely would be back.
TIFWIW

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT